Ordering the E93 335i

funnybone

Hi all,

I am new here, just ordered a Black Sapphire / Saddle Brown E93 335i Cabrio. Concerning the Options, I need some advice urgently.

1. High Gloss Shadow Line - Should I order this to replace the chrome trims around the windows and the roof panels? I was thinking the Black trims might help to mask the roof panel lines. I saw the actual cars using having the chrome really amplify the roof panel joint lines. Does it looks cheap on a black car?

2. M3 Steering Wheel with Paddles - Is it worthwhile to order this? I find the leather on the original steering very hard, feels like plastic. Is the M3 one better?

3. Style 230 19" Wheels - What you guys think about this wheel? Nice? Links:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/uploadedimages/pressevent/12.JPG

4. Front Park Distance Control - Thinking of getting the Front Parking Sensors. Makes parallel parking a breeze. Is this option popular?

5. Bodykit - Should I get the full M-Sport Aero Kit (looks like the M3 front bumper) or just the front Aero Lip? Which one is nicer?

Thanks in advance for your suggestion and advice.

Cheers!!

Re: Ordering the E93 335i

funnybone;293897 said:
Hi all,

I am new here, just ordered a Black Sapphire / Saddle Brown E93 335i. Concerning the Options, I need some advice urgently.

1. High Gloss Shadow Line - Should I order this to replace the chrome trims around the windows and the roof panels? I was thinking the Black trims might help to mask the roof panel lines. I saw the actual cars using having the chrome really amplify the roof panel joint lines. Does it looks cheap on a black car?

many ppl prefer the black trims. looks more sporty

2. M3 Steering Wheel with Paddles - Is it worthwhile to order this? I find the leather on the original steering very hard, feels like plastic. Is the M3 one better?

m3 steering with paddle not out yet. i think u talking about m steering

is thinner

get after market. nicer....like BBS or DPE etc

4. Front Park Distance Control - Thinking of getting the Front Parking Sensors. Makes parallel parking a breeze. Is this option popular?

i thought is standard?

5. Bodykit - Should I get the full M-Sport Aero Kit (looks like the M3 front bumper) or just the front Aero Lip? Which one is nicer?

what about full M3 conversion at SWC? terrys says one

Hi all,

I am new here, just ordered a Black Sapphire / Saddle Brown E93 335i. Concerning the Options, I need some advice urgently. Black again?:( How about Sparkling Graphite?:)

1. High Gloss Shadow Line - Should I order this to replace the chrome trims around the windows and the roof panels? I was thinking the Black trims might help to mask the roof panel lines. I saw the actual cars using having the chrome really amplify the roof panel joint lines. Does it looks cheap on a black car? Its nice but then from far yours look like E92 Coupe:)

2. M3 Steering Wheel with Paddles - Is it worthwhile to order this? I find the leather on the original steering very hard, feels like plastic. Is the M3 one better? Its up to you. The steering is thick enuf tho, I like it.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/upload...ssevent/12.JPG Nice, many E92 325 and E90s put them on. One of the nicer BMW rims IMO but its heavy. The Run flat tyres however seem to have improved these days.

4. Front Park Distance Control - Thinking of getting the Front Parking Sensors. Makes parallel parking a breeze. Is this option popular? I got it, because I was worried about my wife's parallel parking. Its very sensitive though but a good safety thing

5. Bodykit - Should I get the full M-Sport Aero Kit (looks like the M3 front bumper) or just the front Aero Lip? Which one is nicer? No comments

Thanks in advance for your suggestion and advice.

Cheers!!

Just to comment on the bodykit, do some research coz there are quite a few different ones around, whether its for the front, spoiler, rear or sideskirts. E90Post | BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - Powered by vBulletin is a good site to go to and see some of these bodykits on actual cars.

This way you can be sure of getting the bodykit you feel will give your car the type of look you want to go for. I think generally most folks mix and match, rather than just getting the full aero kit or full m-kit.

Thanks for the advices.

Will there be a full M3 conversion by SWC?

So do you guys think the Shadow Line Black Trim will hide the lines of the roof in the convertible better? My intention is to make the roof joints flow nicely ....

u will not be the first E93 with full M3 conversion. someone else beat u to it.

if u go to swc now, the kit might stillbe there for ur viewing

Black does hide the lines better. Sometimes I mistake the cabs for the coupes and the black window trim does make it flow better. u can leave it as chrome and then when u feel like it, go paste sticker over the trim to get the black look. Kenn did it for his car.

No M3 steering with paddles out yet as its only the E92 M3 that JUST announced the M-DCT. I guess that u are referring to the M-sport steering wheel. The sides are perforated and has thumb grips.

For the price of your 230 19" rims, u could get real nice aftermarket rims.

Front PDCs are almost standard on PI 335s but not common on PML's 335i. I'm actually more concerned with idiots reversing into me than the other way round! :)

As for bodykits, u can shop around too!

Cheers and congrats on the car!

OT: saw a really nice Sapphire black E93 335 lat night along PIE near lornie road.

A very fast lady driver....X888X...nice plate too

Thats what I think too ...

Will go look at the E93 again and "visualise" the roof lines if using Black trims.

Perhaps I will only take the original Black Trim as Option and give the rest a miss .......

Then go SWC for the full M3 look. Anyone knows how much is the damage for the Full M3 conversion? ANY PIC?

hitmee;293958 said:
OT: saw a really nice Sapphire black E93 335 lat night along PIE near lornie road.

A very fast lady driver....X888X...nice plate too

Top up or Top Down? Still deciding whether to keep the chrome trim or Black Trim ...

funnybone;293897 said:
Hi all,

I am new here, just ordered a Black Sapphire / Saddle Brown E93 335i Cabrio. Concerning the Options, I need some advice urgently.

Congrats on your order. I'm waiting for the same model as well for months....will be worth the wait.

Black trim does not look cheap on a BMW. Gives the car a cleaner look and masks the break lines well. I am passing on black though as my E93 will have a light tone, so the chrome looks better. For your car, black trim should look great.

I think you are referring to the MTech Steering with paddles? The M3 Steering with paddles is still not here yet. The MTech steering is thicker (but not as thick as M3). I like the MTech with paddles and have chosen this option.

Not my look, but many do like it especially if you are ok with the firmer ride. I'm more inclined to get the M Star Spoke 193 as it is still an 18" but has the look of a 19" because of the design. Too many bad memories of the firm ride from my last car with a 19" set. See link here to the rim and other MTech stuff: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35579

I have chosen the front PDC option as well. Was annoyed to find that this was not standard on the E93. Gave my SE a lot of grief about PML making a quick buck from this.

I mixed and matched. Chose the Aero Lip for front and MTech sideskirts and MTech rear. Seemed good in the photos on E90post.com. Now the only question is whether for the MTech rear, to paint over the plastic bottom with the body colour or leave it as black for contrast. Has anyone else painted over their MTech rears?

Cheers!!

Anyway, great choice of colour and whatever mods you make, the engine is still the gem in this machine. One test drive and I was hooked.

Other options you might want to consider:
1. Logic 7 Audio
2. Full/partial Alum. foot pedals - BMW or AC Schnitzers (PML still have AC's in stock as at last week).
3. Leather handbrake grip with chrome top (to match the gear knob and idrive controller)
4. etc. etc. etc....welcome to the mod world..:yummie:

Go for Shadow Line for sure. If only the FC allowed me to get blacked-out wheels, I'd have ticked that option without even blinking.

1. High Gloss Shadow Line - GET IT. It does help to mask the broken lines......Or you could apply Oracal tape over it, like some of us did.

2. M3 Steering Wheel with Paddles - GET IT. Feels better, and make us envy.

3. Style 230 19" Wheels - Subjective. Depends on the pricing - might as well go aftermarket if expensive.

4. Front Park Distance Control - PI Cars have this as standard. Not much of a use, especially if your car is kitted. You will never park head in.

5. Bodykit - subjective

Thanks ...

So far seems like:

1. Black Trim - TICKED
2. M-Steering - Perhaps should wait for the new M3 ones
3. 230 Wheels - The price is not bad, with tires at only $2,400. Worth it?
4. Front PDC - TICKED
5. Might consider the full M3 conversion, looks nicer with the wider fenders.

I don't think I will opt for Logic7 cos I seldom on the Hi-Fi ...

Anymore suggestions?

Back