My recent 40K servcing

supernova

Recently went to Alexandra road for my 40K servicing; “Vehicle Check” and “Engine Oil” flagged for service.

car brought new, < 3 years.

On registration in the morning 9am, I specifically requested for the battery to be checked and should there be any fault code relating to battery from OBD scan to be reported.

On collection the same day when car is ready only past 6pm, I was told that there were no fault codes detected.

I asked the SA again if this is indeed the case and SA pointed me to the service report for confirmation.

I told SA that I had the car scanned before coming here that fault code “S0398-Power management, battery condition: Battery faulty or worn out” was flagged at recent mileage (a week ago only). No codes were deleted after the scan before coming for the 40K servicing.

I asked SA if there are indeed no fault codes at all, does this mean that after sending the car in, all fault codes were deleted that’s why none now? Is there an integrity or ethnical or procedure issue?

SA asked why did I not point out the code “S0398” to be checked in the first place during registration in the morning.

I asked SA is it now that I am to blame instead … (WTF)

SA suggest to send the car upstairs to get it scanned to confirm my claim.

I waited for another ½ hour approx.

SA came back to say indeed the fault code S0398 is there, but also showed a photo of a printed receipt of battery test showing ok the voltage and health status.

I asked why I was told that no fault code relating to battery detected in the first place, and likewise the service report.

(I had specifically requested this to be checked upon registration)

SA told me the following, not in order due to my memory; (I should have turn on my phone's voice recorder …)

• OBD scan not normally done. (WTF, if not done at 40K vehicle check, then until when?)
  • Past fault codes which are ‘far away from last servicing’ are deleted (WTF, I was told be OBD scan not normally done)
  • Only recent fault codes, if any, ‘will be surfaced’ so now can see the code S0398 (WTF …..)

I then request for a report of fault codes from the OBD scan result to be given to me, and was told by SA that this cannot be provided.

(the car is mine, the info is from my car, why can’t I have the info, what’s there to hide; WTF)

I was suggested by SA to changed battery.

Given the battery report showing ok but the root cause not known for S0398, I decided not to replace the AGM battery which is expected to last longer than current, but to monitor a while more if the same fault code comes up again .. hopefully not.

This is sad case but what's new?
You can tell them please don't wash your car, end up they will still wash it when you collect the car with additional scratches and swirled marks ....

As usual , it's normal always for them .. Being hearing all these nonsense for so many years but I still buy BMW from them till now , I hate myself ...

PML sux lah. Have you ever seen any good post about their services? Why buy from them?

i am wondering.. is there any way or wat r the way to give feedback about the SA.. ??
It will be covered up before it even reach management. If not,how you think such incompetent can last so long in the company?

Sent from my E2353 using Tapatalk

Nowadays, after you give feedback and nothing improve, you have to go to social media, e.g. their FB page, etc and provide the feedback. There is no way for them to cover up. The public is able to view the posting and judge for themselves. However, you may not wish to put names to shame SA or Mechanic, until PML contacted you and ask for it.

Nowadays, after you give feedback and nothing improve, you have to go to social media, e.g. their FB page, etc and provide the feedback. There is no way for them to cover up. The public is able to view the posting and judge for themselves. However, you may not wish to put names to shame SA or Mechanic, until PML contacted you and ask for it.
They can delete the fb comment.

Sent from my E2353 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bet9club
Back