jap rims, rays, volk , club limea,

hi guys, i am new here. just need some advise from the pro here. do any of u guys used jp band
rims to fit into ur bimmer, wonder it will look funny on a bimmer.

volk racing

ssw rims

rays.

club limea

went dwn to leong seng today and happens to see a set of 19 inch club limea black deep dish rim, wonder it will look funny on a bimmer.

any mates here using that rims.

regards

Re: jap rims, rays, volk , club limea,

Looks are pretty subjective and rims designs may be dependant on the car designs, shape and color as well. However, rims does play a part on how your car handles and behaves besides just looking good.

I'm using BBS RK, which IMO, looks terrble but the light weight and "feel" is much preferred over other competition in the range. So long as you are happy with the look, purpose and handling issues of the rims, it should be fine.

yes, there are some wit jap rims...
for me i would go for weight den styling

jawzsg;166120 said:
Looks are pretty subjective and rims designs may be dependant on the car designs, shape and color as well. However, rims does play a part on how your car handles and behaves besides just looking good.

I'm using BBS RK, which IMO, looks terrble but the light weight and "feel" is much preferred over other competition in the range. So long as you are happy with the look, purpose and handling issues of the rims, it should be fine.

Bro BBS RK where got look terrible. I had that on my E46 last time, and I bought it for the LOOKS :)

x3mblack;166205 said:
Bro BBS RK where got look terrible. I had that on my E46 last time, and I bought it for the LOOKS :)

Err.. like I say, looks are subjective.. I much prefer the rims in my signature, but they didn't felt as good as the BBS and definitely heavier.. I just kept them and look at them once a while..kekekekek.:lol2:

Volk Racing rims are good to use for E90. They look nice too (subjective). Over at the e90pst, there's a few of them using this rims. And like what gadaffi said, Volk rims are really light so performance wise there would be an improvement as well!

althaus;166318 said:
Volk Racing rims are good to use for E90. They look nice too (subjective). Over at the e90pst, there's a few of them using this rims. And like what gadaffi said, Volk rims are really light so performance wise there would be an improvement as well!

Yes, agree Volk Racing is good, strong and very light. Was using CE28 on my Honda DC5. But I think it will look weird on a BMW. Maybe if you choose the right designl, it will go well with BMW, its not a matter of country of origin or brand. I always felt that the Enkei Gran Turismo will look good on a BMW but they don't have the correct PCD for BMW.

Both me and Triple M using Volk Racing Progressive ME 18" and 19" respectively!
Best rims i ever bought. The adavntage of its light weight is so far..... unbelievable.

Your car where got JDM? More like "CSL". [Californian Styled Looks]

RaptureM3;166413 said:
Come to the meetup later i'll show you.

JAY DEE AM M3. :)

BlackStealth;166371 said:
Both me and Triple M using Volk Racing Progressive ME 18" and 19" respectively!
Best rims i ever bought. The adavntage of its light weight is so far..... unbelievable.

Could u advise on how to tell the real Volks rims from the replicas? Cause have seen some replica rims looking excatly like the real thing. Any kind of stamp or mark.

Is there a weight difference, by weighing the rims?

Always like the Volks TE37s... :cloud9:

The replicas are probably non forged.
When u buy the original ones, u get the cert, warranty etc.

To be honest with ya, I am not even surprised if the replicas are just as light or lighter than the original ones but construction wise, I have to trust the orginals.

TE37 is great..increasingly popular in the US tho hard to get..
Locally, only one bimmer has got em....Introducing the one and only JayDeM BMW M3.................. Raptureeeeee...........MMMMM Three

:yummie: ... let me know if u going for any meetups.. would like to take a look at the rims.

Back