Matt black Sticker Wrapping (my 10 cents)

Orh LuLu

Legendary 10 Years
ok, in one of the thread, some bros brought up about the pro and cons of wrapping whole car with Matt black sticker... since i have just did it to my crossroad lately, i would like to share my 10 cents after 2 weeks having it.

those that are seriously considering to have it done, be ready to leave your ride for solid 1 week. Some said 4 days can liao. According to my installer they took more time cos they dun joint 2 stickers in 1 area / panel, they will do it whole pce without joining which takes longer time. most owners do not wish to see joint lines.

If you are oso wrapping the door handles like me, be ready to dismantle the inside door panel out so they can remove the handles. They can do it without removing the door handles and do it but there will be joint lines.

During the 4th day of installation, my ride was about 80% done. my first impression was.. hmmmmm.. nice but very bare. Its like Army car ready for some mission, oni thing missing is a MID number plate. I tell myself that once done with different tuner logo stickers in, it should bring out the shine of the car. Thank god i am right. The sticker logos on the matt black wrap did makes a huge diff and look diff overall. Heng ahh!! So choosing what logos to put on your wrap oso important lorh. colours on logos oso important.

so the big question is : Is Full Wrapping easy to maintain??

My answer is : YES YES YES!!!

Simple, if the car is dirty, drench the whole car wet, make sure all dirt and possible sand particles are gotten rid from the sticker, use a normal cheap micro fibre cloth and wipe dry. thats it. Easy. All finger prints are removed. and the best thing is just 1 wipe and its dry. Normal paint work need at least few wipes. and if there are still water droplets on the body, it will dry amazing fast without leaving any water marks.
Last week i visited our dear friend Juzz brilliant and ask them to wash, Edwin was amaze how easy it was to wash and dry my car on warp. The water flow damn smooth machiam got 1 layer of protection liddat.. He oso realise that can use detailer to clean the stickers and shines it! haha. cool.

once a while i find some finger prints here and there, i would just use cloth to wipe it off... as long as the sticker is free from sand particles, how hard i wipe oso no scratches, swee swee!

My wrap still got alot of bubbles.. waiting for a good sun tan liao than go back to rectify.

Orh lulu still...... Kam sia and Huat Ahh!!

forgot .. here is a pix of "Mission Possible's car".... huat again ahh!!

mumbirthdayandetc043.jpg

Re: Matt black Sticker Wrapping (my 10 cents)

nice write up. now MW can go wrap his pisang

totoseow;395695 said:

Once he wrap liao i ask a foo buy detalier to shine it. Zaino Z6 not bad for shines and smells good goody good oso.

good to know.

thanks dude!

edlms;395697 said:
good info...
cheers

jinooi;395699 said:
good to know.

thanks dude!

No problemo...

1 more big question : after 1 year, will the matt black fade?..... honestly i oso dun noe. Worst is if 1 panel need to change due to someone scratched it, and when replace new pc which is damn new and old one fade colour,..... Jia lat.. hahahahaha.." Ai heong sui tio aai Jiapp siu"...

by than, matt white the car liao. keke

Like the stickers. Blatant. But at least not too big ah..hahaha

Thanks for the info Daniel.

Thx bro...good write up...this is something that ive seen now on gtr's and some others on e road. Looking at the cars that have it on.... honestly i think its quiet super, (i was thinking of doin it to the m3 ..how ?) ...what bug me was the washing part but after spotting some cars i noticed that maybe it was goin to be much easier and less of a hassle. And yr write up confirms it. thx

One big Q - One day if sian, how do u take out this stuff n what u reckon will happen to the existing paint ?

Rastaman..do other color lor..hehe matte black too many around..more then 15 running around already..

Rastaman;395750 said:
One big Q - One day if sian, how do u take out this stuff n what u reckon will happen to the existing paint ?

Bro, seen my installer took some panel off after installation due to big bubble, paintwork beneath still looks new without scratches. Installer mentioned no worries, just tear it off and paint work will still looks new. honestly this is what he says so i hv to trust them since they been ard for long time.

IMO, Worst thing that might happen is the paintwork will be blurish due to the adhesive, nothing a Good Groomer cant solve.:)

Just saw a matt black E60 today, dunno is 5??, but the car looks rrrrrealllly nice!!!

SGR 2 digit plate, someone in this forum??

totoseow;395695 said:

At least I got pisang to wrap. If you go, the installer will say waste money cos nothing to wrap.

Orh LuLu;395698 said:
Once he wrap liao i ask a foo buy detalier to shine it. Zaino Z6 not bad for shines and smells good goody good oso.

Foo uses his saliva to shine it. Anti-bacterial effect. Your car chio, side door also need to put red star sticker

better dun put too many stars. predator drone will shoot u soon.

Thats it... time to save some moola... sian of polishing car liao...

Anyway OLL, ppl scratch 1 side, gotta replace... if key paint also lagi sian... same same la...

benchmarc;396023 said:
Thats it... time to save some moola... sian of polishing car liao...

Anyway OLL, ppl scratch 1 side, gotta replace... if key paint also lagi sian... same same la...

so the question " piant work easier to maintain or Wrap sticker easier to maintain"?, Wrap sticker cfm win hands down IMO.

Good stuff bro...
Your cross road must be very distinguished by now...I will SIAM if I see you!

Thx bro.....now much this cost ??? heard last time fm one GTR owner, pok him 2k+ but the job was damn good !!

TripleM;396030 said:
Good stuff bro...
Your cross road must be very distinguished by now...I will SIAM if I see you!

pak, no need siam lah cos i orhlulu u cant see me one. keke., one thing for sure do catch alot of attention, ppl curious abt the matt black sticker and start touching it like no tmr.. so i hv to clean every now and than. hiaz.

Rastaman;396033 said:
Thx bro.....now much this cost ??? heard last time fm one GTR owner, pok him 2k+ but the job was damn good !!

depends on car size bro, my car bigger so price higher. be ready to pay ard 1.5 - 2 k. talk to Vision workz and see what they can come out for you. I guess the other one would be Gen concept, Honestly did not see their work before. I went for vision workz cos they are more flexible on their timing as they work thru weekends too just to deliver the car and its so near to Juz4car and Juz brilliant... need to dismantle things just go to Juz4car, need a good wash juz go Juz brilliant.. want to find kopi kaki when bored, just walk over to BVO.. hehe.

Rastaman;396033 said:

3k I was told by my colleague who did it. First one ever for the GTR
by GC, not Ground Control

Aaah ok noted .... thx.

Back