My 7 years with my e90 - and still smiling

clemgoh

E90 - 2011 - 77,000km
I see many angry posts about the cars but I remain pleased. So to share.

I replace the melting handles after 7 years. Now nice and smooth to touch. Small matter

Transmission small jerk around 60,000km, I replace the GM auto valve seals set. 99 bucks exclude labour, nothing to re program or bang table. Shift very well as I change atf every 40,000km. Make sure the right atf.

Oil leak was the valve cover and oil/water heat exchanger gasket only. Normal issue after 50,000km for BMW.

Pcv hose replaced to Ensure breathing is ok and non blockage which could lead to high oil loss and complaints I see all the time online.

I do Engine Oil Change every 7,000km to Ensure vanos and passages don’t get block by gunk leading to other issuss later.
Replace Vanos selonoids and eccentric shaft sensor too as they get dirty. Clean oil v important.

Replace 4 O2 sensors at 70,000km and maf to make sure the sensors are tip TOP and not lazy in sending signals after being exposed to intake and exhaust gases after 60,000km.

BMWs, These depend on good Clean oil to operate properly and avoid later systemic issues.

Change Coil and plugs too as well as control arms and engine transmission mounts at 50,000km.

Aside from usualbrake pads 40,000 etc. Coolant and brake flush normal stuff every 2 years.

The car is in great shape. And when you push it you know it will perform. Except no turbo. But what a smooth strong drive

.... And still makes me smile.

I have a 2010 E90. Totally agree with you. But my alignment is still goin to teh left. Took to Kenny in AMK but he too cannot fix it. I never ever had an accident and hot a hole but he says that the sub chassis needs to be pulled back in place. It not due to accidient but he said PML can do it. Your advise is appreciated.

I have a 2010 E90. Totally agree with you. But my alignment is still goin to teh left. Took to Kenny in AMK but he too cannot fix it. I never ever had an accident and hot a hole but he says that the sub chassis needs to be pulled back in place. It not due to accidient but he said PML can do it. Your advise is appreciated.

Hi. Suggest you replace your control arms with a new one. And then go alignment.
Consider m3 control arms.

Website They say. ....
Level 1 suspension refresh kit not only addresses the common failure points of the front suspension, but also offers an excellent and popular performance upgrade. Over time the hydraulic bushings found in the front control arms will begin to leak and fail, and the end links and sway bar bushings will allow excess clunking and loss of steering feedback.

This kit offers a performance solution to these issues by offering a complete set of M3 control arms (as well as the headlight leveling rod) that offer upgraded bushings, as well as a set of Meyle HD end links and new sway bar bushings. This kit is sure to tighten your front suspension and offer vastly improved handling and feedback.

This refresh/upgrade can be performed by a competent enthusiast in approximately 1/2 assuming the correct tools are available.

See kit contents tab for a list of included components

Then
Go Try autokenetics For alignment
I have no affiliation

See image attached

Attachments

• D4130604-6897-41DB-8A8F-31AE82B95CDB.png
    D4130604-6897-41DB-8A8F-31AE82B95CDB.png
    249.8 KB · Views: 192
  • F5B44FB4-4ABC-4EB8-8E14-24763785C36D.png
    F5B44FB4-4ABC-4EB8-8E14-24763785C36D.png
    161.6 KB · Views: 185
If all this fails.
Then perhaps it’s your tie rod?
Some adjustment needed?
Or else your rear control arms

Or else sub frame as he says? Pull back? How can you pull back a sub frame? It is where it supposed to be.

This would be a tough one and I can’t say.
Let me know if you resolve this. I am curious.
Cheers and good luck.

Pondering if I should keep it past 10 now.

E90 - 2011 - 77,000km
I see many angry posts about the cars but I remain pleased. So to share.

I replace the melting handles after 7 years. Now nice and smooth to touch. Small matter

Transmission small jerk around 60,000km, I replace the GM auto valve seals set. 99 bucks exclude labour, nothing to re program or bang table. Shift very well as I change atf every 40,000km. Make sure the right atf.

Oil leak was the valve cover and oil/water heat exchanger gasket only. Normal issue after 50,000km for BMW.

Pcv hose replaced to Ensure breathing is ok and non blockage which could lead to high oil loss and complaints I see all the time online.

I do Engine Oil Change every 7,000km to Ensure vanos and passages don’t get block by gunk leading to other issuss later.
Replace Vanos selonoids and eccentric shaft sensor too as they get dirty. Clean oil v important.

Replace 4 O2 sensors at 70,000km and maf to make sure the sensors are tip TOP and not lazy in sending signals after being exposed to intake and exhaust gases after 60,000km.

BMWs, These depend on good Clean oil to operate properly and avoid later systemic issues.

Change Coil and plugs too as well as control arms and engine transmission mounts at 50,000km.

Aside from usualbrake pads 40,000 etc. Coolant and brake flush normal stuff every 2 years.

The car is in great shape. And when you push it you know it will perform. Except no turbo. But what a smooth strong drive

.... And still makes me smile.
Driving 2011 E90 too. Bought in Oct 2016. Oil sump n ATF leakage attended to in May 2017. So far no major issue, but keeping fingers cross reading the many angry posts. I'm still pleased w the car currently.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No oil sump or atf leak so far for me
What’s your mileage ?

I Plan to do my 4th atf change soon at year end around 90,000km add in a new inline atf filter from magnefine.

Gear Shift quality is still great. Must be the rubber seals and rubber sleeve renew I made in the gearbox during my last atf change.

Oil sump gasket will inspect as it should come a time to replace too.
O2 sensors replace w new ones. I plan my maf sensor next too.

Back