Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

//M Footrest only for LHD ??

daywalker

Hi all

need some help here...

I ordered the M-footrest from the US and was later shocked to hear that it is only meant for LHD ???

I am trying to understand why can't it fit RHD? Doesn't the pedal "curve" the same way whether it's LHD or RHD :confused: Can someone kindly explain this to me....

Anyway, it's too late now so has anyone here "retrofitted" this to his ride and if yes, pls advise on what needs to be done and where to do it:(

Thanks!!

Re: //M Footrest only for LHD ??

daywalker;291188 said:
Hi all

need some help here...

I ordered the M-footrest from the US and was later shocked to hear that it is only meant for LHD ???

I am trying to understand why can't it fit RHD? Doesn't the pedal "curve" the same way whether it's LHD or RHD :confused: Can someone kindly explain this to me....

Anyway, it's too late now so has anyone here "retrofitted" this to his ride and if yes, pls advise on what needs to be done and where to do it:(

Thanks!!

Yes, the M footrest is for LHD car only. That's is why the M3 in Singapore does not come with the Al footrest. I have bought the similar footrest last year as well from PML. It will come with the whole plastic panel (the footrest is attached to the plastic panel). What I did was to remove the Al footrest from the panel and use very strong 3M double side tape to paste the Al footrest onto my plastic footrest in the car. It looks just fine. Hope this helps.

cgoh;291206 said:
Yes, the M footrest is for LHD car only. That's is why the M3 in Singapore does not come with the Al footrest. I have bought the similar footrest last year as well from PML. It will come with the whole plastic panel (the footrest is attached to the plastic panel). What I did was to remove the Al footrest from the panel and use very strong 3M double side tape to paste the Al footrest onto my plastic footrest in the car. It looks just fine. Hope this helps.

Sounds good, thanks man!:)

that's coz the footwell is not symmetrical in shape. one side is the wheel well, one side is the transmission tunnel.

Racebred;291835 said:
that's coz the footwell is not symmetrical in shape. one side is the wheel well, one side is the transmission tunnel.

oh i s@@ :( feel so dumb

So would u have any suggestion to "retrofit" this...I'm still waiting for the part to arrive.

Valor;299166 said:
If u ever figure out a way to convert the LHD footrest to our RHD please let me know as well :)

Did what was suggested...removed the alum plate and pasted it over the existing rest.

Here's a pic.

pedal.jpg

Valor;299420 said:
Nice, you bought that footrest directly from US right, Does PML carry the same thing? Also which alummium plate did you remove?

Yes, bought fm the US over the net.

PML svc dept here says dun have.

Removed the entire alum surround + the centre black oval piece with the M logo from the plastic base.

the picture you posted seems to be missing. Am thinking of getting the aluminum footrest as well. Can you kindly post the pic again so that I may know how it looks like?

Thanks,

I have the same prob with the Performance footrest pedal.
Think need to go workshop to trim to fit as it is full aluminum.

SilkySmooth6;389929 said:
the picture you posted seems to be missing. Am thinking of getting the aluminum footrest as well. Can you kindly post the pic again so that I may know how it looks like?

Thanks,

Sure, here you go

pedal.jpg

hi guys,

any 1 know which workshop near bukit merah / alexnadra area can install the foot pedal for bmw? as understand need to take out some plastics and screw it in??

and best if its cheap cheap hehehee

For the //M footrest is there any cutting invovled?

I bought the alum footrest. It is too big. I think its meant for LHD.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cwin05tv
Back