My E60 (Blacky Sunny) Love and Mod Journal

Buywellsellwell

I know it looks weird but I really love the words "Slide to unlock"

As it's my first year anniversary with My E60 today, I decided to do a mod diary for fun as well as to share with others the love process between us.

***Caution***

***I am not a good photographer neither am I good with IT. Just wanna try out a Mod diary so please do not laugh at me and I hope it doesn't irritate nor annoy those brothers who are professionals and have really nice mod journeys written.***

It's been a crazy year of modding and it's great to make so many buddies while modifying my ride. Ever heard from many people saying that E60 is past history and I should just get a F10 or E250 instead but my personal preference is to get a car that I like and mod it all the way I want, (Was inspired by a white yam5 in fact) thus I decided to get a E60 and beef it up, perhaps will sell it off once I am sick of it (hopefully not)

First of all.... It's time to say good bye to my ex Love (Lexus GS300 MR)
Served me well for great 3 years....

1) First up, I went to TOP93 to find our good brother Ah Yang...Had a tough time choosing between taiwan T108 vs VMR 710..Eventually decided to get the T108...

[/URL

2) Went to tint my car (forgotten to take picture)

3) Went to do up my license plate into the 3D effect kind (no pictures too)

4) Changed my car mat as well as get a boot mat...

5) Changed my Angel eye to the white ones (something that I have always like about BMW)

6) Was not around when I installed my M5 bodykit and ACS roof lip thus here is the only photo I had. My Blacky Sunny with plaster all over...

7) Installed a replica M5 side mirror with auto folding and puddle light...

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/22/mymoddiary2.jpg/]

8) Decided to install the M5 side fender grille...

9) Changed my side marker to Chrome lining and smoked LED one....

10) Always wanted to do up quad exhaust but I decided to try out the looks by changing into quad tips first...

11) Took out the stock tail lights to replace replica LED tail light instead...

12) Couldn't hold out anymore and eventually decided to get a Remus Quads Exhaust...

I have never ever thought of getting a aftermarket exhaust but eventually gave in and decided to make my quads alive. Really love the sound of it! Roar!!!

13) Now it's time to lower the ride. Bought a set of Eibach springs and wanted to pair it up with Koni FSD but decided to go for a coilover instead (end up having to sell the springs away). First time trying out a coilover and the result is sweeter handling and stability (at least that's what I felt), helps alot in cornering.

14) Been trying to psycho myself to accept the wooden trimmings inside the car but I couldn't hold out again... sigh...
So stripping begins!!!

Out you go!!!

Welcoming the new trims! (decided to go for gun metal grey)

Fitted nicely...Heee...Happiness...Love the way it blends with my brown and black interior...

Decided to go for a M5 conversion thus...

15) M5 Steering wheel with paddle shifter (totally love the grip of the steering...You gotta Feel it to understand it)

16) M5 gear knob (this item is really a must have and it made shifting gears so much easier... Sweet...)

17) M5 gear knob console...

Made all the buttons come alive (lights only, not all the functions)

Love the fact that one push on the "power" button converts the gear into speed mode and ready to shift!!!
(the fact is....... I seldom use it though...too lazy to use the paddle shift... I am sadly a slave to aesthetic mods...Haha)

The lovely side view...

Front view...

The ///M virus is not over yet...

18) Decided to go for a set of ///M aluminum pedals (love the look as well... As mentioned, slave to aesthetics... Sigh)

Here's a look of the done up interiors!!!

19) Not to forget... the ///M door sills...

20) Bought a pair of Gloss black kidney grilles...

21) The all time favorite... ///M tri colour *run faster* stripes...All thanks to buddy Morganlee3377 a.k.a LQY

I was actually the first guinea pig... turns out to be a masterpiece...Sweet...

22) Went for some crazy HID both the head light and the fogs (which i gave to another buddy here eventually)

23) Changed the rear license plate light to the crazy LED kind...

24) FREE MA license plate holder!!!

25) Got myself an AFE CAI open pod air filter...

(the roar together with the Remus Quad exhaust spells ROAR!!!... still an E60 though...)

26) Yep and the MUST DO BMS powerbox...

Here's a spot the difference game...

Front view...

Side view 1...

Side view 2...

Rear view...

Random shots at unique locations...

Not to forget about supporting Munich Automobiles (thanks for the interesting National Day experience...)

Decided to put a stop to Modding........

To be continued......

[Part 2:

27) Decided to go for the real thing thus I finally bought my original M5 mirror with auto dimming function...

Interesting to see how they do the wiring...

Super love the auto dimming...

Decided to sell off my replica LED tailight and maintain the pre face lift look... But could not stand the look after a day thus Here's another mod!!!

28) Original LED tail light...

Stripping it off...

Here it is... Heee... Didn't know so much about E60 last time thus regretted buying the wrong version... Now I can sleep well... haha...

29) Immediately went to install a protective film over my beloved tail lights and headlights...

30) Decided to de-chrome the window sills (whatever u call it)... Here's a side view of the blacky sunny...

Always love how the M5 mirror look when it's folded up...

Front view... Blacky says Hi...

Part 3)

31) Arrival of the long awaited Big Brake Kits!!!... Sexy yellow... 8/6...

Closer view...

Separate view... Decided on cross drilled and slotted rotors...

325mm vs 380mm (405mm soon......)

320mm vs 356mm

watch out for your head bro!!!

sorry for inferior photography skills...

totally love the look and the color...

time for new shoes? .....

32) 20" matt black rims... paired with yokohama advan sport rubber lubber...

Went for very aggressive offset... tyre wears out much much faster (sigh)...

33) went to roll my rear fenders... It happened too fast so no time for pics...

34) time for grooming? Love Meguiar's body lotion for my car...

Front...

Rear...

looks sleepy?...

It just looks too stealth...

Time for brighter shots...

Heee more...

To be continued...

Part 4)

35) Felt sad that my ride do not have AUX-IN, so decided to retrofit a aux in ...

Feels great to be able to listen to music from my iPhone, iPad and bla bla bla ...

36) Got addicted to audio thus decided to go into ICE ICE ICE (In-Car-Entertainment)

Since I am doing ICE, I decided to do a small small art work ... Heee Heee Heeee ...

Let there be light once again ... Testing only...

Decided on a dark background...

Suit on !!! ...

Lights on !!! ...

Turbo on !!! hahaha ... thought it look quite sexy thus I decided to post it (with the red plastic bag).... heee heee ...

Loaded the ICE with ...

37) Audison LRX (4 channel amp)

38) Phoenix Gold (4 channel amp)

39) DLS R4 (4" speaker)

40) Phoenix Gold (6.5")

41) Audison Bit One (awesome sound processor)

42) Full Audison Cables

43) Special Audio Doc RCAs ...

44) Time for some ///M - ing ...

another view ...

a better view of the M5 gear console (item 16 & 17) ...

lights on ...

change view ...

When you have nothing else to mod, mod the key ...

45) Decided to change my key from the ugly (IMO) diamond shaped keys to something that looks better ...

46) Took quite some time before i manage to find a suitable key fob ...

Sweet ...

Bought the E60 without knowing much last time thus got the Key Start model, couldn't sleep well when I have to face the Diamond keys everyday. Yes I am weird. =) ...

Time for some random shots ... iphone 5 camera ... Cheers ...

One ...

Two ...

Three ...

Four ...

Five ...

Six ...

Seven ...

Eight ...

Nine ...

Ten ...

Eleven ...

Twelve ...

Irritated? ... Part 5 gonna be quite ... ... ... ... ... ... till the day I have the courage to post ... Haha

To be continued ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: My E60 (Blacky Sunny) Love and Mod Journal

Wah Jason, nice write up! Nice mods too.

Sart sart E60 ... The GS300 is not bad too

WoW very nicely dress up E60 Bro!

Thank you for uploading these beautiful pictures!

Your Anti Glare Sunshade also very nice...:shakemyb:

Last edited by a moderator:

Buywellsellwell;914196 said:
Thanks bro. Oops I removed it eventually. Haha.

Did MA install it on your car when you went servicing?

That's a whole bunch of mods - The gear lever and boot changes - how much did that cost ?

Nicely done! You must have spent a bomb on these =) hope you are enjoying it each and every trip you take with your sunny! :shakemyb:

unfit;914201 said:
Did MA install it on your car when you went servicing?

It's from the national day event. Join us next time round if they are gonna organize it again?

Red_Bean_Bun;914211 said:
That's a whole bunch of mods - The gear lever and boot changes - how much did that cost ?

Haha let's not mention the pain...

vegadonovan;914222 said:
Nicely done! You must have spent a bomb on these =) hope you are enjoying it each and every trip you take with your sunny! :shakemyb:

thanks bro. So far everything is great.

A follow thru mod ... The flow is fantastic ...it's the kick of getting the mods and seeing it transformed into the dream car you wanted .

Some time I thought wouldn't it be better to get a car which is fully mod? But whats the fun if you can't see it transform into yr dream car.

It's like an archievement ....

Well done ... And keep it up ...

I miss my E60 Yam5

This is what I call dedication....where's the chio chio 20s ??

MTechnic;914257 said:
A follow thru mod ... The flow is fantastic ...it's the kick of getting the mods and seeing it transformed into the dream car you wanted .

Some time I thought wouldn't it be better to get a car which is fully mod? But whats the fun if you can't see it transform into yr dream car.

It's like an archievement ....

Well done ... And keep it up ...

Actually is because I cant find a well maintained yet mod up car... that's why gotta start from scratch... very tiring to visit workshops all the time...but yeah is a pleasure to see it done up... still love to take a few glance at my car after I parked it...

MW;914274 said:
I miss my E60 Yam5

U miss me or the Yam5?

ttoh;914279 said:
This is what I call dedication....where's the chio chio 20s ??

Sigh... why u upgrade so far? one coffee session with u and ur car is gone... haha trying to find a nice pic...

golilok;914294 said:
Wats your next car?

might get a 528i just like yours...heee

Nice!
For the interior penal, where u have it done up at?

tonylee48;914468 said:
I know u did more than these mods....Got part 2?

Yeah........i think u are right bro. His Part 3 and the finale modding coming soon!!! Haha

Back