Issues and problems with X1

Monfreeze Archangel

Hi All,

just wanted to start/share the issues/problems (if any) that you have encountered with your X1 ride. would be good to share.
I am having rattling sounds....slight from rear doors but it gets to me. understand from Bro Snowmanyee that this calls for the friction tape work at PML service centre.

Also having some weird sound (like metal rattling) during the cold start in the mornings? Sound goes away after like 40secs or so.....is this normal?
Plan to schedule an appoinment at PML to get this checked out.:confused:

Cheers.

Re: Issues and problems with X1

Hey bro, u bought the promo X1 in June? Is it sDrive 18i? Does it have iDrive?

I think the X1 is very similar to the 3. They are based on the same platform and the interior is largely similar so whatever common issues we had with the 3, it should translate to the X1. Creaking door is one of them.

Rattling might be just something loose. Check the air intake box (big plastic piece w/BMW logo) and make sure it's screwed down.

The door rattling is common problem due to door design. It happened to my previous E90 as well. Tell pml and they know what to do. Another common problems is the thug sound from the brakes when you come to a stop. Apparent still no solution and pml said its normal for bmws after leaving my car there for two days. My X1 got the final dtive whining problem too. Need to bang table to get it replaced. Hopefully no more other problems.

My X1 s20i got aircon compressor and car control unit changed within 6 months after delivery. PML said the compressor jamed and led to the control unit fail. What a lucky man I am!!!

This is not all. Sometime mechnical failure cannot avoid but PML after make the repair did not load the entire control software program properly. My idrive give me an error say engine failure....... then take another day to make the program right..... sad.....

But so far now everything is fine. I am lucky to be one of the first owner of the N20 engine X1 according to PML. This is a good car. I feel better then my pervious E90 LCI. Very powerful. Hit 100km/h without feeling at all.

detach8;855651 said:
Hey bro, u bought the promo X1 in June? Is it sDrive 18i? Does it have iDrive?

I think the X1 is very similar to the 3. They are based on the same platform and the interior is largely similar so whatever common issues we had with the 3, it should translate to the X1. Creaking door is one of them.

Rattling might be just something loose. Check the air intake box (big plastic piece w/BMW logo) and make sure it's screwed down.

Yes I bought in June....but it is Sdrive20i..with iDrive. agreed that it is the same platform....i test drove both the X1 and 320i.....felt that the X1 was a better...and much quieter...than the F30.anyway i wanted something diffrent moving from an e90...so X1 it was:laughlik:...the rattling sounds more like exhaust-metal rattling but coming from the engine bay...will get it checked....but only on cold-start in the mornings....lasts for approx 30sec or so....

thanks anyway for the inputs....informative as usual....cheers

Also one more thing, just realized that the x1 engine hood does not come with that sound/heat proofing mat, the slots are available on the inner side of the hood. My E90 came standard with this ....is it the same with the rest of the X1s out there? PML should carry this right? Any where else I can get this?

It doesnt really reduce cabin noise but might 'slightly' reduce noise under bonnet if you stand outside. If you really bother about the engine noise from outside, it might be a good to have.

it may also save your bonnet paintwork as it is also a heat shield...

Meek;857681 said:
it may also save your bonnet paintwork as it is also a heat shield...

Bmw paintwork not so lousy bah. Anyway will be going for Nano Paint protection

it does protect the paintwork. our rainy days will cause the droplets to sit on a hot bonnet and you will get water marks. the heat shield is not a standard on my old 3 series, maybe you got lucky and ex owner put the heat shield.

Monfreeze Archangel;857821 said:
i will check with PML...and also see if Eng Soon carries it...compare the prizes and see which one better.....:shakemyb:

Wah i just checked with PML...they don't have leh...how come? Will check BMW m'sia....:errrrrrr:

Looks like i need a DIY on this...or maybe visit some souund proofing WS.

Bonnet - XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum

Eng Soon only has for X3...X1 not available.......X3 Bonnet Sponge (that's what its called :thinking:) is priced at SGD 160 before nego. Don't know it the X3's can be retro-fitted into the X1's.

Read another tread.... seems its available:
X1 Hood Sound Insulation - XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum

but it is in China ...anyone can know or have come accross this site....:singsing:

ÌؼÛÔ³§±¦ÂíX1 Ôװλ·¢¶¯»ú¸Ç¸ôÈÈÃÞ ¸ôÒôÃÞ»ú¸ÇÄÚ³ÄËÍ¿¨¿Û°üÓÊ-ÌÔ±¦Íø

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=...6_2297358_8935934,0:1340893034_3z2_1924829268

Anyway i am also checking online at an UK site....waiting for quote...if any available:errmm:
The BMW Parts Gateway: Enquiry Confirmation

Why BMW just don't install it....it seems that the 2013 model of X1 will come fitted with this...boonet insulation.....wah lau...cost cutting.....:thinking:

Last edited by a moderator:

Actually can customise at those sound proofing shop. Should be around $100-$200 region

It's more of a heat insulator than a sound insulator. Why do you want to sound insulate your OUTSIDE?

detach8;861340 said:
It's more of a heat insulator than a sound insulator. Why do you want to sound insulate your OUTSIDE?

Yes its heat insulation, but it will also reduce vibrations thus engine noise too. Soundproofing workshops should carry heatshield too. I had done it before for my lancer.

Just gotten my ride last friday and the voice command seems giving problem after working fine for few days. It seems not able to capture the command given. Called up the service desk and was scheduled to bring the car in after National Day. Initially, I thought I had accidentally deactivated the voice command but was told by the service staff that it is not possible. Any of you encountered this problem and care to share?

Yes. Apart from navigation, it can also use to switch between radio channels and the various functions

mine cant understand my singlish/manglish.... so i guess with or without... i am not missing it much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salebee
Back