Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

Munich Automobiles in limelight (for the wrong reason)

Re: Munich Automobiles in limelight (for the wrong reason)

i think the argument is international warranty

many argue here that you don't buy from me, why the fook i want to service you
isn't international warranty means you get service from anywhere internationally?
that's why this angmoh think his NZ ///M can be serviced locally by BMW dealer

btw, i understand and do agree with toto and kenn comment

Last edited by a moderator:

wt_know;672192 said:
i think the argument is international warranty

many argue here that you don't buy from me, why the fook i want to service you
isn't international warranty means you get service from anywhere internationally?
that's why this angmoh think his NZ ///M can be serviced locally by BMW dealer

btw, i understand and do agree with toto and kenn comment

So the 'adoption fee' only used by BMW Singapore ADs??? And BMW KL AD do up his PI-ed ///M... this is funny :thinking: all SEA BMW under BMW Asia what...

no need to go KL la
there is one at JB.
leave your car there then go massage. dash say one

the magazine reply even better...just a general brushing statement without further checks on it

Driver ask iScream quote insurance, and iScream give all quotes.

Driver : "Hey IScream cannot buy car insurance from u thou same insurer but my friend give me $10 less."
iScream : " no problem"
Few week later....
Driver : "iScream can help advice, since is same insurer, my car got into accident..."
iScream : "ask ur friend la, I got more impt clients to help"

iScoupe;672245 said:
Driver ask iScream quote insurance, and iScream give all quotes.

Driver : "Hey IScream cannot buy car insurance from u thou same insurer but my friend give me $10 less."
iScream : " no problem"
Few week later....
Driver : "iScream can help advice, since is same insurer, my car got into accident..."
iScream : "ask ur friend la, I got more impt clients to help"

Very good analogy. Fully agreed.

The problem is we have only one agent/ distributor here. If the agent is not charging ridiculous price, people will not go to PI route. It also depend what are the added value the agent provide/ bring. Having said that certain manufacture require agent/ dealer to perform certain roles that incur higher cost. However, that don't happen in big country like USA, Europe etc with multiple dealer. Lower price is always good for consumers. If servicing and repair don't make money, we wouldn't have Sin Ming auto point.

I get your point but the issue is, overseas, cars are much cheaper than ours. But their labour costs per manhours is very high. Buy cheap, high maintenance costs, ours is buy exp, not so high maintenance costs.

Moreover, the costs of bringing in cars to sell is so much higher. Of cos dealers have to look at higher returns to justify the $$$ being locked down for bringing the cars in first.

They also have costs for the nice showroom and workshop. I know many ppl say aiyah no need so nice, must be cheap can liao. But there will be others who say, I paid $XXX,XXX dollars for this car, service centre no waiting lounge, no aircon, so lousy. KNS! Complain again......

They cant please everyone....end of the day, willing seller, willing buyer. Don like then don buy. Simple as that.

Wow, plenty of interesting comments :)

Putting the evergreen debate of “international warranty” aside…….. (I mean if something failed prematurely, should it be the authorized distributor or manufacturer to hold responsibility? Who is supposed to act on behalf of manufacturer locally?)

For the case of Gareth, I suppose he is not in warranty claim situation but to service his ride, renew wear & tear items, etc. and he did not mention that he is not willing to pay for it.

I support the rational where AD should give priority to their customer or if you like “authorized import” but I recalled reading recent field report from bro MapleLeaf’s experience on service at MA workshop:

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bmw-singapore-motoring-life/23404-pml-regular-servicing-new-bmw-2.html

It seems to be strange that they rather to pass on income opportunity to BMW KL than to lay their hands on PI cars……..

PI cars are not counterfeit goods right?

Last edited by a moderator:

speeddream;672346 said:
Wow, plenty of interesting comments :)

Putting the evergreen debate of “international warranty” aside…….. (I mean if something failed prematurely, should it be the authorized distributor or manufacturer to hold responsibility? Who is supposed to act on behalf of manufacturer locally?)

For the case of Gareth, I suppose he is not in warranty claim situation but to service his ride, renew wear & tear items, etc. and he did not mention that he is not willing to pay for it.

I support the rational where AD should give priority to their customer or if you like “authorized import” but I recalled reading recent field report from bro MapleLeaf’s experience on service at MA workshop:

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/bmw-singapore-motoring-life/23404-pml-regular-servicing-new-bmw-2.html

It seems to be strange that they rather to pass on income opportunity to BMW KL than to lay their hands on PI cars……..

PI cars are not counterfeit goods right?

Indeed there are many interesting viewpoints. IMO, the rationale for not supporting PI cars would be to more fair to ppl who paid more to buy from authorised distributors themselves. Now if you bought a car for $420,000 from an authorised distributor and your fren bought the same model for $340,000 from a PI and he is able to send it into the Authorised distributor for servicing, warranty claims, etc. Then he comes to u and said eh U stupid la, I paid 80,000 cheaper and get the same service.

How would you as the consumer feel? IMO, The stance of the Authorised Distributors is necessary in order to safeguard their customers' interests and to let their customers feel more assured by buying from them.

Everyone loves to make more money, but to make money in the long term, such measures are necessary I guess.

Anyways most authorised distributors refuse touching their PI equivalent cars outright, not even providing an adoption option.

There is however a famous P brand which adopts PI cars for a very small amount and serves them well, so as to win the PI owners over and choose them the next time round. But their market is more niche as compared to others.

I would like to add however that the above is solely my personal opinion and viewpoints. I do not represent any dealership or whatsoever.

speeddream;672361 said:
For the record: I don't own PI car :)

Wasnt saying that you own PI car or whatsoever. I was just speaking in general. :)

I can only say that the ang mo did not know BVO, J4C, KBS, etc. I am sure PI bimmers will have no trouble getting serviced by them. One word. Suay!

pengful;672366 said:
I can only say that the ang mo did not know BVO, J4C, KBS, etc. I am sure PI bimmers will have no trouble getting serviced by them. One word. Suay!

Agreed. Just no aircon, no showroom, no gormet coffee, but hey what's the big deal. Support local shops like J4C, BVO. They rock!

titanic;672371 said:
Agreed. Just no aircon, no showroom, no gormet coffee, but hey what's the big deal. Support local shops like J4C, BVO. They rock!
J4C got 1 air con room above office where u can watch ur car being work on.

i got an issue with Munich, What u pple here think??

My car is about to be collect on Sat. Today I discovered that it has missing front PDC which I was previously told it comes with it. Secondly, I just realise its been stored in the warehse since Jan 2011, a very old ex stock, what will u guys do? I'm literally banging table with them already, extremely pissed off

Wish you luck and hope you be compensated since u are paying top dollars!

Why people says only singaporeans gou kao peh, ang mor also good at complaning wat!

Anyway back to the topic.

The comparision is KL abid for the changes/repair without any fees but not for singapore case. Why is that so! Shouldn't it be a regulation throughout. Then ang mor also boh pian...
As one member here did mention of international warranty.

You buy a branded watch from overseas or not even from the local agent, can repair locally. No?

pengful;672366 said:

coz the ang moh didnt join forum.

yalor .. after joined he can start a mod journey thread and couldn't care less about AD service :lol:

Racebred;672477 said:
coz the ang moh didnt join forum.

ACS CAB3;672453 said:
Wish you luck and hope you be compensated since u are paying top dollars!

Why people says only singaporeans gou kao peh, ang mor also good at complaning wat!

Anyway back to the topic.

The comparision is KL abid for the changes/repair without any fees but not for singapore case. Why is that so! Shouldn't it be a regulation throughout. Then ang mor also boh pian...
As one member here did mention of international warranty.

You buy a branded watch from overseas or not even from the local agent, can repair locally. No?

Watch is different, as long as the warranty is being stamped by an authorised distributor overseas, you can send the watch to be repaired or serviced or even verified to be authentic. But I only know for watche brands under the Richemont arm like Panerai, IWC, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tylekeoocom
Back