Illuminated Door sill

VenomX2

My door sills used to have a blue glow to it, guessing it uses some sort of LED. Now its broken, no more blue glow. Do you guys have any idea where I can get this fixed with rough cost or maybe even how to DIY it?

Thanks.

Re: Illuminated Door sill

Sin Wee Chuan (Mike)
Blk 3021A Ubi Road 1 #01-40
Tel: 91074888

consult him..he will be able to get necessary parts and do the necessary labour...definetely cheaper than PML​

Those are not LED, they are Electro-luminouscent. Some kind of phospherous quoted wire that glows when a current is passed through it. Too bad, not repairable from what I know.

Terry;184272 said:
Sin Wee Chuan (Mike)
Blk 3021A Ubi Road 1 #01-40
Tel: 91074888

consult him..he will be able to get necessary parts and do the necessary labour...definetely cheaper than PML​

Thanks Terry, will check if Mike can get it done.

jawzsg;184295 said:
Those are not LED, they are Electro-luminouscent. Some kind of phospherous quoted wire that glows when a current is passed through it. Too bad, not repairable from what I know.

Can they change the wire? If so would the wire be expensive to change?

Not to my knowledge dude, you can buy EL wire yourself but they are the normal round core type, available in green, blue, red, amble and yellow... white would be slightly bluish.

The one on your door sills are the flat type which is more like a film. I doubt you can get those. Try looking for one of those EL illum signs (I remember seeing them on some "T" shirt) and strip the film out for reconnecting onto your sills. But they are mostly rectangular or round, a long oblong like those use on your sills may be hard to find.

If you are not into millivolts lighting thingy, I suggest you either live with it (unlit) or get a replacement. It's really troublesome. I have already having really tough time playing with "luxon" LED... EL film.. no way.

VenomX2;184252 said:
My door sills used to have a blue glow to it, guessing it uses some sort of LED. Now its broken, no more blue glow. Do you guys have any idea where I can get this fixed with rough cost or maybe even how to DIY it?

Thanks.

Hi ,
Maybe I can help. Haven't been here for a very very long time.. May I know what actually happen?

Cheers!:)

vito57;195641 said:
Hi ,
Maybe I can help. Haven't been here for a very very long time.. May I know what actually happen?

Cheers!:)

Hi Vin,

don't know if you can remember me or not, its been a long time. yeah the light on the sills are not working. guessing its the transformer or something. stopped working after heavy rains. do you have replacements parts for those?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hema
Back