• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

How much to offer for a Dec 04 520?

Hi,

I am hoping to own my very first Beemer and was scouting around for a entry level 520.
i came upon a Dec 04 520 in SGcarmart and condition seems to be good and mileage is very low. The color is also what i am eyeing for... Need some forumers advsie on what is the realistic price to offer for this car.

If this is too sensitive to be discussed openly, hope to receive information through PM.

Thanks in Advance!!
TangoRhymes...

Re: How much to offer for a Dec 04 520?

Stick to 127. I think they will be very sticky with the price cos this car will be snapped up in no time. I got mine at 120 with same date of birth - private sale though.

Good luck

silverbeam;153186 said:
Stick to 127. I think they will be very sticky with the price cos this car will be snapped up in no time. I got mine at 120 with same date of birth - private sale though.

Good luck
What's yr mileage when you took over the car and when you bought it? Mind sharing.

TR,
I could be wrong but my experience show that at max they will release at $130k- based on their quoted asking unless over long long time, they can't sell then they will release at a much lower price.

Never consider the 523?

Turbo;153339 said:
What's yr mileage when you took over the car and when you bought it? Mind sharing.

TR,
I could be wrong but my experience show that at max they will release at $130k- based on their quoted asking unless over long long time, they can't sell then they will release at a much lower price.

Never consider the 523?

Turbo,
Mileage was 37k. Average usage I would say. I agree with you that 3k at most is what they will give unless it sits on the shelf for too long. Then again at that mileage, it will be gone in no time.

Say, how much do you think the dealer would have taken the car in for?

Is it scrap + body still the practice?
Then when they sell to you is it (scrap value at 10th year) + depreciation x number of years left?

ben1;153353 said:
Say, how much do you think the dealer would have taken the car in for?

Is it scrap + body still the practice?
Then when they sell to you is it (scrap value at 10th year) + depreciation x number of years left?

Scrap and body only for cars that will not be worthwhile on Singapore roads either aged or mileage beyond.

From my sources the take in rate for this would be 113k-115k for normal mileage. Slightly more if mileage is low. At the end of the day, dealers will still grin with glee.

silverbeam;153351 said:
Turbo,
Mileage was 37k. Average usage I would say. I agree with you that 3k at most is what they will give unless it sits on the shelf for too long. Then again at that mileage, it will be gone in no time.

Based on yr infor, i must say yrs is a steal @ 120k, i believe dealer will not be able to sell you at this price man. End 04,and early 05 520, i belive the pricing is at arnd 130k, considering early batch of 523 still selling at sub 140k.

120K correct price, dealer take in at 108-113 for Dec 04 now. 130K too high, if can find private owner, can get below 120.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Archaner
Back