i-Drive GPS - Map

Re: i-Drive GPS - Map

Pinky;567835 said:
Bro Ory,

I hope I am not hi-jacking your thread or anything. I just want to extend a lobang I found out about the disc. I believe you can get it for about $400. I did'nt purchase it nor did I test it but I can give you all the contact if you want. He is a nice guy who just got out of pml and started his own workshop. I sent my car for gearbox reflash there and he asked me to update mine. I don't use it often so I declined. I don't mind putting his contact out here if I am not going against any rules. Let me know.

Cheers
Ping

No worries Pinky. We are all here to help each other out. Plus this is not my thread either. Hehehe. :D Thanks alot for the info. It is cheaper and alot closer to you guys. My friend is in KL so I need to ask a favour from him. I have 3 people asking for the DVD wanting to do a group buy. I'll hand them over to you Pinky. Thanks again.:thumbsup:

Good to clear the air just in case:thumbsup:
Anyway bro I am just sharing a contact and not facilitating anything so no need to hand over to me. For the bros who are keen just give the guy a call and perhaps arrange your own group buy?

Enjoy

Is the disc for the 2010 map compatible with all BMW navigations in the different models? Heard from PML that because the interface is different, may have to upgrade the Navigation software as well besides the map.

Thanks

hi, just to check has anyone bought the DVD and tried it already? I recently ask PML for the latest DVD and it freaking cost about $600!

thanks!

oh wow!!! where did you get the copy? from the said person on tis thread? you reckon the 2010 could be found? thanks in advance for your reply!

Got it thru a friend contact. No 2010 coz they say 2010 is working on hard disk rather than dvd.

thanks for the info!! Care to share the friend's contact? :) if not its ok...I've got the '08 dvd...should be ok right?

I've lobang for DVD, can't be sure if it is 2009 or 2010 version but KPE is included.

PM me if interested.

i'm looking for the latest 2010 DVD navigation for my 2005 E60. Any one would like to sell or share the costs? PM me please....thanks!

Hi I am also looking for the latest DVD navigation map. Please PM me too.

Hi Guys, I need the dvd disc too... anyone willing to share ? please pm me... thanks alot...

This is ridiculous!

Does PML/BMW not see the insanity in this.

It's just a Nav sofware! What other nav software upgrade costs this amount?

What other any software upgrade, at this level costs this amount?!

It's not even very good. The maps are full of glaring omissions and errors. It is not like a lot of money has been invested into making quality maps as compared with stand alone systems.

It is clearly just a case of - customer has no choice so charge whatever amount to make unfair profit.

We support them by buying their car and they return the favour by ripping us off. I'm sorry but this sort of business practice really annoys me and just puts a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to PML/BMW.

What say you PML? Do you think this is fair business practice? Do you want us to have the 'Ultimate driving experience' or do you want us to curse at your outta date nav software every time we get a bit lost? Maybe it is a case of quick short term gain, never mind if customer dun come back in future?

Many non-bmw passengers will be impressed by the iDrive/Nav screen...."oooh aahhh" they will say shortly followed by the owner revealing the sad truth behind the fact that many roads etc are not on it and upgrade costs prevent any improvement. "Hmmm...PML/BMW have really shafted you" they might say. Bad first impression of a BMW.

hi all...pls can PM me any lobang too for the DVD disc... mine is 2007 version and AB here charges rm2k for the latest version ....ridiculous.
looking for dvd copy also can...willing to pay bro if it can work

thanks
naz

was in PML last Friday, to update map need to pay more than 1k SGD, which 3x more than my Garmin 1460?! and stockonly available next month...

anyone has latest map copy? mine version 2009-1.

littleblue;616150 said:
was in PML last Friday, to update map need to pay more than 1k SGD, which 3x more than my Garmin 1460?! and stockonly available next month...

anyone has latest map copy? mine version 2009-1.
Papago map on iphone cheaper. $20.

I am sure soundwerkz has both new & old idrive map. I got my 2010 navigation DVD from them sometime back. I driving a 07' 523 LCI with original navigation system. Look for kelvin. He told me late 2009 BMW model with hardisk is using a different version of map but he can do the update as well.

Cheers :)

Oskool;619381 said:
I am sure soundwerkz has both new & old idrive map. I got my 2010 navigation DVD from them sometime back. I driving a 07' 523 LCI with original navigation system. Look for kelvin. He told me late 2009 BMW model with hardisk is using a different version of map but he can do the update as well.

Cheers :)

Thanks...
sorry, so Kelvin = soundwerkz?

Back