Membership Has Its Privileges

Re: Membership Has Its Privileges

Go KPO valet.
BMWs are used as traffic barriers along the road.

I'm not sure why, but there are some people really perceive big conti brands as 'more up'.
When I drive a BMW into a number of condos around SG, the security peeps either never stop me and happily wave me in instantly, or at most ask me which unit I'm visiting in a very polite way.

In contrast, when I go to the same places in a Subaru, with the exception of a small number of guards who I am familiar with, I will always definitely get stopped and made to stop, submit my IC, fill in the visitor form and be curtly reminded that I can only park in the visitor lots.

Does this 'high' conti perception still holds if we turn things abit?

Would the guards and attendants pay more attention to you when you drive a E60 or E46 vs a F10 or E90? I find it hard to believe that some souls will still think E46/E60 is more atas than a R35 GTR or Lexus ISF.

I think it is the COE thing. People translates newer models into more desirable goods, hence the respect. If it is a conti new model, then more respect seems to be awarded to the driver.

It is tricky how brain and perception work.

perhaps this cud be the reason for my nose in the air neighbours suddenly being frenly to me after snubbing me and my visiting family when we greet them... first question out of their mouth literally was, "how much you paid for your car ah?" knn.

Meek;922344 said:
perhaps this cud be the reason for my nose in the air neighbours suddenly being frenly to me after snubbing me and my visiting family when we greet them... first question out of their mouth literally was, "how much you paid for your car ah?" knn.

Tell them "MORE THAN YOUR HOUSE"

DrK;922318 said:
Does this 'high' conti perception still holds if we turn things abit?

Would the guards and attendants pay more attention to you when you drive a E60 or E46 vs a F10 or E90? I find it hard to believe that some souls will still think E46/E60 is more atas than a R35 GTR or Lexus ISF.

I think it is the COE thing. People translates newer models into more desirable goods, hence the respect. If it is a conti new model, then more respect seems to be awarded to the driver.

It is tricky how brain and perception work.
Same sentiments but those who knows about rides well enough (no need in depth knowledge), will know R35 GTR or Lexus ISF is more atas than E46/E60.

IMO, perception is also dependent on how much a person knows.

GTR for me anytime...

same goes to convertible rides are usually considered more atas...

Last edited by a moderator:

GTR or Maser quattro? Genuine question. I admit that I'm struggling to balance perception of badge vs performance when come to non-BMW and non-merc.

Assuming both are at the same cost.

Meek;922344 said:
Can say not much because do not wish to take loan? Hehe

In sg context, merc and bmw are branded. Then followed by size of the car.

So drive a 2nd hand S class or 7 series will still gain more privileges than a more expensive brand new 3 series for eg. :lol:

ccc;922440 said:
In sg context, merc and bmw are branded. Then followed by size of the car.

So drive a 2nd hand S class or 7 series will still gain more privileges than a more expensive brand new 3 series for eg. :lol:

wot more new 7 silly and new GCB oso. no names named. we all know.

DrK;922435 said:
GTR or Maser quattro? Genuine question. I admit that I'm struggling to balance perception of badge vs performance when come to non-BMW and non-merc.

Assuming both are at the same cost.
Same sentiments too. Will have to get over the Badge & Performance barrier between those 2. If raw performance is e ultimate pick, likely e GTR, if prestige or even engine e sound of an italian engine, likely Maserati... have to admit, not easy.

Baby1M;922521 said:
Same sentiments too. Will have to get over the Badge & Performance barrier between those 2. If raw performance is e ultimate pick, likely e GTR, if prestige or even engine e sound of an italian engine, likely Maserati... have to admit, not easy.

But for purposes of "membership has it privileges," forget about what GTR or sound of italian engine. Just the emblem gets you admission - and that's all that matters for this purpose. It's like you are a RI or ACS student, you are a atas student, nvm you are last in class.

M-Kit or M-Replica are the same. M-5 or Yam-5 are the same.

Roooooooooooooooofless Rocks....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;922533 said:
Roooooooooooooooofless Rocks....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

I agree. Lambo spyder or ferrari spyder kills all at valet. BMW 7 series can go park themselves by roadside.

Does it matters if is PI or AD?
cos I recalled a advertisement saying buying PI car is like second class..

ckbmwe60;922543 said:

dun mind being labelled 2nd class for minimum 50k savings... pocket cash is more realistic than having car plate holder bearing AD's name...

Last edited by a moderator:

ckbmwe60;922543 said:

but if AD but rims replica???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Centurion9990;922546 said:
dun mind being labelled 2nd class for minimum 50k savings... pocket cash is more realistic than having car plate holder bearing AD's name...

Can buy my MA car plate holder. Then I go MA for another set. Like that you no need pay adoption fees.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88comcom1
Back