PS2 replaced run-flats, what about spare?

eggz

Finally got my crappy Dunlop runflats changed to a set of PS2s. Wow, the difference in ride and noise is like night and day, it's like driving a new car.

Ok, now I don't have a spare, so what are the options available?

1. Tyre repair kit, about $150
2. Spare donut tyre, the Hurry guy says get from PML, about $400, seems really expensive though.
3. Get spare full size 17inch tyre (a cheapy 2nd hand one will do), use only on drives up north eg. track days. Otherwise keep at home.

I'm thinking maybe get both 1 and 3. Use 3 only for going up north, otherwise for local driving, depend on option 1 only (save weight)

Any other suggestions?

Re: PS2 replaced run-flats, what about spare?

Congrats Egg...finally...
Kit 1 n 3 are great. Remove Kit 3 after u reach Sepang , swee2xx

personally i got the airman for J4C... its a great little gadget n very easy to use... i actually had to use it myself first hand last weekend... hiazzz

whatever it is.... it workz! ( very messy when at tire shop repairing thou... haha )

Eggz,

Was told to forget about spare and just go for #1. When you have a flat, just call PML and tell them you need spare. Dont know if this works but that's what I was told

That is probably for Singapore road driving tho.
For NS, PML won't entertain.

Thanks Bros for the suggestions. I'll go with option 1 and 3.

One more question, roughly how many KM to run-in the PS2s? The guy at Hurry says about 300km, is that right? I want to make sure they're run-in before the track day on 10 Feb

What is one suppose to do during the tyre run-in period? keep it under a certain speed?

300-500..depending on tyre. drive normally. u dun want brake patches. track day itself swerve left right maybe 2 laps b4 u give it full...u need to scrub sidewalls too.

pg7170 said:
personally i got the airman for J4C... its a great little gadget n very easy to use... i actually had to use it myself first hand last weekend... hiazzz

whatever it is.... it workz! ( very messy when at tire shop repairing thou... haha )

Hi pg7170, please explain what you mean by messy as I'm planning to buy one soon...

Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back