Problematic E90 Owners

Janson

I realised there's alot of owners with their problematic E90 out there. those with major problems might wish to leave ur name here and mobile nos in my mailbox. thanks

Re: Problematic E90 Owners

Lets see..

1) car stalled twice in the first week
2) engine give out loud rattling noise
3) valvetronic failure
4) Abs failure
5) aircon failure
6) dynamic driving control failure
7) back seat air con lever spoilt ( just realised yesterday when i'm cleaning the back )
front seat air con lever spoilt
9) wheels not balanced
10) power steering not returning to centre fast .
11) rubber from the windscreen is down
12) car jerk quite abit when coming to a stop
13) car auto lock while engine is running
14) power cut off while moving off
15) car seat shift to memory two while driving halfway

workshop seems to be my second home. got my car in July. i'm waiting for them to quote me a price in changing a new car or upgrade to 325i since 16th of Nov !!!

JEFFREY LAU, AFTERSALES MANAGER of KAMPONG ARANG WORKSHOP seems to avoiding my calls. his secretary always say he's in meeting and will ask him call back but never or she will tell me that he's busy at the moment and will ask him call me back but still never..

been trying to call till now !

QUES : WHATS THIS ???
ANS : BMW SUX A BIG TIME !!!!

*no offence to fellow members*

GIVE UP !!!

hi bro......im thinking for the 402nd time now whether to get a new E90 NOW........aiyo!!

hamz said:
hi bro......im thinking for the 402nd time now whether to get a new E90 NOW........aiyo!!

wahaha..
come on bro.. go ahead with your decision. there are quite a few owners who are satisfied with their ride.. SO.. chill !!!!

just pray and hope to get a problems free car after putting the deposit !

hahahaha~~~

hamz, what other options have you?
Honestly, I am far from impressed with my E90. It is good, but I am not convinced it is worth its price.
1) Alfa 159
not sure how much is alfa 159 (the new one, and I am not sure if it is already here).
If I can save 20000, I would not hesitated and get that.
2) IS250
How much is this? Again if there's substantial savings, I think this might be a good alternative.

The other salon....no where near.

IS250 around $130k to $135k. Higher spec'ed than comparable 320i. Coming Jan 2006, first cars on the road around then, pending LTA homologation.

Recent Fifth Gear review rated it very well for comparable diesel versions, IS220d vs 320d.

If you read the UK mag reviews, most say the IS comes close but not close enough for the BMW 3 series. Of course, you get more power with the base IS250 vs 320.

hullo bros....just got an offer of $133K before 3% cash rebate,,,,,that works out to be 130K.
worth it????hmmmmmm

snoopytan said:
If you read the UK mag reviews, most say the IS comes close but not close enough for the BMW 3 series. Of course, you get more power with the base IS250 vs 320.

...and more income to our garment

I walked into Lexus before deciding on my BMW. The Lexus sales lady obviously thot I wld not be able to afford a Lexus (looking at the RX300). The BMW SE was patient and was not judgemental. That played a role in me deciding on the BMW as well.

i think this is normally the problem when u buy the 1st generation of a new model/series. I think the E46 1st generation also had it's fair share of problems when it was first launched.

THat's why car manufacturers always comes out with 'face-lifted' models, aka 'debugged' model!

hamz said:
hullo bros....just got an offer of $133K before 3% cash rebate,,,,,that works out to be 130K.
worth it????hmmmmmm

May I ask this price is based on how much loan taken? Thanks

The UK car mag "CAR" rated IS250 at least on par for drivebility and handling comparing to the 3 series if not better. I think 320 is not worth the money, at lease a 325. On the other hand, PML price the 325 till ppl will take the 523 instead; strange pricing.

CoolBlue6699 said:
The UK car mag "CAR" rated IS250 at least on par for drivebility and handling comparing to the 3 series if not better. I think 320 is not worth the money, at lease a 325. On the other hand, PML price the 325 till ppl will take the 523 instead; strange pricing.

I would think if you want a more sporty drive with a higher HP, go for the 325. If you want status and comfort, go for the 523. On top of that, 325 comes with Navigation system but not 523.

The 523 doesn't come with active steering unlike the last batch of 520s. I would think you (Janson) would appreciate it as it would be easier to park!

Jus like what PW mentioned...if you want the sporty look..go for the 325!

keanw1 said:
The 523 doesn't come with active steering unlike the last batch of 520s. I would think you (Janson) would appreciate it as it would be easier to park!

Jus like what PW mentioned...if you want the sporty look..go for the 325!

yes, you're right ! but i seriously doubt i still want a bmw after being treated with such services.. will see how it goes..

suggest switch to the lexus is250, lah. jap tech seldom fails but character? well that's another question.

For the same price, a lexus and a BMW, in this case a 320 vs is250, I would go for the BMW.
The prestige is worth more than the power, even if is250 is a great great car.
I can forgo a little of the prestige and get the power if I also save.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Archaner
Back