How to find out where your E90 being manufactured?

babe

If your seventh last VIN letter is

1. A,F,K - Munich, Germany
2. E,J,P - Regensburg, Germany
3. V - Leipzig, Germany
4. N - Rosslyn, South Africa

Mine was made in South Africa, even though its the first batch.... :ehhh:

Re: How to find out where your E90 being manufactured?

Yaka Zulu!!!

Tot Thailand also have a assembly plant?

Whisky_Tango said:
Yaka Zulu!!!

Tot Thailand also have a assembly plant?

Think that is for E65 aka 7-series...

Just as long as it's not from Malaysia.......kekeke

babe said:
If your seventh last VIN letter is

1. A,F,K - Munich, Germany
2. E,J,P - Regensburg, Germany
3. V - Leipzig, Germany
4. N - Rosslyn, South Africa

Mine was made in South Africa, even though its the first batch.... :ehhh:

Just for your info., The Rosslyn Plant in South Africa has consecutively won 6 years in a row BMW internal Best QC Award. So who says "Made in SA" is inferior to "Made in Germany". The materials are all the same so at the end of the day is the QC that matters. Why all the 3 series here are made in SA is because Rosslyn Plant mainly produce RHD 3 series for the RHD market.

L Armstrong said:
Just for your info., The Rosslyn Plant in South Africa has consecutively won 6 years in a row BMW internal Best QC Award. So who says "Made in SA" is inferior to "Made in Germany". The materials are all the same so at the end of the day is the QC that matters. Why all the 3 series here are made in SA is because Rosslyn Plant mainly produce RHD 3 series for the RHD market.

Fully agree with you man .. to be honest, presented with a 2 cars of the same model/make, one Made in SA and the other Made in Germany .. which would you choose?

;)

Actually I dont really care where it's made so long the 3 yr warranty works...
I m more worried if there is a replica BMW ard hahaha

TripleM said:
Actually I dont really care where it's made so long the 3 yr warranty works...
I m more worried if there is a replica BMW ard hahaha

That would be the Alfa then.
Muahahahahaahahahahahaha

rodders said:
Just as long as it's not from Malaysia.......kekeke

U got a problem with Malaysian ??? :furious:
U look down on Proton izzit ???

KT said:
Fully agree with you man .. to be honest, presented with a 2 cars of the same model/make, one Made in SA and the other Made in Germany .. which would you choose?

;)

If one who doesn't know about the manufacturing and QC process, he would of course choose the one "Made in Germany" as Germany is well know for making quality and durable products, especially for cars. Anyway, it seems that one has no choice in the country of manufacture unless it is a parallel import. Anyway, I doubt the plants in Germany produce the RHD E90 at this moment. I would also like to stress that the technology is developed by the Germans and the parts and components are designed by the Germans and so at the end of the day it really doesn't matter where it is made or assembled. Anyway, in years to come, you will hardly find products that are made from the country of origin in order to be competitive. The electronics stuff are already into it and the Japanese cars are already starting to made in Thailand.

I am working in this automotive electronics arena, I bet you would be very disappointed to find out many of these electronics are made in err... Philippines. One of BMW main electronics (another German) vendor's world largest manufacturing plant is in Manila.

Turbonetic said:
I am working in this automotive electronics arena, I bet you would be very disappointed to find out many of these electronics are made in err... Philippines. One of BMW main electronics (another German) vendor's world largest manufacturing plant is in Manila.

This is how the big manufacturers like BMW stays competitive. They have to find cheaper locations (eg. cheaper labour cost) to produce the parts and things like that to reduce cost. I guess consumer like us has got no choice unless you do lots of research to find out where every parts is manufactured and then made a decision. To me it is still the innovation and technology that matters and BMW is still ahead of the game as far as automotive is concerned. :thumbsup:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8may88vip
Back