Munich Automobiles in limelight (for the wrong reason)

Re: Munich Automobiles in limelight (for the wrong reason)

masschaoz;672446 said:
i got an issue with Munich, What u pple here think??

My car is about to be collect on Sat. Today I discovered that it has missing front PDC which I was previously told it comes with it. Secondly, I just realise its been stored in the warehse since Jan 2011, a very old ex stock, what will u guys do? I'm literally banging table with them already, extremely pissed off

Who is your SE in Munich? I guess there might have been a miscomm during the sales process. As for Jan 2011, I think its pretty normal for models that are not mass market and non bread and butter models. I find it acceptable. Unless you are willing to wait for a few months for special indent.

IMO, these are pretty minor things, unless the colour is not what you ordered, specs like DCT and MT transmission being mixed up, then these are cause for concern.

Other than that, enjoy your new ride. :) Envy cos U r driving my dream car. The M. :)

masschaoz;672446 said:

My car is about to be collect on Sat. Today I discovered that it has missing front PDC which I was previously told it comes with it. Secondly, I just realise its been stored in the warehse since Jan 2011, a very old ex stock, what will u guys do? I'm literally banging table with them already, extremely pissed off

For the price you are paying, absolutely not accpetable. Do not settle for anything less. If they want to sell a first class car at first class price, they'd better offer first class service. Unless of course they have given you some special concession already.

Just my 2 cents.

titanic;672525 said:
For the price you are paying, absolutely not accpetable. Do not settle for anything less. If they want to sell a first class car at first class price, they'd better offer first class service. Unless of course they have given you some special concession already.

Just my 2 cents.

i'm ain't even sure what would be considered special concession.. I realise the issues only like yesterday when i saw my car.. imagine this discovered only upon collection day..

very very disappointed

delrosa81;672505 said:
Who is your SE in Munich? I guess there might have been a miscomm during the sales process. As for Jan 2011, I think its pretty normal for models that are not mass market and non bread and butter models. I find it acceptable. Unless you are willing to wait for a few months for special indent.

IMO, these are pretty minor things, unless the colour is not what you ordered, specs like DCT and MT transmission being mixed up, then these are cause for concern.

Other than that, enjoy your new ride. :) Envy cos U r driving my dream car. The M. :)

i put it this way then its clearer.. earlier on in June they told me only one white coupe... then suddenly this piece appears..

masschaoz;672530 said:
i'm ain't even sure what would be considered special concession.. I realise the issues only like yesterday when i saw my car.. imagine this discovered only upon collection day..

very very disappointed

Think about it this way. If they were to offer you something in exchange for you to accept the car now and appease your anger, what would that be? Whatever that is my friend = special concession.

mine doesnt come with front PDC either...im not conscious of that...not a big issue to me so long behind have can liao..
got from Munich as well..mine's ex stock too..got it last oct

Niva;672537 said:
mine doesnt come with front PDC either...im not conscious of that...not a big issue to me so long behind have can liao..
got from Munich as well..mine's ex stock too..got it last oct

Ya but I requested for it and asked to ensure it comes with it and they confirmed it had it

masschaoz;672531 said:
i put it this way then its clearer.. earlier on in June they told me only one white coupe... then suddenly this piece appears..

Well regarding the PDC issue, I am sure they can retro-fit it here.

Whether you get a January car or a car that will come before October in any year for that matter, you are not being short-changed. BMW M Cars have minor chnages after October in which case they will call it the MY2013 Car. So your car is still essentially a MY2011 Car regardless of whether January or now or in 2 months time. As long as it's before end October - Early November delivery, all cars will be identical. It is only after October if you place an order that they have minor changes and unless even that is important to you, then I guess it's your call mate.

If you have the VIN number by any chance, you might want to check out further details before you pursue anything.

BMW VIN Decoder - By Mitsuhiko Kanekatsu

delrosa81;672359 said:
Indeed there are many interesting viewpoints. IMO, the rationale for not supporting PI cars would be to more fair to ppl who paid more to buy from authorised distributors themselves. Now if you bought a car for $420,000 from an authorised distributor and your fren bought the same model for $340,000 from a PI and he is able to send it into the Authorised distributor for servicing, warranty claims, etc. Then he comes to u and said eh U stupid la, I paid 80,000 cheaper and get the same service.

How would you as the consumer feel? IMO, The stance of the Authorised Distributors is necessary in order to safeguard their customers' interests and to let their customers feel more assured by buying from them.

Everyone loves to make more money, but to make money in the long term, such measures are necessary I guess.

Anyways most authorised distributors refuse touching their PI equivalent cars outright, not even providing an adoption option.

There is however a famous P brand which adopts PI cars for a very small amount and serves them well, so as to win the PI owners over and choose them the next time round. But their market is more niche as compared to others.

I would like to add however that the above is solely my personal opinion and viewpoints. I do not represent any dealership or whatsoever.

+1 on this man!! I really believe they do not service or claim warranties since they pay $80k (from that example) less from PI and will just be downright unfair to those who paid the premium for it

And seems like BMW MY can help as it is an international warranty. If the car breaks down (e.g. Engine failure), it's obvious majority of the people won't send their cars to KL just for repairs (if these people dunno BVO, Boss, etc. :nutkick:).

IMO i WISH that car companies in Singapore can be like Apple, where they restrict the prices and make sure all product prices including custom specs are and should be the same (with Singapore having the tax and everything) where AD and PI prices should not have any difference in price.

I just wish........ :verysad::verysad:

Just wondering do they need such a huge profit margin to run the business locally to sell M cars.

The selling price minus away the basic cost of the car incl COE, is enough to get u another one to two M cars overseas.

These dealers overseas selling M cars overseas make a profit at a fraction of the OMV, and their businesses survive.

But locally, the profit is equivalent to more than the entire OMV of the car. and do they get another cut from the OMV itself?

The 1st 2 years of any BMW car warranty is already covered by BMW Asia.

I'd love to own a AD M car, just that its getting further and further out of reach.

no choice, it's a monopolistic market

Rocky99;672750 said:
Just wondering do they need such a huge profit margin to run the business locally to sell M cars.

The selling price minus away the basic cost of the car incl COE, is enough to get u another one to two M cars overseas.

These dealers overseas selling M cars overseas make a profit at a fraction of the OMV, and their businesses survive.

But locally, the profit is equivalent to more than the entire OMV of the car. and do they get another cut from the OMV itself?

The 1st 2 years of any BMW car warranty is already covered by BMW Asia.

I'd love to own a AD M car, just that its getting further and further out of reach.

BlueSwift;672722 said:
IMO i WISH that car companies in Singapore can be like Apple, where they restrict the prices and make sure all product prices including custom specs are and should be the same (with Singapore having the tax and everything) where AD and PI prices should not have any difference in price.

I just wish........ :verysad::verysad:

+1 for controlled pricing

everybody across the world should be paying the same price for same spec car.
this is excluding taxes, COEs, ARFs, GST etc.

it's hard to compare apple-to-apple pricing excluding taxes, COEs, ARFs, GST etc
in a big market, dealer may be can sell 1-5 ///M per month. in spore may be many months for 1 ///M
so the profit margin must be obscene in order for business to sustain

actually PI can achieve apple-to-apple pricing since they don't have a high overhead cost (ie: million dollar showroom, excessive staff, service centre, warranty claim is backed by low cost insurance premium, etc) and also dealership royalty but they certainly keep a close tab on AD profit margin :lol:

Rocky99;672752 said:
+1 for controlled pricing

everybody across the world should be paying the same price for same spec car.
this is excluding taxes, COEs, ARFs, GST etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

wt_know;672753 said:
it's hard to compare apple-to-apple pricing excluding taxes, COEs, ARFs, GST etc
in a big market, dealer may be can sell 1-5 ///M per month. in spore may be many months for 1 ///M
so the profit margin must be obscene in order for business to sustain

actually PI can achieve apple-to-apple pricing since they don't have a high overhead cost (ie: million dollar showroom, excessive staff, service centre, warranty claim is backed by low cost insurance premium, etc) and also dealership royalty but they certainly keep a close tab on AD profit margin :lol:

Agree with you. This day will never come

Profit margin vs Sales Volume.

Just like COE. Quota cut. COE pricing went up by 40-50k, but PML selling price increase by 70K. I think they raise the margin to make up for the expected drop in sales volume.

If AD lower their pricing, it will eat into PML share. and that will hurt both parties.

Hi bro,

I hope MA & yourself are able to reach a harmony solution to move forward.

If you have collected your ride today, congratulations! In my opinion it is more important to put this episode behind and fully enjoy your new ride. You are the few lucky ones who can afford an ///M :cloud9:

masschaoz;672446 said:

speeddream;672835 said:
Hi bro,

I hope MA & yourself are able to reach a harmony solution to move forward.

If you have collected your ride today, congratulations! In my opinion it is more important to put this episode behind and fully enjoy your new ride. You are the few lucky ones who can afford an ///M :cloud9:

whole lot of miscomm and non-disclosure and monkey business.. i tore off my cheque and storm off without collecting my car...

Imported used cars scrap value is calculated from the FIRST registration date and not the date it is registered in Singapore. I.e. at the end of the 10 year COE run, there is no so called "scrap value". Caveat emptor.

Some imported used cars with genuine low mileage overseas need to have their mileage "tweaked" to show much more prior to being exported from country of origin due to certain reasons I do not understand. When it is in SG, the mileage is adjusted back. Trust and reputation of parallel importer is important. Caveat emptor.

Munich operates a profit business and has fixed overheads to sustain. It is not fair to expect them to undertake warranty for PI cars without a so-called adoption fee.

giving you the benefit of doubt, you did the right thing

there is no reason for you to expect less and accept a substandard delivery for top dollar charges

masschaoz;672854 said:
whole lot of miscomm and non-disclosure and monkey business.. i tore off my cheque and storm off without collecting my car...

Rocky99;672874 said:
then the deposit how?

I don't even care.. Furthermore suppose to collect today.. To some it may seem trivial but expectations given were not met.. Not my se's fault.. It's the management

Back