How did you choose / get your nickname?

Re: How did you choose / get your nickname?

manisan;1091602 said:
I also just got an 8 yo E60, 523i. overall pretty satisfied. I think most important is to check whether there's a jerking when going to stop. This likely means the gearbox need to be overhauled (change solenoid). Others are the usual electronics (power windows, mirrors, electric seats), then check whether there's any warning indicators from the I-drive.

The one thing I am not satisfied is with the FC, I thought it should do better than 8km/L that I am getting now. I drive 70-80% on expressway, so expected ~9 to 10.

Happy hunting!

that's the standard FC you will be getting from a 8-9 yrs old 523. mine is also around that number... 8km/l, sometimes even lesser...

overhaul the engine if you want better FC...

Marcus Han;1091471 said:
Going to test drive a car e60....and may pull it up for independent check with workshop....any recommendation ?

check when the gearbox solenoid was change. it usually breaks at around 100K km. that cost 3k and up including labor.

Marcus Han;1091471 said:
Going to test drive a car e60....and may pull it up for independent check with workshop....any recommendation ?

for recommendations on workshop, you may wish to check out this forum's site sponsors...

Re: ryan, how did you choose / get your nickname?

Hi, I am Lyia. Looking to purchase the 2 series. Now driving a crappy golf.

I hope to have some fun with the car n trekking is on my bucket list.

Re: ryan, how did you choose / get your nickname?

lyia;1093938 said:
Hi, I am Lyia. Looking to purchase the 2 series. Now driving a crappy golf.

I hope to have some fun with the car n trekking is on my bucket list.

Hi Lyia,

welcome onboard......

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

"Infinite" because it represents something that is unquantifiable, much like my personality. And "Jedi"? Well thats easy - I'm a huge Star Wars fan!

Re: [you], how did you choose / get your nickname?

Been using this nick for some time with the Honda Group.. bought a BM recently and here I am.

Driving a Frozen Grey E92 now :)

ehhhhh its actually my real name , direct translation can be bastard , or pig god or cooking god

Re: Marcus Han, how did you choose / get your nickname?

Ombre;1094563 said:
Been using this nick for some time with the Honda Group.. bought a BM recently and here I am.

Driving a Frozen Grey E92 now :)

How old is your E92 and its consumption like? I know of E90 but not 92. Maybe can enlighten.
May I know what to look out when choosing used car.

veeeeery old nickname from my LAN gaming days :D

driving an E63 now, cheers!

Re: Marcus Han, how did you choose / get your nickname?

Marcus Han;1094667 said:
How old is your E92 and its consumption like? I know of E90 but not 92. Maybe can enlighten.
May I know what to look out when choosing used car.

E92 is the M3 Coupe, while E90 is the 4-door M3. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If you are going to drive a performance car, it is suggested that fuel consumption be out of the consideration :p

"WahLauBay" as you know is a Hokkien dialect for expressing dissatisfaction, it is perhaps one of the milder Hokkien expression that project a sense of humour in a trying situation.

wahlaubay sounds more like "my father"

Hi Just traded my old 320 i for the new X3 sdrive and would like to learn more of this car from the community. I don't need a nickname, its my name.

Back