iPod Interface

anson7835

Hi Bros,

Just installed the ipod interface and realised that the system cannot display chinese characters on the display monitor. It will be displayed as "?".

Any suggestion to "mod" it to display chinese?

Thanks,

Re: iPod Interface

Yeap, Having the same problem.
Tried asking a few shops bout it, but they said there's no such thing to make it read chinese..
Anyone got a way out of it?

may i ask how much the ipod interfaced cost? Might want to get one......how long did it take to install? Thanks.

It took me a day to change it.
Cost ard 600 plus..
But 1 thing that u must noe is that once u install this ipod interface, ur cd tray will be plucked out and it wont work anymore. Only the front console single slot cd will be working.

the cd changer can't be used anymore? hmmm.....really a trade off that i need to think about. I'm a bit surprised....In my AUDI A4, i installed the ipod interface without affecting anything.

Thanks anyway

can the ipod interface be installed on my e90 320, and will the titles and albums be displayed if i don't have idrive.

thanks.:)

Well I look at it that since you already have hundreds of songs in your iPod you won't need the changer. I have not missed mine.

v8rba;254308 said:
the cd changer can't be used anymore? hmmm.....really a trade off that i need to think about. I'm a bit surprised....In my AUDI A4, i installed the ipod interface without affecting anything.

Thanks anyway

Rocky99;262473 said:
can the ipod interface be installed on my e90 320, and will the titles and albums be displayed if i don't have idrive.

thanks.:)

Yes, you can install it in the non iDrive E90s and yes it can display the tiles of your songs and artists but not as nice as if you have iDrive. Limited to 2 line display in the orange LEDs. Thats good enough for me. Cheers!

I got mine new 320i installed with it when delivered, initially was wondering about missing the CD changer but iPod is better. I got a free iPod from Maxonline promo 4 gb and installed about 200+ songs in Apple lossless format & 320kbps.....

Its a great accessories IMO. now thinking of upgrading my ipod to 80gb version so can all put lossless format.

has anyone installed the ipod interface on their E92/93? How much does it costs?
What's the diff btw this and using the AUX input in the centre armrest?

ipod interface and control Ipod from console. Aux cannot, no return path.

Last I spoke to Harman group people, they said that the chinese was in the works.

I asked the question, can future firmware upgrade solve the issue?

Answer is : not sure. Chinese require unicode support, require more memory. But current one is at the limits of memory, so ... not optimistic.

You probably gotta live with it.

Renyu;253776 said:
It took me a day to change it.
Cost ard 600 plus..
But 1 thing that u must noe is that once u install this ipod interface, ur cd tray will be plucked out and it wont work anymore. Only the front console single slot cd will be working.

Where can I install iPod interface for e90 with iDrive? How many versions of ipod interface are there?

please advice.

regards,
energy

installed in my e92.
cost me $800+ at PML and took 2 days. Mine was the first of it's kind to be installed with ipod, so being kiasu, they took longer and charged me more.

Difference is that when you use the AUX, the ipod isn't being charged and you cannot control the ipod via steering wheel.
With the interface, the ipod sits in the glove compartment and is charged all the time. You will also be able to scroll through you playlist etc.

However, the idrive will reflect the ipod as "CD" and the different playlist (or rather modes) is displayed as CD1, CD2 etc. eg playlist is "CD1", artists "CD2", genre "CD3" etc.

cheers.

ED520;270175 said:
has anyone installed the ipod interface on their E92/93? How much does it costs?
What's the diff btw this and using the AUX input in the centre armrest?

Firstly, it sounds a whole lot better, like you are playing a CD whereas using the aux makes it sound very soft and obviously from external source ...

Secondly, you have to change songs on the musical device itself ( ie ipod ) whereas with the ipod interface, you can change via i-Drive controls ...

Thirdly, you can charge your ipod at the same time with the interface .. on the aux, it saps your batter power away, and definitely not suitable for those long road trips to m'sia ...

Get it installed, its great, esp if you are really into music :)

...... so is there any alternatives besides the interface from PML? and do any of the interfaces not disable the cd changer? :confused:

cheers

pasir
LCI 523

pasir;299207 said:
...... so is there any alternatives besides the interface from PML? and do any of the interfaces not disable the cd changer? :confused:

cheers

pasir
LCI 523

There is a Harmon/Kardon system that also is ok. Not sure how it works though.

Sorry to hijack this post - wondering if anyone's done the iPod interface retrofit on E90 recently and could let me know the cost? Was just quoted $1005 (inc labour and tax) today by PML which sounds a bit higher than what I previously understood.

Was also cautioned that the sound will be compressed (even sounded a bit like he was discouraging me!).

Many thanks in advance!

It doesn't sound compressed at all.... I am using a iPod Classic 80gb and using lossless (0 compression) format.... it sound as good as CD player....

Did you inquire from Alexander branch? The parts division sales guy always discourage client from buying any upgrade parts for our car.... strange.... once I inquire about the rear motorize blind and he also discourage saying no body bought before and they have no experience in installing etc.... really pissed me .... then I inquire the handbrake in aluminum finish likewise....

I don;t know the price of the iPod adapter.... I got mine free from PML....:)

Not surprising as parts and accessory prices are pretty much like oil prices these days, they just keep going up ... Didnt feel any loss of music quality from mine though ... it still sounds great !

If we buy ours from overseas and get it installed we would still need to go back to PML for programming...
Wonder whether they would willingly program the idrive for us... Anyone needs the installation manual in pdf just PM me. BTW, now sure if the part is the same as the PML part.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bet9club
Back