Kudos to BMW-SG Admin for making us ALIVE Again.

Morganlee3377

Been hang almost 48hours... Thank you to the admin for contributing their efforts to resolve this issue... :D:D:D

What's the actual cause of it? Anyone know? :stfu:

Re: Kudos to BMW-SG Admin for making us ALIVE Again.

Thank you guys!

Morganlee3377;843318 said:
Been hang almost 48hours... Thank you to the admin for contributing their efforts to resolve this issue... :D:D:D

What's the actual cause of it? Anyone know? :stfu:

...bad singing....w immpoossible 2 understand messages...

..:D..

..:lol::lol::lol::lol:....

Hey guys,

Sorry for the downtime - we had a DDOS attack from a middle eastern continent (for more info on what DDOS is - click here Denial-of-service attack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

We're looking to report this issue to the authorities as this is a pretty severe issue and we had to do some major server configs and DNS re-routes to rectify the issue. Much thanks to Alvin (Puny) and Edy who burned their weekend trying to get our forum and services back up. It's been pretty harrowing to have the site down for more than a day.

We've put some measures in place to prevent this form of attack from happening again and we're monitoring this situation closely over the next few days.

Thanks for the patience and thanks to our server admins!

i still thought my ip kena banned cos OT too much :p

ryan;843344 said:
Hey guys,

Sorry for the downtime - we had a DDOS attack from a middle eastern continent (for more info on what DDOS is - click here Denial-of-service attack - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

We're looking to report this issue to the authorities as this is a pretty severe issue and we had to do some major server configs and DNS re-routes to rectify the issue. Much thanks to Alvin (Puny) and Edy who burned their weekend trying to get our forum and services back up. It's been pretty harrowing to have the site down for more than a day.

We've put some measures in place to prevent this form of attack from happening again and we're monitoring this situation closely over the next few days.

Dear Ryan

The effort that you and backstage supporters have managed to resolve this severe issue in such a short period of time is deeply appreciated.. Thanks again. Cheers!

ryan;843344 said:
Hey guys,

Appreciate and thanks for providing us this forum. Btw Verizon provide DDOS service to prevent such attack..maybe you can contact them.

milk15;843387 said:
any form of extortion from the attackers????

IT security solutions???? :D
There should not be any extortion from e cyber attackers. BMW-sg was not the only site that went down during that time window, other sites too, one example: bodybuilding.com, also an online biz website, they too was down and out in the same time bracket, and site is up around the same time as our forum too.

There is not cure from any IT security solution as there is only prevention since all web server has linked and integrated into the Global network. Any system linked to the Global network can be hacked.

Well done guys! Last 48 hrs is like 48 days! :)

I am sorry guys for the downtime as the UDP Flood exhausted all our IP Transit.

We have to resort to few techniques to mitigate this from happening again.

If we have 10Gbps transit this would not be a problem :) ... any bro want to sponsor the pipe? :)

I think this is unacceptable. I expect some resignations and don't tell me sorry or move on

But this is only a once in a 50 year occurrence.

Its Wobbles fault for posting defamatory remarks instigating some quarters to hack the forum web-site.

We must learn to accept that breakdown is part and parcel of our life............

Thkz for the rectifying, that we can post again in here.. Cheers..

heng... i thot i post too many NSFW liao

ipoh-horfun;843636 said:
heng... i thot i post too many NSFW liao

You post too little that's why it's been hacked. If you post more hackers will be too busy to read than spend their time hacking. I think most of them think so too. Haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Back