Protect and Shine

coconut1

My new drive is a black 316.

Was recently recommended this product "carlack 68 systematic care" as a protectant (against bird droppings) and a super shine sealant/wax. Looking at my friend's 4 year old car which looks like a showroom piece, I got a bottle from him to try it out.

Almost effortless. After the usual wash and rinse, 5 mins to apply on and wipe off.
Looks like I'll be following my friend's weekly routine to maintain the showroom type of shine.
Tempted to top it off with a meguaire's quick wax spray.
Was wondering if anyone else here has experience and advice on DIY detailing?

Re: Protect and Shine

coconut1;1057601 said:

Was recently recommended this product "carlack 68 systematic care" as a protectant (against bird droppings) and a super shine sealant/wax. Looking at my friend's 4 year old car which looks like a showroom piece, I got a bottle from him to try it out.

Almost effortless. After the usual wash and rinse, 5 mins to apply on and wipe off.
Looks like I'll be following my friend's weekly routine to maintain the showroom type of shine.

Hallo and welcome. Great first post, but you should try the products of our site sponsors like Revol and Sonax as well.

coconut1;1057601 said:

Hi Coconut,

welcome onboard.......

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

coconut1;1057601 said:

Welcome coconut1 :wavey:

With regard to the statement in blue: I no longer go with wax stuff or wax related sprays.

Wtih regard to your question in red: Nothing beats those PPS. From my own ride's experience (done by SONAX), I only need once (or twice) a week of water wash and wipe dry to maintain the showroom look. Even when the ride is dirty or dusty, the shine remain visible.

Great first post by the way. And our site sponsor's water beading are way much better than that picture you posted.

Important question and clarification... ts do u sell the product or are related to anyone who sells this product?

diablo_728;1058437 said:
Important question and clarification... ts do u sell the product or are related to anyone who sells this product?

No vested interest. Just researching/experimenting whatever great products to protect and shine the ride.

Attributes examined include:
1. Bird shit proofing
2. Lasting power (3-6mths)
3. Gloss
4. Ease of use (DIY)
5. Water stain proofing (beading)

If the site sponsored products are better in the above aspects, will be more than happy to try too.

From other detailing forums i read, the sonax brilliant shine seems to be highly anticipated, but dont know if it is really good.

I find sonax detailer siap siap but Boy.....does it shine

coconut1;1058418 said:
I'm impressed with the water beading effect myself!

coconut1;1058450 said:
.....If the site sponsored products are better in the above aspects, will be more than happy to try too.

From other detailing forums i read, the sonax brilliant shine seems to be highly anticipated, but dont know if it is really good.

Bro, u should look at the quality of water beading because even a normal wax shows water beading after application.

The quality of water beading shown in the picture below, surely wins the picture sample you shown e.g. All spherical shape in various sizes versus various shapes and sizes, respectively.

Like MW posted, the finished touch is definitely siap siap and not smooth to the touch... but by some great work the brand did, the shine and water beading is incredible.

Note:
- 'Bird shit proofing', no need to say coz the better water beading quality, the better is the proofing.
- I m not related nor have any business relationship with the brand. Just a user.

BSD_White_zps59d7f152.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Also useful to know how long the shine lasts, and how much time in between maintenance washes!

Baby1M;1058462 said:
Bro, u should look at the quality of water beading because even a normal wax shows water beading after application.

The quality of water beading shown in the picture below, surely wins the picture sample you shown e.g. All spherical shape in various sizes versus various shapes and sizes, respectively.

Like MW posted, the finished touch is definitely siap siap and not smooth to the touch... but by some great work the brand did, the shine and water beading is incredible.

Note:
- 'Bird shit proofing', no need to say coz the better water beading quality, the better is the proofing.
- I m not related nor have any business relationship with the brand. Just a user.

BSD_White_zps59d7f152.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back