Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups

iRoad v9 camera causing battery warning signal?

alonerboy

Hi, I just installed a iRoad v9 camera on my ride yesterday and parked overnight. This morning when I start the car, it shows a battery warning signal. I assume the camera is drawing a lot of power, causing the car battery to be weak.

May I ask, how to prevent this problem? I was told by my installer, either to get a battery power pack (bank) or connect to ignition so that it only records when engine is on. Currently, it is connect to car battery and it records 24/7.

Anyone facing this problem? Can share what's the best solution pls?

My installer told me this will happen to BMW cars. The V9 should be set to cut off power when it drops to certain voltage. So far no battery flat but just have cancel the warning message every morning...

Try setting camera cut off point to higher voltage so camera will turn off earlier and see if that helps. If insist on 24/7 then you need battery power pack

My previous experience when direct install to car battery , it drained the car battery fast .
Few occasions , need to call for help to re-start my car as battery low/flat .
After getting my BMW car , my Installer told me to put a battery pack without direct connect to car battery .
With the battery pack, it can last you one whole night without worrying Car Battery is low :)

But the battery pack is priced at several hundred bucks. Functionally I think it's similar to our phone battery pack.... very pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back