How Many X3 ( F25 ) Owners Here?

Re: How Many X3 ( F25 ) Owners Here?

Just joined... 8)
1) wllisx3 (not f25 though)

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't think there are much X3 owners and most of the time I see more X1s and X5s on the road. Around my area I have only seen 3 new X3's. Anyway update on driving,still running in,waiting to cross the 2k mileage to change oil and really push the car. But currently irritated by the creaking sounds coming from the doors when the road is bumpy. Any slight bump will cause the doors to creak. Another thing would be the slight hesitation of the acceleration pedal. When moving off or after slowing down and accelerate,the car would hesitate for a while and sometimes the engine kicks in too strongly. Sorry for the long post. :)

qianle;943883 said:
Don't think there are much X3 owners and most of the time I see more X1s and X5s on the road. Around my area I have only seen 3 new X3's. Anyway update on driving,still running in,waiting to cross the 2k mileage to change oil and really push the car. But currently irritated by the creaking sounds coming from the doors when the road is bumpy. Any slight bump will cause the doors to creak. Another thing would be the slight hesitation of the acceleration pedal. When moving off or after slowing down and accelerate,the car would hesitate for a while and sometimes the engine kicks in too strongly. Sorry for the long post. :)

Lets get this treading going....

1. sm - Carbon Black

Hi Qianle,

Nice to meet a fellow X3 owner.

I collected my X3 2 weeks ago, but todate I did not find any creaking sound from the doors as you mentioned.
Quite quiet actually, compared to the X1 I was driving previously of which the aircon was just too noisy.

As for my new X3, still running in. Got a question to ask....

Is it a must to do an oil change at 2k? Some say 1k better.
Infact, the salesman told me to come back for first servicing at either 10k or 12k...
just wondering if I missed something, btw, does PML change it for free at 2k?.

When moving off, it is slugish at times, only when I move off too slowly, but once I decide to push the pedal down, it is fine.
I do not like the start/stop feature, so I seldom use it. I always off it before I move off.

I am very happy with my X3, mineral silver, great looks and performance.

BTW, Happy Chinese New Year. Cheers!

Lets get this treading going....

1. sm - Carbon Black
2.qianle - Alpine White

qianle;955395 said:
Lets get this treading going....yes.. All X3 owners ... Do your part!

1. sm - Carbon Black
2. qianle - Alpine White
3. stevenk29 - Mineral Silver.
4. jc72 - Black Black.

Hi Stevenk29,congrats on your new car!! :) Just in time for cny also.. haha.. And as for the creaking noise,I sent in to pml to get it resolved and mentioned to them about the same problem as the e90 thus skipping a test drive to find out the noise.. They paste a scotch tape type of material along the door touching the velvet like material on the door top which removed all the noise.. Now it is just a quiet drive.. :) As for the 2k servicing,I feel that since a long time ago new cars have been schduled for servicing at 1,5,10k intervals to clear off any small metal fillings from the running in of engine,I don't really see why we can skip this step.. My sa also told me to come in for servicing at 12k km.. I just changed it outside for a piece of mind as the car is so expensive and I am planning to keep it for at least 7-8 years.. So might as well just do it.. :)
For the pedal,mine is also the same.. Sometimes driving,using the quick 'press and let go' to make the car down gear,I had to do this twice to get some pull as there is just too many gears and comfort really reduces the throttle response by quite a lot.. But I think it is also good as in traffice light situation,you won't want the full torque to kick in and kiss the car in front.. haha.. So a slight lag I think is required.. But since it is electronic throttle,almost any car is similar with the throttle lag.. This is where the sprint booster comes in.. I feel the sports mode holds gear for too long.. Even shifting it up,it will drop down a gear a few seconds later.. The start/stop function I also turn it off when I drive off.. I only turn it on if I know I will be stuck at the traffic lights for a while.. Else no point.. And I did ask the technician if we can program it off and he mention that it will take 2 days to program it to last memory.. My sa on the other hand told me that it is not possible to program and mentioned about the new active hybrid 5 and stuff.. Weird.. :huhhuh:

Thanks Bro!

So you already did a oil change at 1k,
and again at 2k? Or the first one at 2k?

Also where did you do it? Reliable?
What brand synthetic oil do they use?
Can I have the address?
As I don't feel comfortable with others than PML.
Just to be on the safe side.

Thanks & Regards
Steven

jc72 also black black X3.....huat ah!!!!

stevenk29;955396 said:
qianle;955395 said:
Lets get this treading going....yes.. All X3 owners ... Do your part!

1. sm - Carbon Black
2. qianle - Alpine White
4. jc72 - Black Black.

Gong Xi Fa Chai! to all....Lets get this tread going.

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

1. sm - Carbon Black
2. qianle - Alpine White
4. jc72 - Black Black.
5. scorch - 2007 Platinum Bronze

Oops just realized thread is for F25. Mine is E83. Paiseh....

stevenk29;955398 said:
Thanks Bro!

So you already did a oil change at 1k,
and again at 2k? Or the first one at 2k?

Also where did you do it? Reliable?
What brand synthetic oil do they use?
Can I have the address?
As I don't feel comfortable with others than PML.
Just to be on the safe side.

Thanks & Regards
Steven

Hi stevenk29,sorry have been quite busy the past week.. I changed my engine oil at R2D one of our site sponsor.. I would say they are very experienced in BMWs as I sent my E90 for servicing and repairs also.. They are able to pin point out the problem fast and slove it on the spot.. Other then waiting for parts to be ordered.. Most recent one would be steering angle sensor which p*l i sent in ti took 1 week to diagnose and blamed it on my aftermarket steering wheel adaptor and told me that the whole internal cable needed to be changed and the price would be more expensive then the car's scrap value.. They blamed the tapping of wire which caused the sensor to fail.. My sound system was changed for more then 6 months before this problem occured.. So it does not make sense.. They mentioned that even after they change the sensor,they cannot gurantee the car will be ok.. I would say that this only adds on to what fellow forum members have mentioned.. So took the vehicle back paying $200 plus for the diagnose and brought it to R2D straight.. less then 5 mins of explaining,part was ordedred,deposit paid and another appointment booked.. 1hr was all they took to change the sensor.. all is well with the car till now.. that was last nov.. they also helped me to change the famous issues with the wiper relay.. so I have no problem sending my car to them for servicing/repairs.. I changed to millers oil of weight 30.. you can find their address under the site sponsors.. :) hope this helps.. :)

Welcome to the F25 club!!!! :D :D :D :D You will love the space and handling of the car as is quite chuckable in the corners.. haha.. and congrats on your new car!!! :D

Hi,this F25 thread is quite quiet.. so will post a quick review.. :) having just clocked 5k km,was very interested and itchy hands to install the jb3 after seeing the reviews online.. first off,the F25 is a very good car to drive,just that the gearbox always want to shift up as fast as possible so it is always caught in the wrong gear.. secondly,the throttle lag is quite significant when during overtaking.. the engine runs out of puff after 4k plus rpm.. so couldn't resist the temptation and my itchy hands I gave in and went down to fix up the jb3.. I want to thank nic for his fast install and also for being such a friendly person.. so :thumbsup::thumbsup: to him.. :)
after the install,the pull is incredible.. now even with 6 people on the car,i don't have the feeling of the car being heavy and underpowered when overtaking due to the lag and also the running out puff.. just reving over 3k plus a bit is enough for overtaking.. needless to say at WOT,the feeling is definitely different.. the pull is very strong.. the throttle lag has reduced quite a bit and is more sensitive.. below 3k rpm,the car is as per normal,with slightly smoother throttle response.. with only 200km on the jb3,i can't comment much as of yet,but will post a review after a longer run in.. :D thanks for reading.. :)

Back