MME 2004

C708 said:
bmwm1 said:
Would be nice if anyone could put up the pics or video clip of the event.

Sorry, no video clip of the event cos couldnt get a proper shot though was at the pit side........the Murcielago was bulllying everyone but eventually died from a broken axle........driving too hard......h=they were 20 laps ahead when retired.......

results.........http://www.malaysiangp.com.my/motorsports/mme/results/04_Race.pdf

:thumbsup:

Pics please! :wavey:

Yeah G Hashimoto spoke of great plans in pre-MME2004 interviews, but like they say.. "To finish first, first you have to finish." esp so in endurance racing. Anyway, hope they do much better at the 24 hours of Le Mans in 2005. It will be great to see a team from this part of the world do well. Sad fact is that it is unlikely though.

ryan said:
Hmm, just in case anyone was interested.

Last's years MME is located here.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=141

Blast from the past eh Shaun? Time can really fly so fast... too bad this year we can't make it. :verysad:

Good times.. good times :) How things change. It is all for the better though - long term. The horizon is heavy with possibility!

Cheers bro

(I was wondering why you, liang, erik, didn't all cruise up there in your limo and then let liang loose with his camera while you do the video :p)

Shaun said:
ryan said:
Hmm, just in case anyone was interested.

Last's years MME is located here.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=141

Blast from the past eh Shaun? Time can really fly so fast... too bad this year we can't make it. :verysad:

Good times.. good times :) How things change. It is all for the better though - long term. The horizon is heavy with possibility!

Cheers bro

(I was wondering why you, liang, erik, didn't all cruise up there in your limo and then let liang loose with his camera while you do the video :p)
Nobody initiated, lack of $$$ and time. :evil:

Anyway, my race exige wasn't ready yet also. :evil: :evil:

2007 plan still on?

Like you, I realize that some past plans are not so financially wise... as in it would take too large a percentage of personal money to run a competitive racecar. Money that would help out with setting up a future business.

If the car is going to be a promotional tool for a/some business(s) and there are a bunch of old mates that chip in financially, then I will gladly build the engine, help with tuning and data acq/setup, be part of the crew, as well as fund the majority of it.

To be honest I think the money (for class A or lower) is the lesser of worries. A complete crew that is dedicated to the effort will be hard to assemble. The human factor... tough. There are 7 good friends off the top of my head that I can think of. That's slightly short of a full crew I believe.

Hi Guys,

The Singaporeans really did very well in the race, especially the japan prepared STi, damn nice car, finished 6th overall and 5th in class. Dennis also did very well in the Exige, finishing in front of the STi at 5th overall and 4th in class! Well done guys! Hope to see more of you guys in the race! :D

Regards,
Shedden

sweet pictures! EJ used to post on the old BMWsg forums on Delphi. Wonder where he's disappeared to :)

What were weather conditions like through the 12 hours? Did it ever rain and when?

Back