Newbie question on which coolant and engine oil to buy for E60

pklow

Hi,

Can anyone advise if i need to buy any specific engine oil and coolant to topup for my 05 E60 ?
Or any petrol kiosk will do ?
I am not too particular about brand as long as it doesnt cause my car to break down.

For coolant, do I need to buy those "special" blue coolant ? Most of the petrol kiosk ones are green in colour.

For engine oil, the previous owner was using BMW brand 5W40 or something like that. Do I have to go back PML to buy ? or any of the petrol kiosk brands will do as long as it is 5W40 ?

Thank you very much for your advices in advance.

Re: Newbie question on which coolant and engine oil to buy for E60

For coolant, you need to be careful as BMW use coolant mix with water. Pls use distillated water for mixing.

As for engine oil, you can check your car manual. It will indicate the type of oil can be use. Those engine oil which did not indicated BMW oil, you can check its ACEA, so long it tally, it should be fine.

Best is to check with site sponsor workshop.

Cheers

engine should not mix because weights could be different. BMW coolant and distilled water is best. Other coolant may have high phosphoros content.

Coolant if need to top up, I use tap water or mineral water. There should be recommended ones but I guess I am lazy. =P

You should use dispelled water mineral or tap water will damage the radiator eventually

bmw oem coolant is good enough
no need stylo milo kopi-o coolant with designer name

wt_know;914462 said:
bmw oem coolant is good enough
no need stylo milo kopi-o coolant with designer name

can you enlighten me what is a bmw oem coolant ?? where can I get it ?
how about engine oil ? any 5w40 will do ?

thanks !

Buywellsellwell;914459 said:
Why not just go to a trusted workshop n ask them to settle for u? At least u get a peace Of mind... Cheers =)

guess i have to learn to fish ... i cant be going to workshop every other month to do this ... i will be broke :D

Go to these guys at mxtrading (google the address)the mobile 1 oil there is the cheapest so far and is rated by bmw. Call them up and check first for availability they will tell you how much your car needs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jilisfyi
Back