HU for e46

gioz

hi all any idea besides changing to after market HU is there any original HU have direct CD input then using the disc changer behind for e46? tks

Re: HU for e46

Oem Business CD
3ee2_1.JPG

This one damn hard to find.
I regret dumping my old one away...
Changed HU @ Audio shop den just dump old one away.

arghhh.

But the most important question is: Other than the convenience of having disc insertion in the cabin, are there any audio improvements over the player in the boot?

tks guys. think not much option then either change to after market of stick with original. just that very troublesome...

Getting a used 1 for my friend across straits. Will let you know how much in total when i get it.

14m3;322778 said:
Getting a used 1 for my friend across straits. Will let you know how much in total when i get it.

bro let mi noe where and damage of it...

Hi all, i am new to ICE... need some tips from bros here...

I am now driving an E46, if i want to slowly ICE up my car, what should i start of with? Assuming i am keeping my stock HU. Should i change to a better speaker first? or should i install an amp first?

For speakers, i am thinking of either Rainbow... those in the range of S$500+; for amp, i am thinking of maybe an Audison, also in the range of S$500+

Thanks in advance for your tip...

Hey bro, The setup sounds ok. Just make sure you get a good responsible installer. What about bass? The stock setup was bassless if not muffled. Too bright when loud so its so bad that I had to change out the stock speakers. I put 2 10inch woofer with an amp for that. Just the HU remains stock for I can't bear a HU that has neon lights so far in this car... but who knows...

bme46;322988 said:

I am now driving an E46, if i want to slowly ICE up my car, what should i start of with? Assuming i am keeping my stock HU. Should i change to a better speaker first? or should i install an amp first?

For speakers, i am thinking of either Rainbow... those in the range of S$500+; for amp, i am thinking of maybe an Audison, also in the range of S$500+

check your PM.

vegadonovan;323123 said:
Hey bro, The setup sounds ok. Just make sure you get a good responsible installer. What about bass? The stock setup was bassless if not muffled. Too bright when loud so its so bad that I had to change out the stock speakers. I put 2 10inch woofer with an amp for that. Just the HU remains stock for I can't bear a HU that has neon lights so far in this car... but who knows...

i thought alpine HU can change illum to orange ?

or there are others with mono white illum type...matter of getting used to actually.

bme46;322988 said:

did my ICE about a month ago... check this link out

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/i-c-e-section/17286-recomendation-do-bmw-audio-system-5.html

i would suggest to change the speakers.. coz if u put a amp in, the speakers can't run wat the amp is driving.. took out the stock e46 front speakers.. magnet looks reali miserably small

Back