Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

Just got my 316i sport

Re: Just got my 316i sport

davidtch;999325 said:
This is a hand leg coordination thing. I m driving SMT with no autohold.

Anyway, auto start stop will kill starter much faster than w/o it.

The starter of those cars with the ASS feature lagi big size - for heavy duty use.

Will try to take a picture of the clip tmrw. One more thing, besides the ASS function; To power off the car completely, one has to park, pull handbrake, foot off brakes and press the power button twice. I wonder why would someone power off the engine and not the electronics(press power off once). Why cant it just power off completely(engine and electronics) with just one push? Isnt this a potential for battery drainage?

If you off the engine(press once on the power) and leave the car, does the electronics power off immediately once you tab lock the door?

angcheekeong;999360 said:
I thought 316i alrdy comes with built i GPS?

BMW inbuilt nav is an add on. I heard that every map update cos a bomb, I dont like it. Therefore decided to continue to use my Garmin with lots more function and free map updates.

Scg8866t;999412 said:
BMW inbuilt nav is an add on. I heard that every map update cos a bomb, I dont like it. Therefore decided to continue to use my Garmin with lots more function and free map updates.

316i dont come with GPS and PML dont even entertain buying one with this option when i enquired. At least you need to upgrade CIC or latest NBT system to get the full GPS etc. Go check out Elebest posts in site sponsor section and armed with vin number to get accurate quote.

Scg8866t;999411 said:
Will try to take a picture of the clip tmrw. One more thing, besides the ASS function; To power off the car completely, one has to park, pull handbrake, foot off brakes and press the power button twice. I wonder why would someone power off the engine and not the electronics(press power off once). Why cant it just power off completely(engine and electronics) with just one push? Isnt this a potential for battery drainage?

If you off the engine(press once on the power) and leave the car, does the electronics power off immediately once you tab lock the door?

Even you completely power off, anything connected to the cigg socket will run for a while. Annoying like hell as everytime it is a routine of unplugging this and that especially i hv ionizer.

I install my 316i with nav,hard-disk,reverse camera.
Firstly only want reverse camera, after install cannot work due to CIC and the small screen.
Then i install the big screen and the CIC, Still RC cannot work .
Finally change the CIC to NBT, then RC work. Very time consuming.
Is true that PML cannot install the RC or nav. for 316i locally. I ask 3 times already. They say can only install at Germany factory.

MONSTERDOG;999469 said:
I install my 316i with nav,hard-disk,reverse camera.
Firstly only want reverse camera, after install cannot work due to CIC and the small screen.
Then i install the big screen and the CIC, Still RC cannot work .
Finally change the CIC to NBT, then RC work. Very time consuming.
Is true that PML cannot install the RC or nav. for 316i locally. I ask 3 times already. They say can only install at Germany factory.
Confirm lah.

U need to change the entire upper part of dashboard.

Nowadays, whatever GPS Sat Nav is useless to me. My bestest friend, WAZE. It includes realtime traffic condition for navigation.

MSportTune;999442 said:
Even you completely power off, anything connected to the cigg socket will run for a while. Annoying like hell as everytime it is a routine of unplugging this and that especially i hv ionizer.

Actually the Accessories power will cut off after 5 mins or so, so don't worry even if you forget to press Start button 2nd time after engine off. No need to unplug.

pulsar88;999551 said:
Actually the Accessories power will cut off after 5 mins or so, so don't worry even if you forget to press Start button 2nd time after engine off. No need to unplug.

Hearsay that it will be on for 30mins before it automatically cuts off by itself....wonder what is the reason for this..

brobot ask 3 cylinders?

congrats on your new ride... mod begins liao

gadaffi;999580 said:
brobot ask 3 cylinders?

congrats on your new ride... mod begins liao

4-cylinder in-line, 8-speed (A) Steptronic, RWD.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scg8866t;999566 said:
Hearsay that it will be on for 30mins before it automatically cuts off by itself....wonder what is the reason for this..

It cuts off after 5 mins for me

Scg8866t;999566 said:

you have your car all the time with you, 5-mins is not that difficult to spare. try it and you will know the answer right away. mine shld be 5 mins as well but didn't really bother or want to lose sleep over such small thingy...

similar to the a.s.s, the by-pass function is just a press of the button away. Just PRESS it every time after you start your car, shldn't be that difficult right?? If you really ass abt this, just pay pml to reprogram lorr...200-300 is only .001% of what you paid for your car

the drive is more impt, enjoy it instead ;)

thewhitehorse;1000311 said:
How does this ASS thing work in a traffic jam?

It would stop the engine when you stop.
And start the engine when you need to go.
Repeat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deyvan
Back