Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

List of recommended workshops in JB

vladd_tappish

Since nobody has posted anything about list of recommended workshops, I would like to take this opportunity to prevent most of you who got cut in the throat alive from some other workshops.

1) Two-B Motor Trading
24 Jln Perdagangan 12
Tmn Universiti
81300 Skudai
Johor Bahru
( Look for Mr. Koh and say that you from the club )

2)Top Power Auto Service Centre
139 Jln Pasir Pelangi
Tmn Iskandar
80050 Johor Bahru
( Look for Mr. Vincent Chai and say that you are from the club )

3) Bawah pokok shop ( Beside the food court car park Toilet )
Pusat Makanan Centrepoint
Jln Musang Bulan
Tmn Century
80050 Johor Bahru
( Look For Ah Keng. Dont underestimate him! This guy is well versed in BMW's )

Most Recommended Tyre Shop

1) Pusat Tayar & Bateri Hup Mong
Plot 12-01 & 14-01
Jln Tun Abdul Razak ( Susur 4 )
80100 Johor Bahru
( Look for Ah Siang )

Most Recomended Accessories shop

1) Lau Audio Air-Cond & Accessories
2 Jln Delima 3/1
Tmn Delima Satu
81100 Johor Bahru
( Look for Ah Tee and mention that you are from the club )

2) Ycs Auto Sound
8 Jln Delima 3/1
Tmn Delima Satu
81100 Johor Bahru
( Yap our non forummer who is driving a E36 325i )

Most recommended Spray paint shop

Lian Yine Workshop Centre
No 17 Jln Bertam 8
Tmn Daya
81100 Johor Bahru
( Ah Lee our non formmer who is driving an E28 )

Most recommended air-cond shop

HAWA DINGIN & AKSESORI KERETA SOON HENG
PLOT 5-01
80100 Johor Bahru
( Look for Ah Soon our non forummer )

Go at your own risk if any of you decide to go to workshops other then the above. I will update if I have some more good workshops. This same posting is also posted on the malaysian bmw club forum aswell and I dont recieve any kind of payments out of them in any ways.

Regards

Vladd Tappish
Official Southern Representitive for the Bmw Club Malaysia

Re: List of recommended workshops in JB

M-technic. Jalan Tampoi, opposite F&N factory. Look for Andy or ah Er. Lots of frens service their Bmws there.

vladd_tappish;112899 said:
Since nobody has posted anything about list of recommended workshops, I would like to take this opportunity to prevent most of you who got cut in the throat alive from some other workshops.

1) Two-B Motor Trading
24 Jln Perdagangan 12
Tmn Universiti
81300 Skudai
Johor Bahru
( Look for Mr. Koh and say that you from the club )

2)Top Power Auto Service Centre
139 Jln Pasir Pelangi
Tmn Iskandar
80050 Johor Bahru
( Look for Mr. Vincent Chai and say that you are from the club )

3) Bawah pokok shop( Beside the food court car park Toilet )
Pusat Makanan Centrepoint
Jln Musang Bulan
Tmn Century
80050 Johor Bahru
( Look For Ah Keng. Dont underestimate him! This guy is well versed in BMW's )

Most Recommended Air-cond Shop

1) Pusat Tayar & Bateri Hup Mong
Plot 12-01 & 14-01
80100 Johor Bahru
( Look for Ah soon our club's non forummer who is driving an E30 )

Most Recomended Accessories shop

1) Lau Audio Air-Cond & Accessories
2 Jln Delima 3/1
Tmn Delima Satu
81100 Johor Bahru
( Look for Ah Tee and mention that you are from the club )

2) Ycs Auto Sound
8 Jln Delima 3/1
Tmn Delima Satu
81100 Johor Bahru
( Yap our non forummer who is driving a E36 325i )

Most recommended Spray paint shop

Lian Yine Workshop Centre
No 17 Jln Bertam 8
Tmn Daya
81100 Johor Bahru
( Ah Lee our non formmer who is driving an E28 )

Go at your own risk if any of you decide to go to workshops other then the above. I will update if I have some more good workshops.

That is the coolest workshop name I've ever come across.... Possibly ever...

what abt good tayar shop? Those that know how to handle yr car well n not let go the jack n let yr car bounce a few times after changing tayar:)

Pek;173409 said:
M-technic. Jalan Tampoi, opposite F&N factory. Look for Andy or ah Er. Lots of frens service their Bmws there.

From my point of view, this particular workshops prices are a bit on the high side. Other then that no comments.

vladd_tappish,

thanks for the effort.

perhaps you could help by listing their respective areas of expertise? like which ones are better for engine work, FI, tuning, porting & polishing, 3 angle valve jobs etc and which ones have access to a flow bench or dyno?

cheers

louis;176788 said:
vladd_tappish,

thanks for the effort.

perhaps you could help by listing their respective areas of expertise? like which ones are better for engine work, FI, tuning, porting & polishing, 3 angle valve jobs etc and which ones have access to a flow bench or dyno?

cheers

I used to go to Top Power at Tmn Iskandar but now i had been completely going to BVO haha:) . Nothing wrong with his work its just that he keep on dragging u say later later den to few days liao....:furious: the car still there and nothing has been done.

I dunt think they are much expertise in Jb area when it comes to tuning and modifications. If not i wunt b here.

Cheers just my opinions

Any good Audio shop to recommend that can fix up my E60 with good amp and speakers ....

keN330;176793 said:
I used to go to Top Power at Tmn Iskandar but now i had been completely going to BVO haha:) . Nothing wrong with his work its just that he keep on dragging u say later later den to few days liao....:furious: the car still there and nothing has been done.

I dunt think they are much expertise in Jb area when it comes to tuning and modifications. If not i wunt b here.

Cheers just my opinions

Yup same case here, except they kept giving lame excuses and dragging their feet with the job not for DAYS but MONTHS! Not kidding.

The job was a simple one with most Singaporean workshops able to do it in under 3 days, but they took a total of over 2 months, before I got bloody fedup and told erm my car was due for inspection in Singapore, and that if I got penalised for late inspection/roadtax, they would be the one footing the bill. They then proceeded to do a half-assed job in 3 days and passed the car over to me, saying that not the whole job was completed, but the car was good enough to drive and pass inspection. When I got the car, there were a few dings and scratches (prob from them playing musical chairs with my car in the workshop over the 2 months), luckily I was intending to respray the car. I was so disgusted with the whole experience, I never went back.

That was my first and would be my LAST time I'll ever go to Top Power. Now BVO does my car exclusively. Costs more, but they usually deliver on their promise in terms of schedule and workmanship.

Problem with Top Power is that those buggers keep taking on jobs, but just chuck your car aside if easy jobs of servicing etc walks in thru the door. No guesses who in the end suffers...

rkemail;190528 said:
Any good Audio shop to recommend that can fix up my E60 with good amp and speakers ....

You can try
YCS Auto Sound as recommended above.

Unknown to many, Ah Yap who is the boss of the establishment was formerly working as the chief installer/audio tuner at Hong Guan at Upp Bukit Timah which was quite a famous audio tuner in Singapore during the early 2000s, winning several audiophile in-car competitions
(they were bloody expensive though). Think he left 2-3 yrs back to strike out on his own in JB where he lives.

A fellow "forumer" who had his car done up by Ah Yap let me audition his ride, and it was indeed impressive, so I too left my ride to Ah Yap. Am very happy with the results and service over there so far.

In addition to being very technically competent in SQ tunings, the bonus with Ah Yap is that he is very well versed with Bimmers in terms of interior, electricals etc. as he is a BMW enthusiast himself, so you can ask him to fix small niggling problems like door panel rattles, power windows and mirrors, switches etc!

He converses ok in English, and you can call him @ 012-7738931 to see if he can help you. This is one audio shop which I have no reservations recommending to friends.
:)

Hi There everyone,at the Permas Jaya there also got 1 Workshop can fix bmw also.and they are friendly also....Two B is okay but m-teknik sifu there more "LanSi" for my Opinion.this is The Permas jaya Add:31,Jln Permas 4/4,permas Jaya.

Back