New Zealand self drive tour

ckmin

Dudes, any tips or recommendations to drive from north island to south island of Nea Zealand in Aug 2013?
Please fast forward your helps to me here, ok ??
Cheers cheers cheers :D

Re: New Zealand self drive tour

use this driving route planner
idiot proof and easy to follow to cover the must see and must go itineary
just select north or south island and how many days of driving plan
you can also start from north to south or vice versa provided your return flight is ok

Driving Routes > New Zealand

Last edited by a moderator:

You will need at least 2 weeks just for South Island alone! (I went last Nov/Dec)

Drive to Milford Sound is absolutely stunning (take the Mitre Peak Cruise small boat that departs at 10am for the cruise = it goes closer to the seals....), and the drive from Franz Josef to Queenstown should not be missed. Drive the Southern Scenic Route if you have enough time. Got to go Kaikoura too (try Green Dolphin Restuarant! So good we went twice!)

volvobrick;1024597 said:
You will need at least 2 weeks just for South Island alone! (I went last Nov/Dec)

Drive to Milford Sound is absolutely stunning (take the Mitre Peak Cruise small boat that departs at 10am for the cruise = it goes closer to the seals....), and the drive from Franz Josef to Queenstown should not be missed. Drive the Southern Scenic Route if you have enough time. Got to go Kaikoura too (try Green Dolphin Restuarant! So good we went twice!)

i did all that ... simply awesome !

wt_know;1024600 said:
i did all that ... simply awesome !
Bo jio..........

ckmin, if you have a co-driver its the best. Can rest and admire scenery, or else very tired to have to keep driving.

benji ben;1024617 said:
jio liao you will go meh?
Mai OT. Admin please give yellow card....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
777kingcc
Back