Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

Might be buying a BMW 120i Coupe

alvinzzz

Hi All,

I would like to seek advise on common problems for BMW 120i Coupe as I understand that there is frequent issues that pops up quite frequently.

Not sure if there is any significant problem that will burn the pocket deep... ie: gearbox issues, engine issues, etc.

Appreciate if any owner can guide me through.

Thank you in advance.

Every car is individual.

Some got problem some don't have.

Generally gearbox is ok. For me, it's mostly radiator and aircon issue.

Unless u have full service records, else I think hard to determine.
Go for a test drive n see if anything unusual, send to a reliable workshop n check after u tested it?
I bought mine without even a test drive lol

Thank you for both of your response.

I test drive it and seems pretty normal except that its kinda lag when full throttle or sudden increase in throttle pressure... it takes probably like a sec before it speed up. Aint sure if because its auto as I am driving a manual car.

I am sending it to workshop and do a check. Hopefully, there aint any significant issues.

If ur ride was a manual and a cable throttle then it definitely response better.
Ethrottle will have slight lag and of course the auto gearbox torque loss during shift...
Unless u go for the newer 8 speed

For your model, I am not very sure.

I use powerbox for my E60.

There's a lot of after market throttle response, see which one suits your model

hi everybody.. I juz bought a 120i coupe.. the ride is nice.. but from 0-20km/hr , I find the acceleration like dragging.. after that the drive is very smooth.. I juz drive the car for 2 days only.. is this normal? last time I use to drive a Honda, the car is lighter.. is it tat I'm not used to it? or conti car is like that?

hi everybody.. I juz bought a 120i coupe.. the ride is nice.. but from 0-20km/hr , I find the acceleration like dragging.. after that the drive is very smooth.. I juz drive the car for 2 days only.. is this normal? last time I use to drive a Honda, the car is lighter.. is it tat I'm not used to it? or conti car is like that?

Positive.......

* 120i acceleration slightly slower
( not all Conti are like that, higher cc Conti are better )
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Sprint Booster, Pedalbox are some of the great products out there

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TechNinja24
Back