Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

Left-Hand-Drive Vehicle along ECP !

Hendrick

Alright, I was on my way for lunch on Wednesday, 21st April 2009 around 1.15pm!

Was travelling along ECP when I spotted this Space Grey e92 325i. What catches my attention is that the 325i tag was removed, but replaced with a red slogan with white words which stated LEFT-HAND-DRIVE.

I was amazed as the carplate was SxxxxCD, it looks unique. So we took the Bedok Exit and I managed to cruise pass the left side of this particular vehicle. To my astonishment, it was indeed a left-hand-drive! Driven by a caucasian man in his 40s.

Is this really something new? Or is it just that I'm too dumb to understand that there are certain protocols which allow such vehicles to be driven in Singapore?

Re: Left-Hand-Drive Vehicle along ECP !

It's a diplomat's car... Prob imported directly from their home country... This is not uncommon...

long long ago have liao, u wait at US embassy , maybe can see more there...

wow FP housefly have not sleep...

iScoupe;410032 said:
long long ago have liao, u wait at US embassy , maybe can see more there...

wow FP housefly have not sleep...

If I can't be a horsin, I must at least look the part. Gonna hit the sack soon... Just got back... Bian koon ah?

fiercepink;410033 said:
If I can't be a horsin, I must at least look the part. Gonna hit the sack soon... Just got back... Bian koon ah?
par hosin....z z z z z Z Z Z Z

fiercepink;410031 said:
It's a diplomat's car... Prob imported directly from their home country... This is not uncommon...

Yup, license plate with CD ending is usually Diplomat/Embassy car.

SILVER;410038 said:
Yup, license plate with CD ending is usually Diplomat/Embassy car.
oh tot this car only can play CD... cos heard no DVD.... joke sibei COLD... :lol2:

iScoupe;410040 said:
oh tot this car only can play CD... cos heard no DVD.... joke sibei COLD... :lol2:

Some got bullet proof armor body and rocket launcher too...:lol2:

SILVER;410041 said:
Some got bullet proof armor body and rocket launcher too...:lol2:
ya , but Singapore driver like Kenntona has armor body & rocket launcher too....
bobby's is water gun....:lol2:

Cool!! I wonder if we are allowed to own and rive LHD cars on the road? Cause I always prefer a LHD than RHD car!

halcrontech;410079 said:
Cool!! I wonder if we are allowed to own and rive LHD cars on the road? Cause I always prefer a LHD than RHD car!
LTA sure will not approve la... wait alot accident on LHD with RHD cars,
accident report also dunno how to write....

halcrontech;410079 said:

Our roads are not designed this way. LHD on our roads with the amount of RHD will only be the cause of more accidents. Diplomats/Ambassadors are different because they are governed by another set of rules altogether.

halcrontech;410079 said:

As far as I know, only embassy/diplomat cars and foreign military vehicles are allowed LHD.

And yeah, wait till you have to retrieve a ticket from a dispenser when you go into a carpark, driving a LHD car in a RHD country. Hope you have arms like the leader of Fantastic Four.

Oh, and not to mention your front seat passenger will also not like much being picked up or dropped off by you as she/he will never be nicely kerbside in a RHD country....

drivers of these cars have diplomatic immunity, i.e. they cannot be fined for road traffic offences...

fiercepink;410087 said:
Our roads are not designed this way. LHD on our roads with the amount of RHD will only be the cause of more accidents. Diplomats/Ambassadors are different because they are governed by another set of rules altogether.

yea only diplomats/embassies can register a LHD car, and their cars are duty free also. so probably costs as much as the omv only.

RHD is the way to go ....my ex colleague who is American n lives in the US once told me , LHD is just dumb.

TripleM;410142 said:
RHD is the way to go ....my ex colleague who is American n lives in the US once told me , LHD is just dumb.

But most cars and in fact Bimmers are made to be LHD. Just look at the way the car tilts...

fiercepink;410087 said:
LHD can be driven in Singapore if the designer come out 5 speed reverse gear & 1 forward gear... with the rear look like front & horn fitted at the rear. :lol2:

fiercepink;410143 said:
But most cars and in fact Bimmers are made to be LHD. Just look at the way the car tilts...
Blue propeller has improved over time. Try to look 4 d level to bonnet in E30.

Back