Petrol

SL2

Legendary 10 Years
:whattheh: I think that's pretty good already dude!

Re: Petrol

AdrianNg said:
Hi

My ride , a e46 318i is only doing 7.2 km/litre at best hitting 8km/litre.

is this norm and if there is anything I could do to improve the fuel efficiency ?

Cheers
Adrian
==========

eh?..can this be true?..my E36 318i is doing 8.5km/litre, and i'm complaining!!!..

seriously, the E46 guzzles that badly? keen to find out more esp since it might be the next car i own..:p

incidentally, i passed a small Hyundai roadshow, and enquired abut the Coupe..the chap told me that the consumption of the Coupe was 8.5km/l...i swallowed hard!!!..THEN he went on to say that the Getz was a "better bet" at 10.5km/l...good grief.. my other clio does 13km/l when i'm careless, and 15km/l when i'm feather footed..:p..

hmm? i get about 9 to 10 km/L. highway to city about 70-30%.

in fact current tank will prob be higher... 360km at half way mark ;) cos lots of highway driving over the weekend in SG.

Hi !

Just want to share my car E46 318i saloon (8 Months Old) petrol consumption.

I get about 9 to 10KM/L too ;) (80% Highway and 20% City).
I don't redline my car often :naughty:

If I drive aggressively, easily can get about 7 to 8KM/L :errr:

Therefore, it is depends on how you drive your car :)

I believed by changing your car engine oil and spark plug will help to reduce your car consumption by a bit 8)

Cheer and enjoy your ride :)

Wah 7.2 or 8 is very bad... i guess u got a heavy foot lor..... But not to worry i m going to go on a test of a product call DPS voltage stabilizer, in HK OPTION mag. test on a 325, they claim that some model Bimmer can't use due to some reason, there was good result but that's all on what they say... Now i m going to test it out 1 by 1 see which is suitable and good... too many model around to test and very time consuming so might need some help from guys here....

7-8km/lit does not sound right for a 318i. Get it looked at. Unless you are really heavy footed and mostly driving start-stop for short distances.

I think there is a diff in petrol consumption between non-valvetronic 1.9L 318 and the valvetronic 2.0 318. Some of the feedback here are from bros with valvetronic. Perhaps those with non-valve like Kentonna can comment. Better comparo that way though his car is very aerodynamic I must say, so his fuel consuption may be quite good. Over to u Kentonna, hehe

Hi guys, i'm on Valvetronic and travel to and fro along thomson, lornie clementi and west coast every morning and evening... traffic is bad and obtain abt 9.7km/litre....but used to be driving a nissan primera along same road and hitting 8.5km/litre .... so i guess no complains for me... ;)

We can only envy the Valvetronics' fuel consumption. Even if I feather-foot all the way, I can never better 8.5 km/l. Oh well...

Re: Petrol

AdrianNg said:
Hi

My ride , a e46 318i is only doing 7.2 km/litre at best hitting 8km/litre.

is this norm and if there is anything I could do to improve the fuel efficiency ?

Cheers
Adrian
==========

lose weight (both driver AND car)..throw out the spare tire,..... but seriously ladies and gents in the forum.. is 7+km / ltr the norm for us here? just curious, cos it seems differnt from my E36 318i.. thanx...

cheers!

michael

My previous pre-FL 318i read 8.5-9.5L/100km..
65 highway 35 pct city. Think good enough IMO.

My 2-week old 318i Valvetronic does about 9.2km/litre which I think is acceptable (or pretty good) to me. I'm very happy with it.

Hi Guy,
Just to add on, my pre F/L 318 is doing about 8.5 - 9km/l 70% highway and 30% city.

When I was testing out a cabrio, the PML salesperson mentioned that (320) gets about 8.5 km/l. Which happened to be good for a vehicle in this class. *his words*

RB....
Jus to check with you wats yours like....?
Cos i think mine is quite high leh....
U shld be one of the heavy right footers right?

Cheers..... :)

My Pre FL 318i is doing 11.5l/100km according to the OBC.
That works out to about 8.6 km /l.

Back