Ignition Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ignition Upgrades

oneHeadlight;351267 said:
too lazy to read thru 20 pages... but can someone care to teach me what it does for e90 320 ?

it teaches your e90 to sit and fetch...

And if Rodney adds a bit his special mojo.
Your car might just do a good begging trick even..

It makes your car more responsive and you will find your throttle response crisper throughout the entire rev range.

cheers

R2D;351324 said:
It makes your car more responsive and you will find your throttle response crisper throughout the entire rev range.

cheers

As an independent user.
I second that description. responsive. eager.

Your e90 320
Should be a pretty similar engine to my current 4-cyl 1995cc N42.
So i reckon your experience shouldn't be too far off.

R2D;351324 said:

cheers

well said rod, think above sentence summaries the entire feel of this 'rod's mod'...

had wanted a lift for the e60 since it was already predicted to be ass-heavy with it's much bigger body-size than previous rides.

FR:
- chanced upon this tks to recommendation from herman when i got the SB from him(was using SB for >2 yrs in my prev B7 A4 so can't live without it), and now the e60 feels like 'can-go' like an e46 or e90! Did not even maximise it yet due to running-in but already can feel the potential looming. like u said, after having this new e60 with only 500km on the road, already felt the diff!

on the slightly flip side, sort of agreed with daryl that the SB now's a bit 'not-feeling-useful' as the ignition mod has already even out the power throughout the torque range. tat being said, the SB is still effective whenever i decided to step on a little so i would say the products do complement rather than act against each other.

In addition, i agree wif rod that the combi of the igntion upgrade+spec I plugs do come into effect when revved till 3-4k rpm, the car was raring to go(machiam the rev was 'smoothened'). will not rev till 5-6k at this moment .. when reach that stage, spec II lor, ...keke...

n wif that meagre amt we're payin, coupled with less expectation in the beginning it's already value for money! we r not talkin abt any monstrous performance upgrade here, jus a very basic and assumingly unobtrusive, reversible add-on that is nothing very illegal-feeling at all, but delivers the diff.

cheers,

MBboy;356476 said:
on the slightly flip side, sort of agreed with daryl that the SB now's a bit 'not-feeling-useful' as the ignition mod has already even out the power throughout the torque range. tat being said, the SB is still effective whenever i decided to step on a little so i would say the products do complement rather than act against each other.

Mine also had SB in before Rod's mod. Not sure what the effect will be if I take out the SB but I feel they complement each other.

Had specs 2 and ignition mod done by Rod on Sat (1st time we met! And good to see some of the others there too!). After mod, engine/ transition feels more smooth and the 'effort' needed by the car at 2-3k revs seems to be less. In other words, more 'power' and responsiveness. Also seemed to get better with time, like from sat till now it feels better. I'm a noob, so can't explain it but just sayin what I feel! :)

XFi;356621 said:
Mine also had SB in before Rod's mod. Not sure what the effect will be if I take out the SB but I feel they complement each other.

Had specs 2 and ignition mod done by Rod on Sat (1st time we met! And good to see some of the others there too!). After mod, engine/ transition feels more smooth and the 'effort' needed by the car at 2-3k revs seems to be less. In other words, more 'power' and responsiveness. Also seemed to get better with time, like from sat till now it feels better. I'm a noob, so can't explain it but just sayin what I feel! :)
Hi XFi, nice to meet you on Sat at R2D!

I second what XFi wrote. My ride (M54 320) had sprint booster, OWS racing engine oil, VR spec I plugs, amd the ECU has been retuned and optimised by BVO. I thought the engine could not improve much. Last week, I had the Spec II plugs, torco engine oil and the MTZ thingy (ignition updgrade was done earlier.) The engine defintely feels better. Felt it particularly when the ride was going up a gentle slope - there's more torque and it could climb at the same rate at a lower rpm. Good job, Rod!

XFi;356621 said:

yup the ECU actually studies the driving behaviour tat's y the car 'gets better' with time... engine felt smoother n more responsive day-by-day esp. after running-in. woohoo!...

Hi,

I have the ignition upgrades done as well as spec I sparks. Should I add the sprint booster? Will it have any adverse effect?

Regards,

This mod is no good. It is very bad. After changing the spark plugs and getting the ignition upgrade, I definitely wasted more petrol as I kept travelling and became relucant to exit the expressway. The rev meter kept pulling till I felt like this was a Honda engine in German guise. I also smelt burnt rubber (from the tyres, doh!) and it looks like I need even more frequent tyre change!

In short, it is bad because I suddenly feel now that I need better brakes..don't get it if you do not want better response in your rev climbs and over the rev range..

Damn rodney is indeed poisonous.

Ha ha.. Another one hooked..If there is 1 mod you want to do, this is it... no side effects. Having done a great deal of cars, the only few cars that cannot use this mod are the Mitsubishi Outlander, Lancer EX and the SAABs.

hi r2d,

i was wondering if anyone has modified their E92 325i with your ignition upgrade and any comments from them? besides volker II plugs are brisk LGS plugs any better? sorry to pose you the question as it's a direct comparison with your product.

any bros and sis in the forum with any comments too?

thanks,
ray

Yes, we have done them on the current engines such as the 323, 325 and 330. All have reported gains in throttle response and much better top end. As for the plugs, i shall reserve my comments.

Cheers

dyno? i dont think he stated it gives you more HP

Ive got this upgrade, let me tell you, my car is VERY different now. It actually works like it should. Better response at ALL RPM's. It's not a HP improvement, but more of a cleaner, cripser running engine improvement.

For the price, this is really a very good upgrade for your ignition, and best thing is, it actually works

Hi Rodney,

Pls quote the cost of the ignition upgrade to a Honda Civic FD2, 2.0.

Also, what range of volker plugs is suitable for my ride?
What is the cost of the plugs together with installation?

Thanks.

Regards,
Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9bet9club