Importing New/Used Engine

titanic

Is it straight forward buying a new/used engine overseas and importing it into Singapore?

Re: Importing New/Used Engine

I've done it a few times for my personal projects.. just get your freight forwarder/courier to put "used engine parts for repair" on the airway bill.. most BMW engines will fit onto one palette even with all the ancillaries attached

You won't find any info on this forum.. it's best to talk to your freight forwarder/shipping company.. yes it's a straightforward process, you pay the money, they deliver to your door

titanic;392923 said:
Is it straight forward buying a new/used engine overseas and importing it into Singapore?

joon;392939 said:
I've done it a few times for my personal projects.. just get your freight forwarder/courier to put "used engine parts for repair" on the airway bill.. most BMW engines will fit onto one palette even with all the ancillaries attached

You won't find any info on this forum.. it's best to talk to your freight forwarder/shipping company.. yes it's a straightforward process, you pay the money, they deliver to your door

Thanks for your reply.

joon;392939 said:

hey, sorry to ride on this thread as i do not have permission to PM joon.

I'm interested in the Stack ST8130M, do you know any local distributor?

Thanks

ahjayeson;393227 said:
hey, sorry to ride on this thread as i do not have permission to PM joon.

I'm interested in the Stack ST8130M, do you know any local distributor?

Thanks

No local dealer... you can get it from BimmerWorld - Race Proven BMW Performance Parts and OEM Parts or pegasus racing, so far I've seen they have the best prices.. the US guys are a lot cheaper than the UK guys

Stack sensors use 1/8 NPT threads (same as Defi/HKS) except the pressure sensor, which uses a 1/8 BSPT thread.. all sensors feed into a CAN-type harness that connects to the back of the cluster.. It's quite easy to setup, I've used an ST8100 before, they all use a 4-button nested menu system... my friend prefers the digital AIM MXL Pista, you can consider that if you prefer an LCD bar graph tach, the AIM system is cheaper and uses generic VDO sensors

thanks for the advice... was quoted 2.5k w/o sensors at GR.. still pondering over whether its worth it..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bet9club
Back