how to calculate value of car

taser

hi,

i am sure this has been discussed before but can not find all the answers.

i am going to sell my car 318 valvetronic reg 2002 april belongs to the old parf sys.do i sell privately(plenty of paper work ) myself or to agent or to pml or better to export to get best price.

how do i calculate the selling price?

TIA

Re: how to calculate value of car

u can check your scrap (scrap+body price=export value) value at onemotoring.com.sg

can ask me if u intend to export or sell as i have Exporters contact...
if it is continental car might be able to fetch slightly better price.....
no harm checking if u really wanna sell....

Rick 97897787

oh yah if u r gonna check the rough price from me do let me know u r frm Bmw-Sg n i will do my best for u dude....

*Genuine Enquires only pls....!!!

cheers.....

ok,

my car is 318i valvtronic reg date is 12/05/2002 milage is 48km

stock

omv 46,5k
coe 42.5k

so what kind of price can i get sell or export...................private message the price thanks

do show me how you calculate thanks

wah pity you missed out on the old OMV scheme by 12 days...
for cars registered after May 2002, if im not mistaken rebate will be 97.5% of OMV + 65% of COE (based on 3.5 years old)

45101 + 27625 = $72726. Then add whatever you will get for your body - that will depend on current market. Maybe 10-15k?

I think he did not miss out on the old scheme, as the scheme is decided by the COE and not the reg date.. so if you got the COE in April and not in May you are on the old scheme...as such the value is approx 60450+27625=88075 (paper value)
Using one motoring will give you the most accruate figure

No point selling the car 2nd hand as no one will buy it...best exported as you will probably get more than 95k for your car (paper + body value), at 90k one can get a 2 year old 320

Cheers

If I were to sell my 523 in 3 years' time with OMV of 50K and COE of 16K, then my paper value will only be about 41(82.5%)+11(70%)=52K. This is really bad.

guys thank you for imput

i got the omv wrong it is 35.68kOriginal Registration Date (ORD): 09/05/2002
First Registration Date (FRD): 09/05/2002

PARF Status: Yes
PARF Status Expiry Date: 08/05/2012
PARF Rebate Amount: $46,391.00

COE Expiry Date: 08/05/2012
COE Category: B
COE Period (Years): 10
Quota Premium (QP): $42,101.00
COE Rebate Amount: $27,444.00

how to tell if i got coe in april or not??so how much is my paper value

oic so mine is april bid 35.686x1.3..................46.391..which is the parf rebate
coe rebate is ................................................27.444

...................................................paper value.73.83K

so how much is the body and i understand that the exporter will charge a certain percent for doing so.

any one interested in buying or exporting my car?????

as i mentioned, if you export, i think you are likely to get quotes for the body between 10-15k. maybe more maybe less. the best thing to do is ring around all the car dealers and see who is willing to offer the most.

taser said:
oic so mine is april bid 35.686x1.3..................46.391..which is the parf rebate
coe rebate is ................................................27.444

...................................................paper value.73.83K

so how much is the body and i understand that the exporter will charge a certain percent for doing so.

any one interested in buying or exporting my car?????

Your paper value is 73-74k, depending on how the dealer calculates it...they would offer you

73-74 plus body value 10-15k = 83-98k OR

73-74 minus 8% for the paper plus 10-15k for the body = 77-82k

If you are just selling your car without a trade in...they will probably offer you a latter....if you are buying a new car with a trade in, you can probably use your scrap certificate hence you probably get the former.

Regards

Hi ff6617,

I was told not all cars registered after May 2002 are under the same scheme. Some are 65% some are 55% etc.. not sure about the details. Care to enlighten? Thks bro

taser said:
hi,

i am sure this has been discussed before but can not find all the answers.

i am going to sell my car 318 valvetronic reg 2002 april belongs to the old parf sys.do i sell privately(plenty of paper work ) myself or to agent or to pml or better to export to get best price.

how do i calculate the selling price?

TIA

Bro, u shd double-check your log card to be sure that your ride is entitled to 130% of OMV and not 65% of OMV at the 5-yr mark. The cut off date where 65% of OMV will apply is not based on month of registration (i.e. widely known as month of May 2002) but the month when the COE was secured. E.g. if you secure your COE in April 2002 and register your car in June 2002, you will still enjoy under the old system i.e. 130% of OMV.

T6 said:
Bro, u shd double-check your log card to be sure that your ride is entitled to 130% of OMV and not 65% of OMV at the 5-yr mark. The cut off date where 65% of OMV will apply is not based on month of registration (i.e. widely known as month of May 2002) but the month when the COE was secured. E.g. if you secure your COE in April 2002 and register your car in June 2002, you will still enjoy under the old system i.e. 130% of OMV.

And if ur log card isn't available cos it's with the bank, one motoring.com.sg also can check also.

If you bought ur car in Apr '02 but had to wait till after May '02 before your car was delivered and registered in S'pore, you may also be on the old 130% parf system.

Dealer will take a percentage of your paper value. Last I heard was abt 6.5%. Although at one point 3 months ago it was 8%....So unless the next car you buy completely uses up your PARF, you ain't gonna see all of the cash. Or ur lobang dam goot goot ah..

If u want to save a hassle, then trade in your car if you buy a new one. All sorted for you.
It can be quite time consuming to de-register, find exporter, settle paperwork, sell paper.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
u888red
Back