Official 2012 BMWSG Sepang Track Day Thread

Re: Official 2012 BMWSG Sepang Track Day Thread

TotoSeow, Instead of brushing it off, as a new member not knowing or understand what the situation is - explain it.

Most of us here have multiple cars - we do not turn up at a honda/toyota/mazda meet in our bmw.

Check out the mercedes forum, their AMG and merc track days - are just that. AMG and merc.

If we are the friendliest track day? Does that mean we will open the doors to typeR, evos and mx5?

TCC breaks even at a track day, with 20 participants, 4 hours, $180 to $200. Why do we need 20 cars at $400?

anggarda;729994 said:
TCC breaks even at a track day, with 20 participants, 4 hours, $180 to $200. Why do we need 20 cars at $400?

Bro, SIC charges RM18,000 for 3hrs.. Who says TCC breaks even with 20 participants with 4hrs TD charging tht amount?

anggarda;729994 said:
TotoSeow, Instead of brushing it off, as a new member not knowing or understand what the situation is - explain it.

Most of us here have multiple cars - we do not turn up at a honda/toyota/mazda meet in our bmw.

Check out the mercedes forum, their AMG and merc track days - are just that. AMG and merc.

If we are the friendliest track day? Does that mean we will open the doors to typeR, evos and mx5?

bro look at the next track day list in feb..we have 1 rex 1 evo and 4 FD2R

Our past threads have all the answers you need and more. Perhaps these are topics discussed to death over the past 2 years that's why, although newcomers may read it in a different context because there's no history. Come join us when you can, the track days are friendly :)

Hi angarda,

Test case. I joined this forum when I had a 7 series together with a porker, should I be made to take a 7 series to sepang if I want to join a bmwsg trackday?

Anyhow my experience is that the presence of the gt3s, lambos, evos make it quite fun and there's very little to be intimidated by. Try it for yourself.

What merc trackdays, Honda trackdays do, it's up to them but different rules for each trackday no? Eventually I guess bmwsg will become more BMW centric given the number of M cars sold nowadays (ie pure BMW track car demand goes up enough) but until then...

Reserves s$4564 + rm4564
Reg fees 37 x $190 + 5 x $40
Less: track fees $7741.65
Closing bal: s$4053 + rm4564

For Apr8's 40hour track day, shall we settle on a straight 4 hour session, 40 cars, and 600RM track fee?

Racebred;748656 said:
For Apr8's 40hour track day, shall we settle on a straight 4 hour session, 40 cars, and 600RM track fee?

Excellent ! More traffic on the way up for afternoon TD so might as well maximize track time :goodup:

Racebred;748656 said:

Onz..........

cheers

high five

up high

down low

anggarda;729994 said:

If you see TCC has 20 cars, that means the participation for that very day's event is just low and the club won't ask for top ups.
At other times, there can be between 50-100 cars and the prices paid remain the same.
So what they have made from large turn-outs will subsidize any future shortfall.

It's a club managed by a few people. I wouldn't say it's profit oriented club but it sort of is in a way..

Reserves: s$4053 + rm4564
Reg fees: 36 x $260 + 5 x $40 + 2 x RM600
Less: track fees $10198.29 (@2.3533)
Closing Balance: S$3,414 + rm5,764

from my experience, its time to start booking for 2013's track days, if we want prime slots on saturday mornings.

Looking, and reacting to this year's waning demand, I am thinking of a few changes. One, is to reduce the number of track days. I am thinking of doing 4 track days, once every quarter, for 2013. And/or, limit to 30 cars per track day (at 600rm per car, should the SIC rate stay the same). This ensures that we hit our 18000rm total every registration. We could perhaps open up the subscription to up to 40 cars if demand comes in. I will be able to give refunds based on this economy of scale before the safety brief.

If we keep to our 6 td @ 40 cars each, and demand reduces, then i may have to up the track fees to rebuild the reserves. Our reserves are currently enough to pay for 3/4 of a track day, not counting our rolling deposit.

food for thought.. comments?

come 2 june, I will seek to book some dates for 2013 at the sepang office already. I shall default at 4 dates, for prudence, if we dont get any feedback from this post.

5 is good...

This year's 6 dates looks good -- more flexibility. Don't mind paying a bit more for that.

OK guys, thanks for the replies. Anymore feedback? Coz a consolidation of the above feedback means.....................

i think 6 trackdays are just right. but i noticed the last 2 were a bit light on numbers so maybe a compromise at 5?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back