Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

Muffler Delete

ken46

Hi guys,
I was wondering whether anyone have try this method where by removing the rear stock muffler and replace it with just normal 2.5" or 2.25" pipe and end it with some nice muffler tips. I believe some bassy sound can be obtain. However, how are the perfomance? Does it feel obvious lost of power at mid-end and high-end?
Anyone comment are appreciated!
:woottt::woottt:

Re: Muffler Delete

ken46;580685 said:
Hi guys,
I was wondering whether anyone have try this method where by removing the rear stock muffler and replace it with just normal 2.5" or 2.25" pipe and end it with some nice muffler tips. I believe some bassy sound can be obtain. However, how are the perfomance? Does it feel obvious lost of power at mid-end and high-end?
Anyone comment are appreciated!
:woottt::woottt:

From what I know, it's going to be:

i) Really loud
ii) Illegal.

So the next time a TP bike pulls up next to you, your life might get interesting.

Sounds great. Did it on my ex-325 and the sound mod is much better than any of the exhaust option out there, imho. Sounds great in Ah Man's opinion as well. (Man Exhaust). You could try it, the process is reversible, just need to spend a few hours in the workshops.

Depending on the engine you are running. If 335i, might benefit from free flowing exhaust once the twin turbos spool up. If 318, 320, better not do coz it'll drone like crazy and yet lose low end. Removing mufflers will definitely result in louder exhaust. It's one of the cheapest way to get a loud sounding ride but it'll definitely catch the attention of TP. Whatever you do, keep the stock muffler coz you're going to need it when you get pulled over.

did it on my e92 325i. No issues when I drove pass TP(maybe I'm lucky) . It is really loud and nice, sounds like a supercar for some reason.

PROS :
Sexy exhaust note, better than any other aftermarket exhausts u can find out there
Attention Seeking (Backfires when you release your foot at high revs)
Cheap mod, $200 at man exhaust
High-end Gain

CONS:
Illegal
Low End loss (terrible for city driving, you gotta punch down on that accelerator)
Bad Drone between 1,500 - 2,500 rpm. (wasn't an issue for me because my audio volume is usually high.

All-in-all, I like it.... if you hate the power loss and drone, u can always revert it back below $100.

cheers

Sometimes, in fact, most times it all depends on luck if you will get into trouble with the boys in white. I had race headers, no cats, no resonators and eisenmann race on my e64, drove it for 4.5 years and no issues, might also be due to the fact that the usage of the car was low so not much exposure to risk.

End of the day, life is short. If you want to play, you must bear...errmm...embrace the risk. Yes, EMBRACE is the word.

ACS6 said:
Sometimes, in fact, most times it all depends on luck if you will get into trouble with the boys in white. I had race headers, no cats, no resonators and eisenmann race on my e64, drove it for 4.5 years and no issues, might also be due to the fact that the usage of the car was low so not much exposure to risk.
I am quoting this and will pow toh you to the relevant authorities. Please SMS me for Malaysian style settlement. Thank you.

ACS6 said:
End of the day, life is short. If you want to play, you must bear...errmm...embrace the risk. Yes, EMBRACE is the word.
Yes, agree, but I always wear rubber !!!!

Wow...thanks for all the comments..Really appreciated it. Mine is an E46 sedan 325i..Shld work fine with it. Was quoted 600+ in Malaysia ringgit last time when i drove in as my relatives told me everything is cheaper in msia..Doesn't seem to be..LOL
TP not a problem for me as my exposure should count as minimum also.(Weekend car)

Thinking of doing a quad exhaust since blockage of muffler box is not an issue anymore due to the spare tyre.
Other than Man exhaust.. Any other recommended shop that i can make a trip to?
Thanks guys..!

Back