Don't punt me for the above :silenced:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: M3/M4 Horror (Rumour)

On the negative note: No more enjoyment of the 'V-Roar' :(
On the positive note: More 'torque' and 'city drive friendly' :p

Don't punt me for the above :silenced:

Red_Bean_Bun;957318 said:
M always NA .... turbo charging is something to get used to .....
Seems like with the introduction of the limited production 1M, forced induction moves on to the other Ms.

Just one bhp more!

But it'll be turbocharged and there are a few other things they can play with. The current V8 car is rather heavy at almost 1.7 tons and the torque is a bit on the low side.

Red_Bean_Bun;957318 said:
M always NA .... turbo charging is something to get used to .....

Actually the entire M fleet is now turbocharged except for the M3...

bro, actually turbo charging has been part of the M heritage.. BMW was the leader in turbo charging during the most exciting period of F1, in the 80s, when BMW turbo engines dominated the scene.. :D it's crazy how during those days a 1,500cc BMW engine could produce in excess of 1000++hp..

Oilman;957343 said:
Just one bhp more!

But it'll be turbocharged and there are a few other things they can play with. The current V8 car is rather heavy at almost 1.7 tons and the torque is a bit on the low side.

The current M3 is definitely not almost 1.7 ton. Take away the driver and luggage, it's prob a little less than 1.6 ton or around there. Anything less than 450 bhp would be a marketing disaster right from the start never mind the moan from M fans the world over.

chesterchong;957367 said:
bro, actually turbo charging has been part of the M heritage.. BMW was the leader in turbo charging during the most exciting period of F1, in the 80s, when BMW turbo engines dominated the scene.. :D it's crazy how during those days a 1,500cc BMW engine could produce in excess of 1000++hp..

That's in F1 and has no significance on road cars. I am holding my breath on this for now. They better not slap the Active sound crap on the next M3/M4. I can still live with that on the F10 M5, so please leave it as that.

Baby1M;957321 said:
Seems like with the introduction of the limited production 1M, forced induction moves on to the other Ms.

I can accept FI on M cars so long as they bring decent innovation. If the S55 is merely a reworked version of the N55 with twin turbo, i would be disappointed :( I am holding out for this car to replace my M3...

Well, at the end of the day, so long as they slap an M badge to the marque, it'll still sell itself like friggin Aunt Bessie's hotcakes.

Oilman;957343 said:
Just one bhp more!

Oh, I didnt know that. I thgh was only the 1M :thinking:

clar;957393 said:
I can accept FI on M cars so long as they bring decent innovation. If the S55 is merely a reworked version of the N55 with twin turbo, i would be disappointed :( I am holding out for this car to replace my M3...
bro i am super bored with the M cars. Maybe we should switch to other makes which is more interesting ? Onz boi

jasonmaxima;957890 said:
AMG ftw!!!!!
Top gear Jeremy say AMG car will kill the drivers hahha.
And same as M cars it rear wheel drive. It been raining for 5months extremely dangerous to push the car.

since collecting the car , i only drove fast for less than 10times. so boring lolz

We need 4 wheel drive cars. rain or shine just wack!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reeve;957893 said:
Top gear Jeremy say AMG car will kill the drivers hahha.
And same as M cars it rear wheel drive. It been raining for 5months extremely dangerous to push the car.

since collecting the car , i only drove fast for less than 10times. so boring lolz

We need 4 wheel drive cars. rain or shine just wack!!!

Bro, i don't push my cars hard on the streets except for the occasional night drive. AWD only helps you go fast in the straights. I am more into feel. I could use more steering sharpness and feedback in the M5 though. You will get bored easily with any car unless you take them to the track. That's something I will do once the Iskandar track comes up. For straight line bursts, nothing beats heading up North. There will be more policing on our roads going forward, so you might wanna temper your right foot whatever you are driving.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xc168co
Back