PML - Engine Oil

cisconet1234

What brand of Engine Oil does PML uses to service our cars?

Can i bring my own Engine Oil for servicing? If yes, what is the best grade for my F10 - 523i

Thanks!

Re: PML - Engine Oil

BMW High Performance SAE 5W-30 Synthetic Oil* (BMW part number 07 51 0 017 866)

* Does not apply to M vehicles

BMW recommends that you check your engine oil level whenever you add fuel to your vehicle.

If you need to add oil between oil changes and BMW High Performance Synthetic Oil is unavailable, you may top up the oil level with one of the following approved synthetic oils. For information on checking your engine oil level refer to your vehicle's Owner's Manual.

The oils listed below meet BMW's Long-life rating and are acceptable for use in BMW Passenger vehicles and SAVs in the US market with gasoline engines.

BMW Long-life rating LL-01 Approved Synthetic Oils for the US Market:

•Castrol Syntec European Formula SAE 0W-30

•Mobil 1 SAE 0W-40

•Pennzoil Platinum European Formula Ultra SAE 5W-30

•Valvoline SynPower SAE 5W-30

Use only oils with an API rating of SM or higher.

cisconet1234;869371 said:
What brand of Engine Oil does PML uses to service our cars?

Can i bring my own Engine Oil for servicing? If yes, what is the best grade for my F10 - 523i

Thanks!

PML uses Shell 0W30.

Can bring in own Engine Oil.

Bring own oil only pay labour, oil filter and gst. Cost u $84++

PML customer service said, they are using mobil 5W-30?! which is true? mobil or shell? :confused:

rt333;869450 said:
Bring own oil only pay labour, oil filter and gst. Cost u $84++

cool! thanks for sharing. will lookout for my choice of oils then. :)

desertfox65;869490 said:
BMW branded oil is castrol not shell

PML has change the oil to shell helix ultra.

desertfox65;869490 said:
BMW branded oil is castrol not shell

Ai bet mai? We go PML to verify. Loser go galaxy open bottles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks to bros who had replied. Really confused man... Haha.. Shell, Castrol, or Mobil?

Btw, among the 3 which is the best for BMW? And where to buy cheap.. keke

cisconet1234;869591 said:
Thanks to bros who had replied. Really confused man... Haha.. Shell, Castrol, or Mobil?

Btw, among the 3 which is the best for BMW? And where to buy cheap.. keke

Mobil 1 0w40 lah ! Cheap and good , no regret : )

Was using X-Rev 0w30 for my 523i F10 for 1 1/2 yr .. engine running very quiet n rev to redline freely till the day I sold my car .. find the car quieter than my current GS .. adding magdakote 21 helps

To be clear BMW sells engine oil under its own brand name. This is supplied by castrol. What pml uses may not be the BMW branded engine oil. They have used Mobil and BMW oils in the past. They are not consistent, so if you are worried it is best to bring the oil with you when you give the car to pml for an oil change.

I dont play around with engine oil. For me its like the blood in your body. Whether cheap or expensive oil, always remember to check them as often as possible. Try not to overdue the recommended servicing interval.
Also, diff brand of engine oil has diff reliability too altho it has the same rating.
For example, motul. Good quality oil but after abused it for 5k km, u can see the oil breaks.

1cent opinion from a newbie bmw member.
Cheers.

called up my service advisor to check. Seems BMW has really switched from castrol to Shell Helix ultra
seems it is 10w40. as Shell helix ultra doesnt come in w30. Any guys used PML's oil and found it to be better or worse ?

the shell helix ultra is 5w-40. well within the specified ranges.

did an oil change at 1.5k using shell helix ultra. ultra smooth. no problem.

Azarael;872869 said:
called up my service advisor to check. Seems BMW has really switched from castrol to Shell Helix ultra
seems it is 10w40. as Shell helix ultra doesnt come in w30. Any guys used PML's oil and found it to be better or worse ?
Engine oil is juz like tyre is juz like underwear. Personal preference.

Meek;872873 said:
the shell helix ultra is 5w-40. well within the specified ranges.

did an oil change at 1.5k using shell helix ultra. ultra smooth. no problem.
5w-40 IS NOT WITHIN SPECs. All engine with valvetronic & NA has to be on LL-01FE/LL-04, which is 5w-30 with HTHS > 3.5.

what is LL-01 and LL-04

I ask first cos I newbie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back