How did you choose / get your nickname?

Re: slow_130i, how did you choose / get your nickname?

slow_130i;441721 said:
Turning radius
I solved this problem by reversing, and then moving forward, and then reversing again. Think of it as doing 5-point turn... haha... no way around it. I parked at Orchard Building once (california fitness) and I swore that I would never park there again. Angle is too tight, car turning radius too big, total pain in the ass

Acceleration
Crap. Press all the way but still slow.

Maintenance
Going for my 30k maintenance now. Will let you know more about it once I have sent the car to volvo.

Fuel Consumption
On highway travelling at around 80-90kmh can get around 5-7L/100km. But for daily driving, average fuel consumption is around 14L/100km. Not the best of figures.

Children
There is a sidestep thing which allows kids to climb on. It is a bit high, but kids always love to scramble up and down things right? Maybe to them it is a playground... haha. But seriously, my passengers all found it rather high. When girls get on board, their skirt always hikes up... :p So this could be boon or bane for you i guess.

Overall Feel
I quite like the height. It gives me a good view of cars around me. After a while, you just get used to the height and the size of the car. The third row is not too bad, have been able to fit 2 adults in there before and drive all the way up to Genting. Whether comfortable or not is debatable. If you are looking for a big car to ferry the kids, the maid, and prams in, this would be a good car...

Hope this helps....

Hey, thank you very much for your advice. Its good info. I'll definitely put this into consideration ...

Re: slow_130i, how did you choose / get your nickname?

zits81;441722 said:
Hey, thank you very much for your advice. Its good info. I'll definitely put this into consideration ...

No worries... I have test-driven the X5, and I find it a better drive than the XC90. However, it is not as big a car as the XC90, space in the 3rd row is not as big as XC90 (I struggled to get into the 3rd row but then again i am not a small-built person).

X5's performance in terms of acceleration and turning is better, also feel that it is a bit more 'planted' than the XC90.

Hope this helps too... :)

Re: [you], how did you choose / get your nickname?

it just my nickname from bad company game..and am driving e39 528i..cheers

This is just my name. I sometimes wish I was less boring

Re: Exiliman, how did you choose / get your nickname?

pbarr;442807 said:
This is just my name. I sometimes wish I was less boring

Hi pbarr,
Welcome to the site!:)
How long you own your E60?:juggle:

what size of the wheels you are having now?

Hi guys,

New to the forum.

The nick is basically what I've used as my private email and nicks in other forums.

Am considering to get a beemer, hoping to get lot's of pointers from the regulars here.

C'ya around guys.

I wish one day i could drive M3 thus given myself this nick as "BMWM3". If i strike TOTO (a cool million), then i will upgarde my nick to BMWM3+2...... or +3 so on.....:)

Re: skc, how did you choose / get your nickname?

well... my nick came fr my name Sim K C.... :laughing:

just bought a 135i at ripe old age - so enjoy la! rgds/enjoy

dear bimmer owners, i will be gettin my new ride E92 320i by end june..

Hope to understand more on this model..

Tks..

SLK767

Re: ryan, how did you choose / get your nickname?

Actually my UserID in my previous firm. A combination of some characters of my name. Unique so I use it lor

hi there, just joined and my name is well, my name. :)

l will be driving a 120i soon...can't wait!

Cheers everyone! Looking forward to exchanging news and useful info here.

Re: zhugeliang, how did you choose / get your nickname?

I love china war stories and especially this particular character in the war stories who is know for his intelligence and wits.

Re: essilor, how did you choose / get your nickname?

Hi Guys,
Nice to know there is a BMW forum.
I'm Sunny (nick is essilor). My nick is with me for more than 10 over yr.
Currently driving VW Newbeetle. Was thinking of changing to SAAB 93 or BMW 320.
As both price are quite close.
Thks,
essilor

Re: F4F2U, how did you choose / get your nickname?

Hi all,

Just join this group yesterday and at the same time got my 1st BMW ride. It is a 525i.

Hi all! Got my nick from my company name. I am not driving anything at the moment but looking forward to owning an E30 soon :) Any advice from past & current E30 owners would be most welcomed :) Cheers all!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hema
Back