Metal Grining sound from the rear when depressing brake!

Tommy Tan

Hi! I am current driving a 2003 E46. Recently, i noticed that when i depress the brake, there is a very audible metal grinding sound coming from the rear tyres. However, it is intermitten. PML said it could be due to too much brake dust accumulation & advice me to go for the brake servcing which cost abt $190+. Anybody face similar situation? Can advice how or where to fix this at a more economical price? Thanks! Tommy

Re: Metal Grining sound from the rear when depressing brake!

time to change brake pads.. brake pads wear off.. and its the metal rotors rubbing against the worn off brake pads... do it quick or the rotors will have to replaced instead of just the pads...

morphisis
It doesnt mean brake pads worn off la... there are some pads after some time tend to be a bit squeeky at times, IF the pads were to eat into the rotors the brake pad signal would have lighted up b4 anything else, so it shows that Tommy has still more than enough for daily usage and would not have to worry abt the pads eating into the rotors.. :roll:

Tommy,
You can try doing a few hard brakes.. see if that works... or you could just drop by BVO, they have this "cream" i see they apply everytime they change my pads or rotors, it's suppose to prevent the squeeky-ness, check with them if you're able to get them to apply it for you or it's only applicable for new rotors and pads. :)

Shaaz

drop by BVO and screw PML.... PML will always cheat ur money and they dont know shit.... come BVO...they will help u..

i see.. now i know.. the last time i heard metal grinding from my brakes, by the time i went to J4C, i must change all the brakes on 4 wheels...

Again.. it's all depending.. maybe they sed it's already more than half gone and they prolly suggested that u change ur pads. But usually rule of thumb is that unless ur brake pad sensors are lighted up, u dun have to worry bout ur rotors eating up.

it's also based on the compound of the pads... and also they way one uses it.

shaaz.

hmmmm... how come mine never show up the brake bad warning beacon thing.... is it my car dun have? damn....

ALL BMWs come with it.. just use the brake pads till the sensors touches the rotors.

P/S: i don't think it's called a beacon .... it's just a sensor...

i got some sound from front, same thing they say pad nee change.
fine, i changed it, still same :-S
ask me do some run-in !!! seow bo!!!
damm....dunno do wat now. where so free diam go PML :-s

i trust BVO ah wee for this brake thing. no other workshops i trust and definitely no PML.
for me, i got used to the sound now. dont really care about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back