Ques on tyres. pls help

Chia6996

hi, sorry if my ques sound stupid cause i newbie...

can anyone enlighten me abt the run flat tyre?

i understand that if my tyre kana nail, i have to change the whole tyre or even both. How true is that? any alternative? also, how much for one run flat tyre for a 16inch?

my ride is currently the new 320i, is it e90?

thanks in advance for the reply...:)

Re: Ques on tyres. pls help

I dun tink you will need to change tires.. just get tire shop to fix it up... $5-$8. I dun tink the nail u kena is those big nails that are 6" long and diameter at least 5mm.. normal nails only 2.5mm and 2.5" only.. make no sense to change both tires if only 1 kena especially ur tires are new...

yap, E90.

So it's a RFT..hmm
Dunno if its advisable to repair it. If not, then just get a new one and in doing so, u probably need to get a pair.

runflat...nail puncture in middle..just repair normally....there is a thread here where i posted.

Ques on tyres. pls help
hi, sorry if my ques sound stupid cause i newbie...

can anyone enlighten me abt the run flat tyre?

i understand that if my tyre kana nail, i have to change the whole tyre or even both. How true is that? any alternative? also, how much for one run flat tyre for a 16inch?

my ride is currently the new 320i, is it e90?

thanks in advance for the reply...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

Regarding your question about how much is a run flat tyre, I have asked Stamford Tyres and they quoted me S$490 per piece for a 16 inch. I am thinking of changing to the normal PS2 (17 inch) and it is cheaper then the run flat.:screwedu:

Hi Chia6996

my RFT just kena a nail and i went to repair it. It is still drivable, but somehow the tire will lose its pressure and i need to readjust the pressure almost every fortnight. So i think may be it is not advisable to repair.

Henry
I just changed my whole set of 16" RFT for $1.2K at Stamford also. I think ur price is a bit high.

babe said:
Hi Chia6996

my RFT just kena a nail and i went to repair it. It is still drivable, but somehow the tire will lose its pressure and i need to readjust the pressure almost every fortnight. So i think may be it is not advisable to repair.

Henry
I just changed my whole set of 16" RFT for $1.2K at Stamford also. I think ur price is a bit high.

So cheap? See Mee brand n model deh? and why u change the whole set though :woowooo:

Is there a different method when repairing RFT and usual tires when u kena nail? i thought the usual method is the "injection" aka "they called Pah Chiam" method?

Hi ABD

Cos my tires botak liao, so have to change the whole set. And i very lazy to source, so change to the same set Continental 16" RFT with new rims... keke.. so now rims very nice no scratches.

OLL
yah, they were using the same method to repair my RFT. They said my tire was repairable, if its at the sidewall or the nail was those big big type, then no choice have to change... :)

babe said:
Hi ABD

Cos my tires botak liao, so have to change the whole set. And i very lazy to source, so change to the same set Continental 16" RFT with new rims... keke.. so now rims very nice no scratches.

Whaaa so fast botak .............. what have u been doing??????????:yummie:

thanks for all the reply. its been great help. hope to meet up w u guys soon ya,:)

Hi all,

I got the Run Flat Tyre Signal on my E90, 320 about 2-3 weeks back, but did not occur to me it kan na nail as the manual said either low pressure or puncture. The best thing it never say which 1 out of the 4 tyres!!! So I just went to pump air then re- initialize and carry on as usual. Then this week, the signal came back up and I got worried why it happened, so pumped air again and this morning I happened to wind down my window and while driving off, heard a loud cracking sound as the wheel move, so I went to the petrol kiosk & try to repump but it does not allow me. Brought to a tyre shop and they found a rather big nail about 2-3 cm :( and repaired the tyre.

After I drove off the warning signal came on again! :( Is it that I have re-initialize the system again after removing & re-attaching the tyre?

So how do I really tell the tyre can still use or have to replace? Any one can recommend any reliable tyre shop i.e. Stamford tyre as I read in this tread? My tyre still not bo tak leh :(

This self recovery tyre is really chim .. no knowledge on it as using it for the 1st time that come with the 320 by default.

Anyone who knows please advice how do I go about trouble shooting this?

Million thanks..
Really LOST :(

Back