July 2005 Boxster S Cost ???

MYSTIC

Anyone have any idea what is the "used car price" for a July 2005 Boxster S ?

Ball park $$ as I cannot advise what are the options.

Standard 18 OEM rims and average miles (30K) and single owner

Thanks !!

Re: July 2005 Boxster S Cost ???

Thanks

there is a non-S June 2005 on sgcarmart asking for $190k

MYSTIC;341697 said:
Anyone have any idea what is the "used car price" for a July 2005 Boxster S ?

Ball park $$ as I cannot advise what are the options.

Standard 18 OEM rims and average miles (30K) and single owner

Thanks !!

boxster S comes with 18 inchers
so that's not an added option
mileage's so so for such cars
number of owners doesnt affect the resale value
only mileage, color and option does

a brand new boxster S tip from stuttgart will cost u ard 290k.
and thats bare
showroom specs meaning electric seats, leathers, PDCs, xenons, cd changer will add another 15k to it
coming to 305k

imho, a 3 year old unit, 10,000km done a year will prob fetch anyway from 190k to 210k
depending on color, condition, how keen the buyer or desperate the seller etc
chances are 200k and above

if its a PI unit with similar specs n mileage, knock abt 30k off

took a look at the unit u mentioned
likely to be a stuttgart unit, however very bare specs, as reflected by the 66k omv
showroom spec boxsters will be ard 70 to 75k for omv
this unit is also a stick drive, no tippy. tip alone is 10k
mileage is not listed, meaning it might be on the high side...
think it should be priced at 180k tops
but then again, its just my opinion

however, if you decide that you aren't keen on the box S, drop me a pm. i might be interested, thks

Valor;341948 said:
A few Boxster S 2000-2002 going for around 140K currently.

those will be the 986s, not 987s
and pre-facelifted 986

quite different

Is 2005 model still using the older 3.2 engine? It's still the egg-yolk headlights right? Not the more retro headlights of the 987. FWIW, I think the egg-yolk look dates very badly (same for 996s as well).

Not sure if those factors affect the resale value.

When I was shopping ard last year, my config for a Box S (3.4S) would have been ard 270k (PASM, Sports Chrono, manual, xenon). That would have been the spec that made the most sense to me. I know you can get 300k configured with all the loaded options, but to me, that just adds extra weight and frills that I don't need. Stuttgart SE was also nice enough to tell me I might have trouble selling a manual Box in future.

I always think it is sad when you have to buy what the next buyer wants, but I guess there's some truth in it.

Anyway, the other issue with the Boxster (great handling car and engine in the right place, that it is) suffers from the baby sibling problem. When my friend was considering one, EVERYONE kept asking him why he just didn't bite the bullet to buy the REAL Porsche (911) :)

(ps sorry for the meandering discussion.. just penning down some of my thoughts when I was in the market for one last year)

Thanks everyone - for all your comments.

I have been bugging the owner to sell this particular unit for the past 2 years (friend's car)...its a 987 unit and it is well taken care of and never tracked or thrashed.

DH - I know no offense intended about yr comments (about getting a real 911) and none taken........ I am an old uncle and no longer bothered about what others think about the car I drive.

It's MY Boxster S and its fully paid up !!

Regards

Guys,

Don't worry about what other people think. Those people who bad mouth the boxster or the cayman haven't really driven those two great cars. The box and cayman handle better and can carry more speed thru the corners than the fat ass 911, thanks to their mid engine layout. They are in every sense of the word true porsches. Without the boxster, porsche may have now been taken over by vags or worse fiat.

It was not my point to cause offence. As I said, it was exactly because the engine was in the right place that I like the Cayman and Box :)

I sold my Jan 00 Boxster for $135k with full options in May. OMV was about $81k. 64k mileage. I agree that for a Jun 05 987 Tip, upwards of $200k to be realistic. Boxsters hold their prices pretty well.

Clubhead;347663 said:
I sold my Jan 00 Boxster for $135k with full options in May. OMV was about $81k. 64k mileage. I agree that for a Jun 05 987 Tip, upwards of $200k to be realistic. Boxsters hold their prices pretty well.
sold to dealer? coz on the low side....

I have 1 2006 Boxster & 1 2007 BoxsterS for sale......contact me yah!!

Cheers

'The Great White'

I am currently driving a 2008 3.4 litres Boxster S. My option adds up to about slightly over $300k mark. I "downgraded" from a 996 C4S u know......kekeke :)

To be honest, the Boxster S carry even more speed thru the corners as compare to my C4S even without the 4 wheels drive advantage. U can power out even before hitting apex. The main advantage is the light weight and engine placement position that make this car such a wonderful drive to begin with. IMO, the best handling roadster in the current market that still provide enough luxury, creature comfort and solid relability.

For the resale px of a 3 yrs old Boxster S from Stuttgart, u need to pay more than $200k to secure it. Resale value is quite good and there are always ready buyer for such cars. If black colour lagi better demand. My question is how come the OMV is so low if it is a Stuttgart car? My OMV is above $90k just for sharing.

Good luck on ur purchase!

centurion;347692 said:
sold to dealer? coz on the low side....

That's what some people tell me but I thought it was a reasonable price already. The same car is selling at sgcarmart now asking $145,800. May explain why I sold it within 3 days.

But then again, there were dealer geniune offers made at $125-$130k so reckoned it's about there.

Clubhead;348558 said:
That's what some people tell me but I thought it was a reasonable price already. The same car is selling at sgcarmart now asking $145,800. May explain why I sold it within 3 days.

But then again, there were dealer geniune offers made at $125-$130k so reckoned it's about there.
bloody hell you were lowballed.

For these cars maybe it would be better to do a private sales.

Back