over heating...........

zzback

hi people

HELP NEEDED, my 2006 523i gets over heated very easily and i can feel that i've lost some power aswel! has anyone got this problem b4!

best regards
zzback8)

Re: over heating...........

can you give a better description of how your car overheats? In what situations and is it after normal or hard driving?

normal driving, to be exact, my car was parked for the whole nite, and in the morning i started my car everything was normal til i got on to the high way thats when the warning lites came on, ENGINE OVER HEATING STOP CAR!

bring it in to doctor for check-up asap.

Rather than bring to doctor, i think call ambulance. :)
Flatbed the car, you dont wanna stop and wait each time the car heats up.

If you stop your car and let the engine cool off then start the engine again. The warning signal comes up after 5mins of driving. It could be the water pump.

either coolant leaking... waterpump broken or thermostat broken...

i assume ur car not under warranty anymore? then dont bother going back PML...

go to other outside workshop like BVO or Boss to get it rectified...

Common problem. The N52 engines suffer from a faulty electrical water pump. The 200W pump fails after 40k to 70k km. Changed several already.

could anyone post a couple of work shops that i could bring me car too!
once again thanks!

regards
zzback:)

Did you even check wats the water level of your radiator??????

Come down to BossMotorSports 2moro for a check up!!!

'The Great White'

yes i did bro, and yes the water level is rite!
anyways if u guys r open 2moro i'll go over first thing in the morning! ;)

wilman2772;531688 said:
Did you even check wats the water level of your radiator??????

Come down to BossMotorSports 2moro for a check up!!!

'The Great White'

zzback;531703 said:
yes i did bro, and yes the water level is rite!
anyways if u guys r open 2moro i'll go over first thing in the morning! ;)

Yup!!

We are open!

Look for Calvin!

'The Great White'

went to BMWorkshop @ bukit merah
here's the following items that had to be changed out!
-electric water pump $750
-thermostat $150
-bypass hose $35
-coolant $18
-labour $150
-gst $77.21
-total $1180.21

with this amount i could buy meself 2sets of race tires for my bike, damm...........

Last edited by a moderator:

there were error codes for the thermostat?? or just changed anyway! seems unlikely that thermostat and the pump fail together..

Usually all these must be changed together

-electric water pump $750
-thermostat $150
-bypass hose $35
-coolant $18

ok lah. better change them now else when your engine biang due to overheating its gonna cost a lot more.

Hi,

I'm about to decide to get a year 2000 E39 525 with M54B25 engine. Loan approved but before I finalise the purchase i decided to take the car to mechanic to do diagnostic check. After the diagnostic only one error discovered. Parking Distance sensor not working (can it be easily repaired?). Anyway that does not deprive me from taking this car. However on the way back from workshop, during heavy rain and jam, the temperature shoot up to 3/4.When cruising, temperature back to normal. When rev the engine high in neutral gear, temperature back to normal (half). When idling or stop temperature back to 3/4 and at one time almost hit the red zone.

This really scares me as I've gone through radiator lower hose burst before on my previous E34 during traffic jam. Even after fixing the problem, radiator have to top up from time to time. I decided to let go the car.

My worst nightmare is head gasket crack.

What could go wrong?

Fan clutch? I notice aircond takes time to cold when start the engine. Salesman said this is normal for BMW. Is it so?

How about water pump? Is it not working properly that cause the problem?

Salesman said he will fix all those problem. I told him after all the fix, I want to do compression test to make sure head gasket not warp or crack. Where can I do compression test? How much will it cost should engine require top overhaul?

Final question....should I walk away from this car. Such a beautiful machine to drive with very responsive throttle and comfortable.

Appreciate any advise.

Back