Key Pouch for Push Button Key - E60

TheNew7

Hi guys,

Anyone got anything to recommend for a key pouch for the push button E60s? I like the thing 'raw' but can't bear the scratches it will have after a while.

I have already purchased the Brun Buffel key pouch as recommended by someone driving the E90. But surely there are better key pouches.... Went to many of the designer shops in Taka but non of them had this.

Fortunately for the 7 series owners, they have a 'free' key holder.

Suggestions.......

Re: Key Pouch for Push Button Key - E60

Hi,

You can purchase the same 7er key pouch from PML if you like it, only S$20 from the accessories department. I took a look at it today but didn't find it quite appealing.
It had a little plastic strip with PML on it instead of the BMW logo, which I would prefer.
Although designed for the 7er key, should fit the rest of the family quite ok.

Cheers !!!

CABERNET.S said:
Hi,

You can purchase the same 7er key pouch from PML if you like it, only S$20 from the accessories department. I took a look at it today but didn't find it quite appealing.
It had a little plastic strip with PML on it instead of the BMW logo, which I would prefer.
Although designed for the 7er key, should fit the rest of the family quite ok.

Cheers !!!

I think that's where you wrong.... The 7's key loop is in the middle whilst the 5 (not so sure about the 3) is at the top of both ends of the key.... I have tried with the 7 key pouch and it does not fit.....

The Bruan Buffel seems alright but I am looking for something a little more attractive.... like the 7 key pouch for the 7 key.......

actually I got a great suggestion for you but after seeing your animated signature, I was absolutely distracted and cant remember a thing now.

Ahbengdriver said:
actually I got a great suggestion for you but after seeing your animated signature, I was absolutely distracted and cant remember a thing now.

Concentrate on the . Remember..... remember....... don't look below......

TheNew7 said:
I think that's where you wrong.... The 7's key loop is in the middle whilst the 5 (not so sure about the 3) is at the top of both ends of the key.... I have tried with the 7 key pouch and it does not fit.....

The Bruan Buffel seems alright but I am looking for something a little more attractive.... like the 7 key pouch for the 7 key.......

Hello,

I think the girl in the picture is very cute leh... is she doing massage ?

So long already.... no one got any suggestions??????? Do all those E60 owners with push start buttons key their key 'raw'??? without protection???

Hi !

Got the 7 pouch from PML. You will need a little patience and creativity to rework the holder. E60 key does not has centre pin holder (sides). 7 pouch is meant for centred pin. Remove pin from holder (yes, noticeable cut outs on the holder).

Borrow hole puncher from stores that sells leather belts to punch new cut outs (make sure it is aligned to side of pouch when key is inside pouch). Re-insert pin, cutting across one of the side pin holder.

Can't borrow one ? Find some other way to punch the holes (make sure diameter is correct for the pin).

To cover up the previous cut out holes ? Be resourceful. Can either find some round tie pin holder or similar stuff.

Works well for me !

Disclaimer applies. Do it at own risk.

It's the journey of retrofitting the key pouch to the E60 key that is the most enjoying part !
Sheer enjoyment !

I am actually using a Braun Buffel key holder.... not the most perfect, but it works. Thought there might be other brands that make key pouches for this key. I think the E90 guys also have this problem. I have tried Gucci, LV etc.... and they don't seem to make one for our type of keys......

Thanks for the photos and the tips......

Yes, the E90 also comes with this "problem". I have tried LV, and the closest that I can find is the LV cuff-link pouch, which is really nice, but you gotta buy the cuff-links at S$400 plus just for the pouch. And no, cannot just buy the pouch only (yeah, I tried)... Also emailed to LV asking them to make one for us... since they have an IPod holder, why not one for our cars? Well, so far, no reply from them...

Even the Braun holders dun really fit the key well, cos the ring is at the center while the key has holes at the sides... Have tried Mont Blanc, Gucci and Prada, also dun have. Any brudders or sisters out there with better luck at this?

Cheers!
myride.msnw

Larry said:
Yes, the E90 also comes with this "problem". I have tried LV, and the closest that I can find is the LV cuff-link pouch, which is really nice, but you gotta buy the cuff-links at S$400 plus just for the pouch. And no, cannot just buy the pouch only (yeah, I tried)... Also emailed to LV asking them to make one for us... since they have an IPod holder, why not one for our cars? Well, so far, no reply from them...

Even the Braun holders dun really fit the key well, cos the ring is at the center while the key has holes at the sides... Have tried Mont Blanc, Gucci and Prada, also dun have. Any brudders or sisters out there with better luck at this?

Cheers!
myride.msnw

Got a PICARD key-holder with a zipper at CK Tang PICARD counter. I removed the main ring inside & used back the small chain. The key fits in nicely. Cost: $29/-

Back