If no cruise control, can install cruise control?

Re: If no cruise control, can install cruise control?

golilok;633921 said:
For older rides with no cruise control, can install cruise control?

What model? Can but need to change alot of things

golilok;633934 said:
E60 pre lci

Dunno about E60, you need to check with the mechanic. I only know E36 can, but alot of stuff need to be change

golilok;633934 said:
E60 pre lci

Anyone knows if this can be done?

Understand that for E60 have cruise control as standard, some don't. So I guess, it's an option to upgrade?

beta not, cruise control got safety features built in, like cutoff and all dat, plus interface with many modules m sure.

aftermarket one, all aspects covered?

Not necessary in Singapore lah.
Unless you drive to NSHW very often.

TohTo;692103 said:
Not necessary in Singapore lah.
Unless you drive to NSHW very often.
On this island, it is also very nice to drive with cruise control. In KPE. it helps to avoid summon.

davidtch;692210 said:
On this island, it is also very nice to drive with cruise control. In KPE. it helps to avoid summon.

lol,i think cant maintain cruise control mode in more than a minute.maybe north south highway can.unless 3am PIE.

cruise control is redundant in singapore.

golilok;633921 said:
For older rides with no cruise control, can install cruise control?

Hi, I just bought BMW 523i E60 pre lci and I also would like to install cruise control. Were able to figure out how to do so?

Darth Vader;692255 said:

Just like seat warmers.....

If cruise control is redundant in singapore, so are powerful cars. why you need a powerful car when the speed limit is only 90km/h?...... To each its own, owner happy why you worry??

Back to topic, of course you can install a cruise control. no issue at all, just need a qualified person to install it without destroying your ride. I have seen quite afew BMW in australia fitted with aftermarket cruise control.

Cahn77;1009626 said:

If cruise control is redundant in singapore, so are powerful cars. why you need a powerful car when the speed limit is only 90km/h?...... To each its own, owner happy why you worry??

Back to topic, of course you can install a cruise control. no issue at all, just need a qualified person to install it without destroying your ride. I have seen quite afew BMW in australia fitted with aftermarket cruise control.

Thanks for your response. Anybody you can recommend where I can get this done?? Much appreciated.

davidtch;692210 said:

Agree. Cruise control is a must, especially if your driving license is low on points or for those who always complain about fines. If the driver cannot control his right leg, at least he can control the car.

Sometimes I see TP reports on waze I will use cruise control to accelerate slowly... :lol:

I don't its safe to use aftermarket... What if the product malfunctions and leads to an accident who is responsible. My suggestion if really need 1 sell ur ride n buy a car with one...

Not 100% sure if it works like that, but I think the main issue is whether the cruise control is built into the ECU. Cos in my previous car (civic), the cruise control function was already available on the ECU, just that the buttons were not installed. So all Kah motor civics (besides the 2.0 ones) have cruise control disabled because the buttons were not present on the steering wheel.
So all I did was to get the buttons installed and linked to the ECU and I had cruise control!

In short, it'll be easier if the cruise function is already programmed in the ECU. Then perhaps this method of getting the hardware only might work.

FD1;1011613 said:
Not 100% sure if it works like that, but I think the main issue is whether the cruise control is built into the ECU. Cos in my previous car (civic), the cruise control function was already available on the ECU, just that the buttons were not installed. So all Kah motor civics (besides the 2.0 ones) have cruise control disabled because the buttons were not present on the steering wheel.
So all I did was to get the buttons installed and linked to the ECU and I had cruise control!

In short, it'll be easier if the cruise function is already programmed in the ECU. Then perhaps this method of getting the hardware only might work.
BMW is more complicated. It would require the change in either steering column (to install CC stalk) or steering wheel (cc function). Moreover, pure CC is PASSE.

Nowadays, CC must have brake function as computer is faster than human.

the short answer is yes you can. You will need an additional stalk for the cruise control and the associated covers. Thereafter, its just a matter of programming cos the car control is already electronic and sensored.

R2D;1014263 said:
the short answer is yes you can. You will need an additional stalk for the cruise control and the associated covers. Thereafter, its just a matter of programming cos the car control is already electronic and sensored.
In that case, can we still do cruise control with brake function?

That is more usable feature rather than pure cruise control.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hb888pro1
Back