Landed property- plot ratio, height restrictions and set backs!

Can anyone enlighten?

Say 4000 sqft land

Does building up the house need to only look into only the setbacks requirements and the height restrictions (say 3 storey mixed landed housing area)?

Is there a need to look in the the plot ratio? Plot ratio only for buildings or this is also a factor for houses?

Appreciate it.

Re: Landed property- plot ratio, height restrictions and set backs!

oakley1976;1086142 said:
Can anyone enlighten?

Say 4000 sqft land

Does building up the house need to only look into only the setbacks requirements and the height restrictions (say 3 storey mixed landed housing area)?

Is there a need to look in the the plot ratio? Plot ratio only for buildings or this is also a factor for houses?

Appreciate it.

Of course. You must first look at the plot ratio and calculate your permissible GFA from there. The setbacks and height restrictions are rules for the actual design.

4000 sqft I think is semi-d
plot ratio should be 1.4
can build 4 storey already I think.

Landed houses in sg highest can build is 3.5 storey...

The 0.5 being the attic.

Plot ratio has no effect on landed houses here...

Check URA Master Plan to verify your house housing type and height limit(2.5 or 3.5 storey)

And yes of course all the setbacks n requirements still apply.

Last edited by a moderator:

seanskye;1086158 said:
Of course. You must first look at the plot ratio and calculate your permissible GFA from there. The setbacks and height restrictions are rules for the actual design.

cant find the plot ratio on master plan for landed property unlike for bulidings.

Thanks! My thinking is the same as yours but I cannot verify is this the case. Anywhere to have this backed up? Thanks!

Only GCB subject to 0.5 plot ratio.

helbreath;1086225 said:
Only GCB subject to 0.5 plot ratio.

It is in a 3 storey mixed landed area.
1.4 plot ratio is fine. But I worry it is less then that.

oakley1976;1086226 said:
It is in a 3 storey mixed landed area.
1.4 plot ratio is fine. But I worry it is less then that.

Hi,

From what I understand from architects, if you are rebuilding 1 unit with 1 unit, there is no limit on the gross floor area. However, if you are building 2 units from what used to be 1 unit (example, 1 detached into 2 semis), then GFA based on plot ratio will apply. If you exceed the permissible GFA, then development charges will apply.

A friend once told me. Just look at your neighbours. Both besides yours and across the road. Just build bigger and taller then them. haha

Calling our resident GCB expert Wobbles.
He can even advise on lifts, aquarium and helipad!

Matter of fact, as long as you are rebuilding your existing unit into a brand new one and not subdividing the plot, you do not need to factor in the plot ratio matter. A landed property in a designated landed housing area can only be built up to a max of 3 storey plus attic, subject to whatever is stated in the ura's masterplan.

What you need to know is type of designated landed housing area you are in, and when designing the building to adhere strictly to setback and height requirements.

Plot ratio is only applied when there is an "intensified use" of the land. Example, one bungalow sub divided into 2 units. Also, in order to know the plot ratio "baseline" you might need to refer to 1958 and 1980 masterplan. It is a very complicated issue so you might need an architect to properly advise you on plot ratio matters.

Hi,

Anyone interested in buying landed house in central area along downtown line ?
Great amenities, facilities, convenient mrt. Please email me for serious genuine buyers.

I'm looking for someone who can buy our house asap and price negotiable (can be discussed).

My email is [email protected] and hopefully I can receive some response.

Thank you.

21st March 2018

Back