Maintenance

AC Boy

Re: Maintenance

JHLim said:
Hello guys ,

Here is a really basic question, "Check Coolant" appears on OBC. Can I change this myself and which brand/type is recommended for E39 (2001 end). Sorry, I never changed anything myself except tires (becoz dont know).

Next question is that my car reaching end of warranty cycle by Dec 2004). What do you guys recommend that I should bring in to PML to change before the warranty expires? What are the expensive items which can be changed to max out the warranty? Gearbox? Compressor? Just want to save costs before the warranty expires. Hope PML doesn't read this....Haha.

Read somewhere here that the gearbox lasts only 150K and mine is reaching 100K mark soon. Wonder if any bros got their gearbox changed and how much?

Thanks guys..
JH, coolant's running low. Just top-up with water. If regular service is done, shd not've that issue as they'll flush-out and top-up coolant as part of the routine servicing.

No, PML'll not change any parts so long parts are in working condition. Let alone wear n tear, we're on our own.

As for gearbox, time to change oil if you've not..for 100k. Touchwood if gearbox goes kaput, price ranges between 3 to 4.5k+ for repair/replacement.

Back