New F30er reporting in.

Re: New F30er reporting in.

This 328 really good ride. And now I truly understand the feeling of C200/300/63 owners when I drive C180 last time...
saw at least 3 316 zipping around these 2 days....

nokia27149;985440 said:
This 328 really good ride. And now I truly understand the feeling of C200/300/63 owners when I drive C180 last time...
saw at least 3 316 zipping around these 2 days....

Bro, congrats on your new bimmer!
Just collected yesterday?

Sounds a bit gong on my part but can some bros share how to pull up your wipers when you are washing your car, esp the windscreen?
I hv no probm with all my rides in the past but tis F30 ones are blocked by the bonnet

Ah yang;985302 said:
Bro,y nt 19inch? Most ah beng here put 19inch n plus lower ride wil make ur ride look longer n bigger. Haiz. No time do mine
Bro, 19" is out for 316i also. The power loss cannot justify. :)

skyc;986076 said:
Bro, 19" is out for 316i also. The power loss cannot justify. :)

unmean power loss? i thought of going for 19" as now in the marketsbits hard to get 18"..

joengss11;986415 said:
unmean power loss? i thought of going for 19" as now in the marketsbits hard to get 18"..
Ya bro, sure power loss compared to 32x. 18" good enough for 316. But then if you are not a performance guy, can go for 19" :p

skyc;986431 said:
Ya bro, sure power loss compared to 32x. 18" good enough for 316. But then if you are not a performance guy, can go for 19" :p
Actually, how much is the performance diff between 18" and 19"? Just curious, I know one is optimal but not sure if the diff is significant....

Last edited by a moderator:

C3P0;986437 said:
Actually, how much is the performance diff between 18" and 19"? Just curious, I know one is optimal but not sure if the diff is significant....
For F30 320i and 328i probably will not have much diff but F30 316i ... abit "chuan4" (Hokkien) leh. Pickup sure sluggish.

Ah yang;986438 said:
My fren is a no performance guy also. Bt juz go 4 the look. Bmw=ultimate driving machine.
Just for look is damn chio already. Haha. :)

skyc;987894 said:
For F30 320i and 328i probably will not have much diff but F30 316i ... abit "chuan4" (Hokkien) leh. Pickup sure sluggish.

Also depends on what rims and tyres you going for. The 316 stock 17" rims/RFTs are also pretty heavy as well.

skyc;987894 said:
Disagree.

It depends on whether unsprung weight has been reduced or not. If the rim+tyre is heavier than stock, it will be sluggish. If not, there is no diff.

Anyway, who cares whether 316 sluggish or not, as long as it is BMW, definitely chio one.

davidtch;987990 said:
Disagree.

It depends on whether unsprung weight has been reduced or not. If the rim+tyre is heavier than stock, it will be sluggish. If not, there is no diff.

Anyway, who cares whether 316 sluggish or not, as long as it is BMW, definitely chio one.
Yes yes bro, agreed on the weight. :)

Just a sharing.:)
I am a person who would strike a balance of beauty and performance to the best possible ... haha but that is just me. Thus i would factor in the increase in circumference of the rims/tyres & tyre profile (staggered or non-staggered). Probably i am in sales, i need to travel frequently on the road, cannot tahan sluggish la. ;)

No right or wrong theory on whether 18" or 19" is optimal but depends on individual's preference and lifestyle! :dance:

AND YES AS LONG AS IT IS BMW, DEFINITELY CHIO ONE. :cool:

Luboil;985939 said:
Sounds a bit gong on my part but can some bros share how to pull up your wipers when you are washing your car, esp the windscreen?
I hv no probm with all my rides in the past but tis F30 ones are blocked by the bonnet
Fold-out position of the wipers - Washer/wiper system - Driving - Controls - BMW X3 iDrive Owners Manual - BMW X3 | BMWManuals.org

Can any bros here share your personal experience with this? The F10 wipers also like that right?
Followed the instructions but after ignition off, the wipers cannot moved no matter how long I pressed on the wiper lever.

Back