Iridium Spark Plugs

TripleM

Legendary 10 Years
Hi there..
Irridium spark plugs do improve throttle response n feel lighter...
I hv used it before and quite like it.
Brand I used was OWS, cant remember how much it costs these days thou....But beware of getting some first generation plugs that I heard can cause some misfiring.

Other brands u can go for is obviously Bosch, NGK and Denso Irriway.
How much I hv no clue.

Thanks for your quick reply, apologies for my lack of knowledge on cars, does Iridium plug have a shorter life span then normal plug and normally a iridium plug will last what kind of mileage.

Cheers

Can't remember but I guess some of the oldies have mentioned that the Iridium spark plugs have to be re-gapped once a yr or something to continue having the performance...

Cheers! :wavey:

The longest is Platinum..can last more than 100k km....
So irridium is definitely less..
Dont be sorry dude, we are all learning..

If you're the kiasu type like me, just re-gap them everytime you go for servicing lor.. :thumbsup:

SL2,
If you're the kiasu type like me, just re-gap them everytime you go for servicing lor..
.....U are indeed...... :laughlik:

TripleM said:
SL2,
If you're the kiasu type like me, just re-gap them everytime you go for servicing lor..
.....U are indeed...... :laughlik:

I like it.. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

SL, at PML or outside workshop? Don't think PML will bother and if they do, they may say that its an aftermarket part and will not do it.

Cheers

have to do outside workshop. lifespan is about 1 yr and it'll start to lose effectiveness, even if the gap remains the same or even if there's no chao tar colour

Azrielsc said:
SL, at PML or outside workshop? Don't think PML will bother and if they do, they may say that its an aftermarket part and will not do it.

Cheers

Yep, it's done at BVO lor..b'cos I kiasu, so whenever I go for servicing, just get them to re-gap. :thumbsup:

Hi,

Would need advice on what aftermarket spark plugs are suitable for valvetronic N42 engine.

I am looking for better fuel economy and engine idling characteristics.
The N42 engine is very sensitive, had my valve lift control tuned by PML several times just to make the engine idle better. Last thing I wnat to do is upset the setting, unless for the better.

Thanks very much.

Regards.

only 30,oookm? that's pathetic! my car is running on bosch super 4 and i have a set of iridium plugs which i will install at the coming oil change. what kind of 'gains' can i expect?

Racebred said:
have to do outside workshop. lifespan is about 1 yr and it'll start to lose effectiveness, even if the gap remains the same or even if there's no chao tar colour

I used OWS and they lasted only a year before I had to change. Clocked 20,000km on them. Just got them replaced at BVO at $19 per piece before labour.

Re: Iridium Spark Plugs

Yes, I experience similar case, Iridium spark has a shorter life span than Platinum but offer slight gain in performance, re gap is the way to go after 40,000km, but usually I just replace them every 50,000km, so far been very pleased with Denso Iridium Power plugs for my N52 engine.

Back